ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Cop, speed camera, me ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/855061-cop-speed-camera-me.html)

dunx 11 October 2010 10:07 PM

Cop, speed camera, me !

Due to doing 30 hours over-time last week, I was a bit tired today...

Set off late in my trusty LDV at warp factor 9...

Took the de-restricted road to Rothwell (known test route) my baby was singing her crappy diesel tune, as I hurtled to the fire station...

Picked up "scrotes", and delivered back to work.

Set off with a second set... chilled out now and back to "street legal".

Off down the 30 mph route, sprinkled with cameras, :cool:

Coming round a corner, over a motorway bridge I spies a traffic car, a cop & a camera...

Oh Fook !

He's pointing it at me doing.... 35 mph ? ? :eek:

He drops the camera and goes for the ignition key, "Oh bugger", mutters I...

Just as I cross his nose he's grabbing at said speed camera, and aiming back up the hill.

In my mirrors I spy a guy on a "big" motorcycle cranked well over and going some...

Phew !

So that's how close I came to £60 fine and three points today.

dunx

P.S. The moral of this story is, Don't work a 68 hour week in five days...

beef-on-the-bone 11 October 2010 10:11 PM

lucky break!!

can they still send it in the post or does a gun need to be done on the spot???

dunx 11 October 2010 10:19 PM

The way he shot off after the bike, I reckon it would have been a "chat" with me at the very least... my Scoob is capable of pulling to the limiter in fourth along that stretch...

Not that I've tried, :cool:, Honest Officer.

chris84 11 October 2010 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9649201)
Took the de-restricted road to Rothwell (known test route) my baby was singing her crappy diesel tune, as I hurtled to the fire station..

cough cough, which road :D

These roads are good when I'm heading back from the gym :thumb:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_J7AbDIGrThA/TL...800/routes.jpg

bigarf 11 October 2010 10:46 PM

tut tut tut, 35mph he should have thrown you in jail and chucked away the key.:D

midnight 11 October 2010 11:26 PM

Lucky break for you:norty: ,if i use my scoob for work rarely drive below 100 mph on the A46,but got caught recently in the works diesel galaxy with a 1.8 ltr engine that wouldnt pull your socks off :freak3:,doing 36 in a 30.Luckily warwickshire offer you the speed awareness course or the 3 points.No brainer really :cuckoo:,£60 & 4 hrs in a classroom or £60 + 3 penalty points:thumb:

ScoobySteve69 11 October 2010 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9649353)
Lucky break for you:norty: ,if i use my scoob for work rarely drive below 100 mph on the A46

Not the best thing to admit to on a public forum :wonder:

dj_akademix 11 October 2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9649353)
Lucky break for you:norty: ,if i use my scoob for work rarely drive below 100 mph on the A46,but got caught recently in the works diesel galaxy with a 1.8 ltr engine that wouldnt pull your socks off :freak3:,doing 36 in a 30.Luckily warwickshire offer you the speed awareness course or the 3 points.No brainer really :cuckoo:,£60 & 4 hrs in a classroom or £60 + 3 penalty points:thumb:

My lady got done at 48 in a 30 on a diversion after a night shift :sleep:. She asked to do the 'speed awareness' course but got told she was going too fast.

After the tears dried up I booked her in as a second driver on my next trackday. Seemed to cheer her up a bit!! :)

midnight 12 October 2010 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 9649375)

Steve ,sorry i meant to say i never drive over 40 mph in my car.:cuckoo:,I owned a sierra cosworth back in 1987,and every car i have bought since,,has been to drive. I dont drive at break neck speeds when its p***ng down with rain,in rush hour,or dangerous conditions :nono:,but when the road is clear and vision is good ,yes i do put my boot down ,why else would i spend money having a car with 215 bhp and capable of 143 mph remapped :Suspiciou,not for fun,but to enjoy the extra power :norty:. Not having a go mate ,but just being honest.my main car for work is a honda civic ,and i struggle to keep that at a steady 70 mph when the dual carriageway is clear.

midnight 12 October 2010 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by dj_akademix (Post 9649380)
My lady got done at 48 in a 30 on a diversion after a night shift :sleep:. She asked to do the 'speed awareness' course but got told she was going too fast.

After the tears dried up I booked her in as a second driver on my next trackday. Seemed to cheer her up a bit!! :)

I believe they only offer you the speed awareness course if you are not over the speed limit by more than 20% , ie : 36 in a 30,48 in a 40,etc.Also you have to have a clean driving licence with no points on (no points in 15 yrs for me).

andy97 12 October 2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 9649375)

For minor traffic offences mentioning it after 14 days is OK :D

Glowplug 12 October 2010 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9649408)
Steve ,sorry i meant to say i never drive over 40 mph in my car.:cuckoo:,I owned a sierra cosworth back in 1987,and every car i have bought since,,has been to drive. I dont drive at break neck speeds when its p***ng down with rain,in rush hour,or dangerous conditions :nono:,but when the road is clear and vision is good ,yes i do put my boot down ,why else would i spend money having a car with 215 bhp and capable of 143 mph remapped :Suspiciou,not for fun,but to enjoy the extra power :norty:. Not having a go mate ,but just being honest.my main car for work is a honda civic ,and i struggle to keep that at a steady 70 mph when the dual carriageway is clear.

Lucky break dunx.:thumb:

I use to have a nice commute route too, i know exactly where you are coming from:D.

I got followed 'all' the way to our yard one morning, I saw him coming and sat on the limit. He said, he had seen me but never had the chance to clock me.:nono:

scooby L 12 October 2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9649408)

I think the point Steve was trying to make was be aware...it's been done before :thumb:

http://www.globaltoronto.com/story.html?id=3381217

DazW 13 October 2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9649414)
I believe they only offer you the speed awareness course if you are not over the speed limit by more than 20% , ie : 36 in a 30,48 in a 40,etc.Also you have to have a clean driving licence with no points on (no points in 15 yrs for me).

You don't need a clean licence, just less than 9 pts & you can't have attended a previous 'speed awareness' workshop in the last 3 years ...i've got the docs in front of me ;)

lazadude 13 October 2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 9649796)
I think the point Steve was trying to make was be aware...it's been done before :thumb:

http://www.globaltoronto.com/story.html?id=3381217

US / Canadian Law cannot be used as viable examples in UK courts. :) So they would have no previous case to depend on and I'm sure that without video proof etc that it would just get thrown out..

Although im sure the police would love to issue a ticket just to see if you pay up... :/ (Sorry to hijack OP thread, but I got a ticket through that I was speeding in the other side of the country but the camera had failed to take a picture.. :confused: So that got dropped by Yorkshire Constab.)

Glowplug 13 October 2010 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by lazadude (Post 9651590)
(Sorry to hijack OP thread, but I got a ticket through that I was speeding in the other side of the country but the camera had failed to take a picture.. :confused: So that got dropped by Yorkshire Constab.)

If the camera failed to take a picture, how did they know where to send the letter to you inform you, that the camera had failed to take a picture?:wonder:

dj_akademix 13 October 2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DazW (Post 9651574)
You don't need a clean licence, just less than 9 pts & you can't have attended a previous 'speed awareness' workshop in the last 3 years ...i've got the docs in front of me ;)

I'd love to see those documents, do you have a LINK? She's had a clean licence and and no points but was told by the officer at the roadside that she was going too quickly to be allowed to use the course.

Megaman 13 October 2010 03:51 PM

Glad to see you got away with it mate - weve all been there :)

dunx 13 October 2010 08:03 PM

Well I had a chat with our resident P.C. today and he confirmed that he would have to stop me and caution me on the spot IF I were properly over the limit.

Bringing my sat-nav in Thursday to calibrate the speedo.

dunx

P.S. Hi Martin, who's the young'un ?

dunx 13 October 2010 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 9649685)
Lucky break dunx.:thumb:

I use to have a nice commute route too, i know exactly where you are coming from:D.

I got followed 'all' the way to our yard one morning, I saw him coming and sat on the limit. He said, he had seen me but never had the chance to clock me.:nono:

It's not a nice drive, just ferrying snot-nosed window lickers to Rothwell Fire Station. I'm a semi-professional driver you know. :lol1::lol1::lol1:

One day I'll take some shots of Thunderbird two.... :freak3:

dunx

Glowplug 13 October 2010 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9653042)
It's not a nice drive, just ferrying snot-nosed window lickers to Rothwell Fire Station. I'm a semi-professional driver you know. :lol1::lol1::lol1:

One day I'll take some shots of Thunderbird two.... :freak3:

dunx

Nicely phrased dunx. :lol1:

chocolate_o_brian 13 October 2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9649201)

P.S. The moral of this story is, Don't work a 68 hour week in five days, especially when you're slightly older than the Queen.

EFA :D

Dazza9t9 13 October 2010 09:05 PM

Dunx, where was this camera? I am always pottering around Rothwell and dont want to get stung

lazadude 14 October 2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 9651702)
If the camera failed to take a picture, how did they know where to send the letter to you inform you, that the camera had failed to take a picture?:wonder:

Thus the dropped charges when I asked exactly the same thing. :Suspicious:

scottydwrx 15 October 2010 08:50 AM

Mmmm where was the mobile camera as I am just down the road in Stanley

dunx 16 October 2010 01:40 PM

The traffic car was parked in a housing estate off Sharp Lane just to the east of the M1, he was using a hand-held laser, so has to "catch" you to process you...

dunx

dunx 16 October 2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9653156)
EFA :D

For that I'm NOT offering you a lift to Blyton next weekend, nor a passenger lap opportunity either...

Checky young pup.

:fight:

dunx

chocolate_o_brian 16 October 2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9658467)
For that I'm NOT offering you a lift to Blyton next weekend, nor a passenger lap opportunity either...

Checky young pup.

:fight:

dunx

:lol1:

I didn't even know Blyton was still going to be honest. Is it another WYIOC thing?

dunx 16 October 2010 04:05 PM

The landlord decided some income was better than none...

WYIOC are in attendance next Saturday.

dunx

chocolate_o_brian 16 October 2010 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9658629)
The landlord decided some income was better than none...

WYIOC are in attendance next Saturday.

dunx

Hmm,

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/69/original/O_RLY-Quite.jpg