ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The perfect iPad application (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/857186-the-perfect-ipad-application.html)

JackClark 26 October 2010 05:44 PM

The perfect iPad application

http://gizmodo.com/5673710/apple+app...s-the-original

Fill your boots Luddites.

dpb 26 October 2010 05:53 PM

Everybody ignore him !

ScoobyDoo555 26 October 2010 06:08 PM

Au contraire!!!

Tip my cap to you mate - I sometimes question your fanaticism, and I'm sure that this is a tad provocative but fair play to you....

Great app :thumb:

Loving that.

StickyMicky 26 October 2010 06:44 PM

Xenon 2 should only be played on a Amiga :D

ScoobyDoo555 26 October 2010 08:04 PM

lol!!! I had it on the Atari ST.

bioforger 26 October 2010 08:07 PM

ST ? :spit: !

ScoobyDoo555 26 October 2010 08:12 PM

lol! wasn't really a gamer's computer was it, the ole ST.....

Mind you, it blew the Amiga out of the water for Pro Audio apps (cubase, Notator/Creator) - which was my main aim :)

tbh, my FAVE game was Kick Off 2. With the Competition Pro 5000, of course :cool:

bioforger 26 October 2010 08:16 PM

What?!? ok the audio software might of been more mature on the ST but the Amigas audio hardware owned the pathetic ST's :)

ScoobyDoo555 26 October 2010 08:25 PM

Not talking about the interior chip (although the STE was in essence the same sound as Amiga) - pro users used the ST over the Amiga due to its built-in MIDI.

Amiga was a great home machine though :)

bioforger 26 October 2010 08:41 PM

Give it a break the ST was an inferior machine overall and a home machine to and you know it :)

ScoobyDoo555 26 October 2010 08:54 PM

LOL :D - I've never denied that the ST was definitely 2nd in the Amiga/ST "war", but unless you have insider knowledge about computer use within the Music Industry, I'd be careful about statements concerning it's pro-user credentials ;)

Talk about "game-changing" machines? The ST revolutionalised the Music Industry. Only to be surpassed in the late 90's with Apple, and to a lesser extent, the PC :)

Still has some of the best timing in relation to music sequencing of all the platforms (with possible exception of the Akai MPC 60)

Besides, the sad demise of the Amiga was down to cheaper PCs and games consoles.
Bring back those days, I say! :D

JackClark 26 October 2010 08:57 PM

I have a collection of DOS viruses somewhere, hmmm...

hodgy0_2 26 October 2010 09:06 PM

i might dig out some of my old autoexec.bat and config.sys files

what version of DOS? presumably 6.1

ChefDude 26 October 2010 09:21 PM

It's not in iTunes anymore :-(

JackClark 26 October 2010 09:25 PM

I missed it. Congrats to anyone who got it.

john banks 26 October 2010 11:21 PM

You can actually mount the root directory with it LOL.

Then Apple realise that using a crappy old version of DOS the users suddenly have control over their devices and pull it. Or maybe for other reasons.

Apple's walled garden looks like it is run by an jester. They open the gates to goblins and then try to chase them out again. And they leave a load of holes in the walls anyway. Meantime, the jester stands in the middle and tells us how safe the garden is. Quite amusing really, this Apple smugness combined with incompetence will likely become more apparent in popular thinking. A bit like crappy brakes on BMW M cars, and that BMWs don't really like snow. Yet they are the ultimate driving machines, apparently.

It is on Cydia and the source code is available.

mart360 26 October 2010 11:54 PM

Amiga vs ST lol

Cant remember the architecture of the ST, but i can remember the amiga

having copper & blitter chips

Copper was the co processor & blitter the block object mover if i recall and

then there was agnus & fat agnus lol

Mind you it was egg on IBM's face back then :)

The amiga could emulate a pc back then, but not the other way around lol

I do recall that the St was more music orientated, but i remember having a

midi interface & keyboard for the Amiga.

Still got an A1200 and a few genuine amiga monitors knocking around the house

Mart

john banks 27 October 2010 03:59 PM

I liked my Amiga for scrolling games, but the processor was woefully slow compared to an i386 PC of the time which was about five times faster, and PCs of the time also had far superior graphics resolutions and colours with SVGA and a proper monitor that could manage decent resolution without interlacing, and with a Soundblaster was equal to an Amiga on sound quality too. The best an Amiga could do was 320*256 with 32 colours non-interlaced IIRC. HAM with 4096 colours was only really useful for static images.