ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   Jdm or Spec C Intercooler Spray Button? (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/856115-jdm-or-spec-c-intercooler-spray-button.html)

14N-FR 18 October 2010 11:55 PM

Jdm or Spec C Intercooler Spray Button?

Am I right in thinking the Spec C or JDM intercooler water spray buttons, while pressed spray a constant jet of water until you depress them?

I am looking for one for my Hawkeye you see, does anyone know where I would get one?

14N-FR 19 October 2010 12:02 AM

Apologies folks, this was meant to be in the 'General' section.

sadam 19 October 2010 12:08 AM

The Spec C has both auto and manual water spray buttons:-

In Auto mode -The water sprays onto the intercooler automatically under set conditions.

In manual mode - you depress the button and it sprays water onto the intercooler

Suberman 19 October 2010 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by 14N-FR (Post 9663505)
Am I right in thinking the Spec C or JDM intercooler water spray buttons, while pressed spray a constant jet of water until you depress them?

I am looking for one for my Hawkeye you see, does anyone know where I would get one?

The spray is not a constant jet. It sprays for about (what seems like to me 2-3 secs) everytime you depress the manual spray button.

eggy790 19 October 2010 02:36 AM

the constant jet only happens when you stick an auto button onto a uk car which only has the manual spray. it keeps spraying until you press the button again.

ive got this on my car.

Suberman 19 October 2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9663586)
the constant jet only happens when you stick an auto button onto a uk car which only has the manual spray. it keeps spraying until you press the button again.

ive got this on my car.

That's interesting. Do you have the 12L tank in there? I can only imagine how quickly it runs through those UK sized tanks. :D

I wonder if it puts extra strain on the pump?:wonder:

eggy790 19 October 2010 09:58 AM

nah i dont have a 12 litre tank although ive got my eye on one.. lol ive got a front mount now so its not really used, was good when using the TMIC as when queuing up for a drag i would leave it spraying for 30 secs or so and then switch it off after my run.

i dont know about the strain on the pump lol altho i did accidently hit it and was wondering where that pump noise was coming from, thinking it was my fuel pump lol until i saw the IC spray light on the dash.. hintin thats its empty.

14N-FR 19 October 2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9663586)

ive got this on my car.

Where did you buy the button from?

Suberman 19 October 2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 14N-FR (Post 9663930)
Where did you buy the button from?

You can almost any JDM part from japanparts.com :thumb:

Suberman 19 October 2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9663795)
nah i dont have a 12 litre tank although ive got my eye on one.. lol ive got a front mount now so its not really used, was good when using the TMIC as when queuing up for a drag i would leave it spraying for 30 secs or so and then switch it off after my run.

i dont know about the strain on the pump lol altho i did accidently hit it and was wondering where that pump noise was coming from, thinking it was my fuel pump lol until i saw the IC spray light on the dash.. hintin thats its empty.

Oh, so the IC spray light on the dash will only come on if the tank is empty? (and it's trying to spray?):wonder:

eggy790 19 October 2010 03:33 PM

theres an orange light on the dash that comes on when the IC spray is low. you normally see it when going on boost as it'll intermittently come on as the water in tank splashes and triggers the light, gives you a good indication that it'll need filling up soon, when really low / empty it stays on permenantely.

Suberman 20 October 2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by eggy790 (Post 9664385)
theres an orange light on the dash that comes on when the IC spray is low. you normally see it when going on boost as it'll intermittently come on as the water in tank splashes and triggers the light, gives you a good indication that it'll need filling up soon, when really low / empty it stays on permenantely.

Cool. Didn't know that. I always thought the orange light comes on when the IC spray is in operation on JDM cars (IC srpay set to auto):thumb: