ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   any suggestions ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/855784-any-suggestions.html)

initialD 16 October 2010 10:53 PM

any suggestions ?

hi all
getting engine rebuild by api racing soon , and just wondering what else is worth doin while engine out ? im gettin exedy clutch kit fitted , heres a list of parts i have on my engine already , really i want to add
mods to increase reliabillaty as its a daily driver .
walbro fuel pump
vf34 turbo
sti pink injecters
full de-cat including up pipe

heres what i thought of gettin fitted what are your views ?
fuel pressure reg
induction kit (cold air)
frontmount intercooler
uprated oil pump
uprated radiator
samco hoses

any of these parts not really worth gettin ? and before you say the front mount , i know they laggy but a car aint finished without one in the bumper in my oppinion lol ;-)
thanks guys :thumb::thumb::thumb:

my94wrx 16 October 2010 11:13 PM

i assume you will get the "red" api oil pump as standard unless you specify something else as for front mount and induction kit you will need a remap to go with these mods and as for the rad if yours is a bit ropey a new standard one should be more than up to job

initialD 17 October 2010 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by my94wrx (Post 9659499)
i assume you will get the "red" api oil pump as standard unless you specify something else as for front mount and induction kit you will need a remap to go with these mods and as for the rad if yours is a bit ropey a new standard one should be more than up to job

ok mate thanks for the advice , :thumb:
yea i know about the map , its had ecu tech before so shouldnt cost me as much this time round . my rad is fine as far as i know , :wonder: but thought its not gonna cost me labour to fit so might as well upgrade eh ?
so whats this "red"oil pump u mentioned ? did i put "oil pump " ?? sorry i meant oil cooler !!:brickwall :lol1:

my94wrx 17 October 2010 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 9659549)
ok mate thanks for the advice , :thumb:
yea i know about the map , its had ecu tech before so shouldnt cost me as much this time round . my rad is fine as far as i know , :wonder: but thought its not gonna cost me labour to fit so might as well upgrade eh ?
so whats this "red"oil pump u mentioned ? did i put "oil pump " ?? sorry i meant oil cooler !!:brickwall :lol1:

yeah you put oil pump, the red one is API'S own rebuilt and uprated one, as for the oil cooler. it depends what you intend using the car for.

Curtis450 17 October 2010 01:22 AM

intercooler front mounted doesn't make it more laggy?????

gazzawrx 17 October 2010 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Curtis450 (Post 9659607)
intercooler front mounted doesn't make it more laggy?????

it will due to how long the pipe runs are from the fmic in respect to what they were with the tmic.

Jolly Green Monster 17 October 2010 08:46 AM

if you change to a fmic and having it mapped for it you wont notice any difference in lag.

Simon

stevie1982 17 October 2010 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 9659474)
hi all
getting engine rebuild by api racing soon , and just wondering what else is worth doin while engine out ? im gettin exedy clutch kit fitted , heres a list of parts i have on my engine already , really i want to add
mods to increase reliabillaty as its a daily driver .
walbro fuel pump
vf34 turbo
sti pink injecters
full de-cat including up pipe

heres what i thought of gettin fitted what are your views ?
fuel pressure reg
induction kit (cold air)
frontmount intercooler
uprated oil pump
uprated radiator
samco hoses

any of these parts not really worth gettin ? and before you say the front mount , i know they laggy but a car aint finished without one in the bumper in my oppinion lol ;-)
thanks guys :thumb::thumb::thumb:

the only thing you need to do is as suggested have david fit an uprated oil pump, i even have one on my forz s/tb, for the cost of the pump its worth doing.

but best bit if advise i can give you, is

sit down with david, (not knocking anyones opinion on here ) but speak to him when you drop the car off and explain to him

a)how much cash you have
b)what you want to use the car for

and

c)if there will be future funds being spent on the car

i am 100% sure he will guide you in the right direction, he often has used parts on the shelf which will do the job and save a little money, which can be used on something you would not of considered as you wouldn't have the funds.

from my experiance he will not over sell you something and in many case as i found out told me it was not required (been miss lead by others) and to keep the cash in my pocket or use it on something that i would benifit from.

thats my two pence, best fo luck what ever you do and i am sure you will not be disapointed

steve

dunx 17 October 2010 10:19 AM

Clutch - as you don't mention any details of the car's age or general condition...

dunx

initialD 17 October 2010 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9659779)
Clutch - as you don't mention any details of the car's age or general condition...

dunx

yea my first post says im gettin a clutch fitted ! sorry my car an 02 wrx .

initialD 17 October 2010 10:48 AM

also i had some work done just before it went wrong ! had the turbo , injecters, up pipe , and fuel pump fitted . when i picked it up i was told that he had the car mapped by jolly green monster and he forgot to fit the walbro fuel pump so it only made 301 bhp !! then he said " dont worry though its on there now " !!! ive been told by a few mates, thats probably why my engine needs a re-build because the fuelling was ****ed ! is that right ?

initialD 17 October 2010 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 9659765)
the only thing you need to do is as suggested have david fit an uprated oil pump, i even have one on my forz s/tb, for the cost of the pump its worth doing.

but best bit if advise i can give you, is

sit down with david, (not knocking anyones opinion on here ) but speak to him when you drop the car off and explain to him

a)how much cash you have
b)what you want to use the car for

and

c)if there will be future funds being spent on the car

i am 100% sure he will guide you in the right direction, he often has used parts on the shelf which will do the job and save a little money, which can be used on something you would not of considered as you wouldn't have the funds.

from my experiance he will not over sell you something and in many case as i found out told me it was not required (been miss lead by others) and to keep the cash in my pocket or use it on something that i would benifit from.

thats my two pence, best fo luck what ever you do and i am sure you will not be disapointed

steve

thanks for the good advice mate :thumb: