ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Sky movies free this weekend (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857386-sky-movies-free-this-weekend.html)

Ant 27 October 2010 11:12 PM

Sky movies free this weekend

just a heads up for some people interested

Sky is offering non-Sky Movie subscribers free access to its Sky Screen 1 and Sky Screen 1 HD from 6pm 30 Oct until 6am Monday 2 Nov.

Which movies can I see?

The Free Weekend Pass movies include:

Atonement
Enchanted
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
The Incredible Hulk
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Lions for Lambs
Superhero Movie
The Game Plan
The Mist
The Clone Wars (TV Series)
Sleepless in Seattle
The Usual Suspects
West Side Story
Bad Boys
Big
X-Men
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind
Zulu
Breakfast at Tiffany’s
The Godfather
The Hunt for Red October

scunnered 28 October 2010 12:59 AM

Are you sure?
I was under the impression it was only Sky "Showcase" (Channel 303, and 314) that has free access this weekend.

ScoobyDoo555 28 October 2010 08:30 AM

Thanks for this :thumb: but it just confirms my decision not to get Sky Movies - what a woeful selection (that's usually been on BBC or ITV..... and in HD probably)....

I'm sure though some will find it useful :)

Lady Luck 28 October 2010 08:37 AM

Oh cool.
The only word i'd had about free movies was if I invited 3 friends to join, and they accepted i'd get 1 HD screening sometime in December or summat... with a poor choice of 3 films. (Inception, Sex and the City 2 and cats & dogs)

EddScott 28 October 2010 09:20 AM

Inception was the only decent adult film of 2010. Toy Story 3 being the best kiddie one.

The Mist
Usual Suspects
The Hunt for Sean Connery underwater

Only films I'd bother to watch.

urban 28 October 2010 09:26 AM

That list of movies included is pretty shyte to be honest and is exactly why I don't pay for the movie chananels.

STi wanna Subaru 28 October 2010 09:55 AM

Zulu looks good in HD but as already said the selction of films aint great on Sky.... in the main due to there being mostly ****e released. I cancelled sky movies for this reason. They are twats though as they then block you from watching the films you've saved on your sky hd box.

+Doc+ 28 October 2010 11:58 AM

The mist is a good film, book was better though.

stiscooby 28 October 2010 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9680436)
Zulu looks good in HD but as already said the selction of films aint great on Sky.... in the main due to there being mostly ****e released. I cancelled sky movies for this reason. They are twats though as they then block you from watching the films you've saved on your sky hd box.

That pissed me off a while back too - got a free month (from sky) of all the channels, recorded some stuff to watch at a later date. The things I then went to watch after the free period had ended then wouldn't play!!! bastids!

DARB 28 October 2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by scunnered (Post 9680214)
Are you sure?
I was under the impression it was only Sky "Showcase" (Channel 303, and 314) that has free access this weekend.

+ 1 thats what I thought too :thumb:

MMT WRX 29 October 2010 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by scunnered (Post 9680214)
Are you sure?

I got an email stating exactly this.

Lisawrx 29 October 2010 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9680415)
That list of movies included is pretty shyte to be honest and is exactly why I don't pay for the movie chananels.

Same here. We binned the sports as well. For what we watched of either, it just wasn't worth the money.