ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   135,000 failed asylium seakers allowed to stay in the UK (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/854942-135-000-failed-asylium-seakers-allowed-to-stay-in-the-uk.html)

The Zohan 11 October 2010 12:04 PM

135,000 failed asylium seekers are allowed to stay in the UK

http://news.in.msn.com/international...mentid=4449295

Whilst the population is expected to tighten its belts cut back services we can still afford to support 135000 failed asylum seekers - yes failed claims for asylum so in theory be returned to home not stay in the UK. Then there are dependants, etc so rising to a conservative estimate of 240,000

Can anyone tell me how this is good for the country the economy how this helps save on services such as schooling and the NHS and how this will in turn help reduce the deficit and how we will pay their benefits and ultimately a state pension???

How long before this country is classed as 3rd world - so much for the Con-Dims changing things it seems we have more taxes less services effecting us yet we can still keep spending out like this - boils my p1ss!

Makes scary reading!
The British Home Office has given permanent residency to more than 135,000 failed asylum seekers in a "desperate" bid to clear a backlog of cases, a move being described by the Tories as a "backdoor amnesty".
Asylum cases that were initially unsuccessful are now being approved at a rate of up to 2,000 a week, according to a report in The Sunday Times based on leaked Home Office figures.
Many are subject to only cursory checks in what the Tories have called a "backdoor amnesty".
The report said that Theresa May, the Home Secretary, is said to have been shocked when she discovered the scale of the shambles, inherited from Alan Johnson, her Labour predecessor.
He is now shadow chancellor.
May is powerless to stop the programme as lawyers say it has created a precedent that could be used to launch a wave of legal actions from any asylum seekers who are now refused residency. Granting permanent residency is a precursor to full citizenship and entitles immigrants full benefits.
The decision is racking up massive future liabilities for taxpayers as each new permanent resident and their family can pick up between 500,000 pounds and 1 million pounds in lifetime benefits, the report claimed.
The leaked Home Office figures show that residency has been granted in 135,280 cases. If an estimated 100,000 dependants are included, the number of individuals allowed to stay rises to nearly 240,000.
When the existence of a backlog of 450,000 asylum cases first emerged in 2006, John Reid, the then home secretary, promised it would be cleared up.

Thanks a fcuking lot NL - you really and truly screwed us all over!

SJ_Skyline 11 October 2010 12:14 PM

I'm sure Theresa May has it within her power to launch a review of all residency cases granted in the last 4 years and failing that just pull the plug on the scheme and table an amendment to immigration law making all legal claims null and void.

Alan Johnson was quite spectacular on the news last week claiming he didn't know anything about economics. Maybe he should have stuck with his career in the post office.

hutton_d 11 October 2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood (Post 9647902)
Makes scary reading!
The British Home Office has given permanent residency to more than 135,000 failed asylum seekers in a "desperate" bid to clear a backlog of cases, a move being described by the Tories as a "backdoor amnesty".

No. The way to clear the backlog is to send the feckers home!

Dave

The Zohan 11 October 2010 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9647996)

Dave

You would have thought so wouldn't you!

urban 11 October 2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 9647996)

Dave

Now why is it that the power that be cannot see this very simple approach to the problem :(

Yourself, Paul & myself should be in power :thumb:

The Zohan 11 October 2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9648368)
Now why is it that the power that be cannot see this very simple approach to the problem :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NewYCbpfbw ;)

Lee247 11 October 2010 05:04 PM

(The decision is racking up massive future liabilities for taxpayers as each new permanent resident and their family can pick up between 500,000 pounds and 1 million pounds in lifetime benefits, the report claimed.)

:eek2: That's disgraceful

tony de wonderful 11 October 2010 05:37 PM

It's unbelievable, but my guess is the human rights lawyers (vultures), would have such a field day fighting deportations that the Gov has to role over.

Weasel 555 11 October 2010 05:48 PM

just nuts !!

madscoob 11 October 2010 06:02 PM

in simple terms look upon this country as a train . thats 240000 passengers that havent paid for the ride , the rest of us have to pay over the odds to cover thier seat . in other words passengers on the platform of life who should be chucked off and told to walk home end of

neil1980 11 October 2010 06:04 PM

Line em up n shoot the feckers 1 by 1 ill do it.

The Zohan 12 October 2010 07:57 AM

I would like to see this government show some guts and carry out the extraditions of people already deemed as failed asylum seekers.

Leslie 12 October 2010 08:48 AM

If they had any bottle at all they would kick the Eu human rights act into touch, just as a starter!

Les

tony de wonderful 12 October 2010 09:04 AM

We're projected to have another 10 million people in this country by 2025 (most from the 3rd world).

It's fcuked.

The Zohan 12 October 2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9649574)
We're projected to have another 10 million people in this country by 2025 (most from the 3rd world).

It's fcuked.

Hmm seen these figures before and i do wonder just how this country can sustain this kind of growth before it does become 2nd class and eventually third world. We currently have debts with interest payments of 44bn alone without even servicing/reducing the debt, 2+m unemployed so how can this carry on...some schools where British is not the first language and where the diversity of ethnicity can mean 8+ different languages being spoken and the additional teaching funding etc. just to get non British kids to the basic level. currently 1 in 4 children born in this country are born to non British parents which is going to increase.

I just do not see how this is good for the country or the population. Can only see this ending badly with additional support for the likes of the BNP and eventual civil war as a real possibility.

I am not saying 'kill the wogs' 'Muslims are bad and evil' or 'all foreigners are scroungers' - just when is enough, enough. we have half the space of France and the same if not more population.

Leslie 12 October 2010 10:43 AM

Very short sighted and irresponsible to allow unlimited immigration, did not help thir vote either which is what they were hoping.

Les :(

Markus 12 October 2010 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 9648368)

It would still cost the taxpayer to send them home, and no doubt they don't want to shell out for that. "Human Rights" will also raise it's head, as they will all claim they've come to the UK to escape persecution, torture, etc... That is possibly true for about 0.5% of them, but the rest are just freeloaders, but we cannot possibly send them back in case they encounter hardship, so they are here to stay.