ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Over revving on gear change?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/856888-over-revving-on-gear-change.html)

dan2926 24 October 2010 07:23 PM

Over revving on gear change??

Just bought a 2003 wrx ppp and is perfect :thumb: apart from one thing .......

When i change gear usually 2nd to 3rd the revs go up a little (when i engage the clutch). Kind of difficult to explain exactly whats happenin. eg if the revs are at 3000rpm and i press the clutch instead of the revs dropping straight off it will leap up to around 3200rpm for a second then drop.

When you drive hard it doesnt seem to happen??

Could it be a sticky throttle cable or something else?

The clutch was replaced 2k miles ago with an uprated Exedy clutch

Anyone got any ideas what it could be??

Cheers

Danny

JAutos 24 October 2010 07:31 PM

i know exactly what you mean, mine does that some times.

dan2926 24 October 2010 07:36 PM

Thats good im not the only one mate lol.

I briefly spoke to my mechanic about it and he reckoned it would be the throttle cable sticking rather than something serious, just thought id ask on here as most subaru problems seem to be common.

Hopefully someone will have an idea and we can get rid of our annoying problem :wonder:

Myles 24 October 2010 07:53 PM

Happens to me if I change gear slowly.

sti_scott 24 October 2010 11:36 PM

same here 53wrx been asking this question for a while now and never got a definate answer.
a lot af people have same problem. :brickwall

ScoobyDoo69 24 October 2010 11:43 PM

My answer was always to lift off before before pressing the clutch.

Bigbob3000 24 October 2010 11:56 PM

Yeah, same problem, when i change slowly i notice it, not fast...never really questioned it, just thought it was another quirk of owning an impreza..:wonder::thumb:

JAutos 25 October 2010 12:18 AM

yeah ive put it down to been an impreza thing, its never worried me as my car runs a1. Well for now anyway lol

stedee 25 October 2010 12:38 AM

nah its not an impreza thing my beast of a xsara does it, i did know waht it was ,had the prob b4 on a car but ive forgot - sorry
oh and its not the cable sticking its something electronic compensating might be a vacuum or dv leak something like that

cster 25 October 2010 07:27 AM

Probably an anti emissions thing I reckon.

Suberman 25 October 2010 10:03 AM

Yup, i've experienced it as well on my bugeye wrx, in fact quite a few Imprezas i've driven.

JAutos 25 October 2010 10:13 AM

It certainly depends how your driving to wether it does it, i find if im driving steady it does it, if im having a mad half hour it doesnt. SO MY CONCLUSION IS MY IMPREZA DOESNT LIKE GOING SLOW AND IT SHOWS IT BY BEEN ****TY WHEN IM DRIVING SLOW LOL.