ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   What is the point of the Trader Score :-( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/855619-what-is-the-point-of-the-trader-score.html)

EH52WRX 15 October 2010 08:47 PM

What is the point of the Trader Score :-(

I leave everyone i have bought off a trader score. But unfortunately the seller don't share the same opinion. With all the recent sh$te about con artists, i thought people would be only to happy to participate.

-shane- 15 October 2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9657504)
I leave everyone i have bought off a trader score. But unfortunately the seller don't share the same opinion. With all the recent sh$te about con artists, i thought people would be only to happy to participate.

Tell me about it, Im the same but sellers still don't leave for u

KAS35RSTI 15 October 2010 08:49 PM

Agree'd

Cannon Fodder 15 October 2010 09:00 PM

I agree totally, I always leave feedback whether it be as a seller or buyer. I have PM'd the other party in the sale if they haven't left feedback after a week or so and have been ignored on every occasion. :cuckoo:

This includes some members and traders with good feedback ratings but at the end of the day they are not obliged to leave feedback. :mad:

I have a current rating of 26 positive feedback but it would be closer to 35 if everyone left feedback for me as well. :wonder:

my94wrx 15 October 2010 09:15 PM

i agree also and after leaving feedback for the first few of my sales/purchases without it being returned i don't both now unless they do it first.

beef-on-the-bone 15 October 2010 09:21 PM

not really any point to it unless everyone uses it

always leave it but most don't bother to return it

jura11 15 October 2010 09:22 PM

This is its same comparing to other sites like ebay or Amazon,some people don't leave you any feedback

Luminous 15 October 2010 10:29 PM

Oh bugger, as a seller I can leave feedback for a buyer? Oops :o

ClassicWR1 15 October 2010 10:42 PM

As above....

in all fairness i didnt even know how or what the trader score was untill a seller recently gave me +1 for our transaction!!!
I actually thought it had something to do with the actual traders themselves on here tbh????lol :confused:

So maybe some sort of advertising or a PM to everyone explaining the usage and what its all about is needed??....

Regards
Andy

Moley 15 October 2010 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 9657770)
Oh bugger, as a seller I can leave feedback for a buyer? Oops :o

I didn't realise that either

StuS 15 October 2010 10:51 PM

3 x slap for the posters above ;)

I thought that it was quite obvious, but maybe a 'trading how-to' might be good as a sticky somewhere?

Kieran_Burns 15 October 2010 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by StuS (Post 9657820)
3 x slap for the posters above ;)

I thought that it was quite obvious, but maybe a 'trading how-to' might be good as a sticky somewhere?

Damn.

I REALLY wish we'd thought of that one....

https://www.scoobynet.com/news-and-a...scoobynet.html

;)

StuS 15 October 2010 10:58 PM

Shhh! ;)

Kieran_Burns 15 October 2010 10:59 PM

Being serious - if you think it will help having a sticky in the For Sale forum i'll see what we can do.

mickywrx 15 October 2010 11:02 PM

Don't waste your time, Kieran.

Nobody reads Stickies.

Kieran_Burns 15 October 2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 9657844)
Don't waste your time, Kieran.

Nobody reads Stickies.

You old cynic you ;)

StuS 15 October 2010 11:04 PM

Yes, seriously, slap one up there! And while you're at it, I'm not sure how more obvious you can be but..., is there any way to make it MORE clear to people that they need to pay to post in that section? The number of posts in General saying 'Why can't I post in For Sale?', or 'I can't post in For Sale so here's my advert' is getting silly :(

Lisawrx 16 October 2010 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by StuS (Post 9657853)
Yes, seriously, slap one up there! And while you're at it, I'm not sure how more obvious you can be but..., is there any way to make it MORE clear to people that they need to pay to post in that section? The number of posts in General saying 'Why can't I post in For Sale?', or 'I can't post in For Sale so here's my advert' is getting silly :(

I'm not sure either...

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ed-to-pay.html

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-fo...post-here.html

If people don't read the stickies in place, can anyone come up with a better alternative?

People just ignore info, and worse still is the people who know there is a problem posting in the FS, and then come in here saying they didn't have the permission so have posted here instead. :rolleyes:

I have been fully in support of the idea of having a section dedicated to scams, advice re. buying and selling etc. (an area where you could also include the existing sticky about the trader score function while it's been raised) but to be honest, if people choose to totally ignore what is already here, what would be the point?

I'm not trying to be negative but it's frustrating when you try to provide information which is ignored. If there was another workable solution, I am all ears, but as it stands all we can do is put the information out there and hope for the best.

In the case of For Sale threads elsewhere, they are deleted if either seen directly by us mods or reported.

Glowplug 16 October 2010 12:44 AM

Agreed, no good if you don't know how it work. I'm missing 1or 2.:thumb:

morandpeter 16 October 2010 11:29 AM

i gave you one....fnar fnar. : )

morandpeter 16 October 2010 11:31 AM

joking aside surely the easy way is to agree with the seller you will leave a neutral comment if they don't return the favour? or is it part of the buying experience that they felt your not worthy of feedback?

wiley 16 October 2010 11:46 AM

i do it, and normally get one back too. depends who you deal with tbh

wiley

Aztec Performance Ltd 16 October 2010 12:55 PM

The system could be made to be much easier to use, for example the required "deal URL" is unnecessary and just puts people off when they have to look for the thread with the deal/transaction.

L.J.F 16 October 2010 02:40 PM

I think you need to make it idiot proof tbh, when ever i have sold something i give positive feedback and then ask the other party to do the same but they tend to have trouble using it! I guess that is what you for dealing with old people and modern technology:D

KickboxingCrazy 16 October 2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aztec Performance Ltd (Post 9658418)
The system could be made to be much easier to use, for example the required "deal URL" is unnecessary and just puts people off when they have to look for the thread with the deal/transaction.

i always have just put www.scoobynet.com simple.

also im getting annoyed with people not leaving it back even when i pm them i could have double the feedback i have got!:Suspiciou

sharpy2010 16 October 2010 03:37 PM

I've only purchased a few things off Scoobynet members, both times it went fine (luckily!).

The first time the seller didn't ask me to leave feedback, and the second time the seller did, so I complied.

The point I'm making is that I was totally unaware of what the "Trader Score" was, believing it to be something to do with business sellers.

The Trader Score is a good idea, but seems far too complex to use.

Why not also have a system in place whereby 30 days after the sale completes, the seller is given an automatic positive feedback if the buyer hasn't already left one?

Maz 16 October 2010 04:20 PM

Doh!

jameswrx 16 October 2010 05:43 PM

I think it's a pain to use too, I couldn't even get it working. Also I've been asked a few times to leave feedback but couldn't even find out where to leave it. When I did work it out it didn't work and kept saying I hadn't filled the form when I had.