ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   shell loyalty scheme (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/855238-shell-loyalty-scheme.html)

paul corrigan 12 October 2010 11:12 PM

shell loyalty scheme

after collecting about 30000 drivers club points aprox 200 quid shell have kindly removed them because i have not used my card for 12 months
as a customer loyalty scheme i feel that the loyalty is very one way
i therfore ask everyone to boycot shell and also email them asking about their customer loyalty schemes

as anyone else had this ??

thanks paul

sparkytrix 12 October 2010 11:17 PM

sounds quite harsh... although I think the chance of everyone boycotting shell is unlikely, as most fill up with V power :thumb:

Ross

paul corrigan 12 October 2010 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by sparkytrix (Post 9651308)
sounds quite harsh... although I think the chance of everyone boycotting shell is unlikely, as most fill up with V power :thumb:

Ross

ha worth a try mate well none of the company fleet and certanly none of my cars will be using shell any more
so theres 20 weekly fill ups lost ok it wont make a slight dint in there profits but i feel betta :)

dj_akademix 12 October 2010 11:37 PM

I'll still use v-power i'm afraid. Get a tesco credit card to pay for the fuel bills and collect 2 x clubcard points. £5 worth = £40 of channel tunnel crossings etc. much better way of extracting rewards. shell are fight fisted so and so's.

Terminator X 13 October 2010 12:09 AM

They only made £3.2bn profit 1Q10 ... they'll miss you & your friends ;)

TX.

Edit - BP only made £5.6bn in same period :eek:

stedee 13 October 2010 03:34 AM

pocket change

T4YLOR 83 13 October 2010 09:26 AM

up until 4 months ago i always used vpower but also had a problem with the drivers club (which is complete sh1te anyway) and since then have started to use tesco momentum which i have had no problems atall also got myself a clubcard and just filling up there in the last 4 months have accrued £30 worth of vouchers

T4YLOR 83 13 October 2010 09:27 AM

oh yeah and forgot to mention my local teso is also 6p a litre cheaper than my local shell

Tidgy 13 October 2010 09:41 AM

will a simple phone call not solve this? or was that what they said when you called?

Mark'sWRX 13 October 2010 03:57 PM

The loyalty scheme sucks. They keep sending me bonus points voucher which I use, but they never get added on. I've emailed to complain, but nothing happened.

VinceW 13 October 2010 04:57 PM

I keep e-mailing them until they sort it. I never had any bonus points added but got 700 credited after numerous e-mails. Still no bonus points from June and July so looks like I'll be e-mailing again. Appears to be managed out of India so very polite but ****e!!!

Flaps 13 October 2010 05:25 PM

I forgot about the last credit voucher on my account until after it had ran out, it looks like the credit's still gone though from my account? Is it 'use it or lose it?'

I don't like our local one anyway, I think they cloned my card once and last time I went there the pump kept cutting out, he wanted to come out and show me what to do like I was 17, i'm 31 and have been doing this for 14 years FFS!!!! He didn't believe his pump was faulty! :mad:

Tidgy 13 October 2010 05:29 PM

just log in online and set it to ferrari gifts and they don't get sent