ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Which dump valve on 2003 wrx???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/855945-which-dump-valve-on-2003-wrx.html)

scooby1664 18 October 2010 06:59 AM

Which dump valve on 2003 wrx????

I just brought my first Scoob yesterday, woo hoo totally standard, 1 owner 2003 wrx, the car drives like a dream! I know most of you would say leave it original ect but all I want to do is a nice exhaust and dump valve and maybe air filter!

Could someone suggest the best equipment to go for, would rather ask pros then a two bit garage!

Dan

dynamix 18 October 2010 07:35 AM

The std dump valve is the best one for the job.

alcazar 18 October 2010 07:39 AM

Exhaust: There are many to choose from, including partial or full decats. You may need a remap if you do too much. DON'T choose the loudest, or the cheapest you can find;)

Filter: Stick with the panel filter, the STi one, green, or Cosworth are good.

Dumpvalve: you already HAVE one, on the car. It's the one the engine was designed for and it's the one the engine runs best, and safest, with. PLEASE don't change it for a chav-horn.

TonyBurns 18 October 2010 08:51 AM

Air filter wise you have a choice, cosworth, green, k&n and STI would be on the list to look at.
Exhausts, depends what your after, loud (normally unbearable and not the best performers), or good quality, good sound, best performance (though a remap would improve things further), then dv, as the rest have said, standard re circ one is the best, the dta's can upset the fuelling, cause rough running etc.
So what is your budget for the above mods?

Tony:)

scooby1664 18 October 2010 10:07 AM

Exhaust I'm after a nice sound not louder the better, air filter I'm looking for performance and dump valve, has nothing to do with hey look at me it's just I love the sound, I'm looking at doing all this without having to remap etc, it's all I want to do to the engine (fir now)

Money wise, ????? £500 ish bit skint after forking out for her!

Scooby_CL 18 October 2010 10:19 AM

I have a ScoobyClinic 3" exhaust for newage if your interested? super clean and shiny, fire me a pm if you want pic or more info :)

as above though stick with panels filters, mine runs with a green cotton... DV wise i run a TurboSmart VeePort and thats nice, not loud doesn't chirp ever time you change gear but gives a nice flutter just off light throttle and cool woosh dump when on WOT :)

also on a side note, any exhaust will need mapping... unless you get just a backbox but that doesn't increase performance just sound.

scooby1664 18 October 2010 10:30 AM

Sorry mate can't pm on phone or I can't do it :)

Address beemer.1664@hotmail.com

Scooby_CL 18 October 2010 10:32 AM

pic on its way over now mate :)

scooby1664 18 October 2010 01:10 PM

Would car need remap with this mate?

Scooby_CL 18 October 2010 01:40 PM

personaly i wouldnt run any scoob after putting on an exhaust without a remap... only way you'l get round that is by getting just a backbox.

scooby1664 18 October 2010 03:07 PM

How much is a remap mate?

alcazar 18 October 2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by scooby1664 (Post 9662126)
How much is a remap mate?

depends where you go, and what software/hardware you have.

Contact a few mappers on here, Duncan at Dynamix, JollyGreenMonster, Bob Rawle.