ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's up for the F1 then? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/854773-whos-up-for-the-f1-then.html)

Account deleted by request 10 October 2010 06:22 AM

Who's up for the F1 then?

Two observations;

why are they all wearing the same watches? didn't think the BBC would allow thatsort of advertising.

Secondly, I might give Leigh McKenzie a bit of finger.

Chop :)

Andy Tang 10 October 2010 06:51 AM

I'm up, but it's obviously too early for me to focus on watches!!! ;)

Trout 10 October 2010 07:33 AM

Up now as well!!

Trout 10 October 2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by chopper. (Post 9645723)
I might give Leigh McKenzie a bit of finger.

Chop :)

Only a bit of a finger? That's a bit stingy ;)

http://www.leemckenzie.tv/sitepix/ph...ee-air-203.jpg

tony de wonderful 10 October 2010 07:49 AM

It's all a bit of a mutual jerk-off I find....

f1_fan 10 October 2010 09:08 AM

It's been a long night what with having quali on at 2am and the race at 7am, but at least Alonso didn't win :thumb:

P1Fanatic 10 October 2010 10:40 AM

Shame for Lewis with the 3rd gear issue but dont think he would have got past Alonso anyway. I think Mclaren can wave goodbye to both championships now as barring Redbull taking each other out one of them have the title and lets hope its Webber.

What happened with Jake? Leigh McKenzie was out of her depth I thought.

Ant 10 October 2010 11:07 AM

Jake's doing commonwealth games

Snazy 10 October 2010 11:12 AM

It's crap without Jake lol.
I have to say i preferred the alternative commentary after the audio issue towards the end.

hutton_d 10 October 2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9645943)
I have to say i preferred the alternative commentary after the audio issue towards the end.

Ah! That explains it. I had set Sky+ to record it and started watching before it finished. I always watch the start - good one today! But then fast forward through a lot but did notice the funny sound towards the end and just thought it was our tele .... thanks for clearing that up! :thumb:

Dave

Snazy 10 October 2010 11:54 AM

Lol my pleasure.
Picture went for a mo, then returned with track only audio, so they switched to the alternative commentary which was far more charged with excitement.

DaveD 10 October 2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9646026)
Lol my pleasure.
Picture went for a mo, then returned with track only audio, so they switched to the alternative commentary which was far more charged with excitement.

That was the Radio Five commentry, with Anthony Davidson.

It has to sound lively because the words paint the pictures!

WRXBOB 10 October 2010 05:46 PM

Yeah we too thought the "alternative" commentary was better!

But then, anythings better than Legard!!!!

cster 10 October 2010 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9645943)

Not too sure I would agree with that.

EddScott 10 October 2010 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by cster (Post 9646868)
Not too sure I would agree with that.

Crofty and Davidson are great. If it wasn't for Martin Brundle I wouldn't bother with BBC1 commentary.

They commentate on the practice sessions and its infinitely more interesting and funny.

silva rex 10 October 2010 09:29 PM

I personally dont mind the commentary martin brundle comes out with some classics however, he blamed Lewis for his DNF on last race at Singapore. NO...that would be Webbers fault, Lewis was clearly past on his overtake and Webber saw red and made a stupid lunge back. Very unlucky for Lewis since it was a front wheel vs rear and rear normally comes out on top. T hink thats Lewis,s chances fekked now for this season.

f1_fan 10 October 2010 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by silva rex (Post 9647115)
I personally dont mind the commentary martin brundle comes out with some classics however, he blamed Lewis for his DNF on last race at Singapore. NO...that would be Webbers fault, Lewis was clearly past on his overtake and Webber saw red and made a stupid lunge back. Very unlucky for Lewis since it was a front wheel vs rear and rear normally comes out on top. T hink thats Lewis,s chances fekked now for this season.

Er even Hamilton and Webber agreed it was 50/50 and racing incident

ScoobyWon't 10 October 2010 11:27 PM

When Legard goes, they should replace him with Crofty.

Neanderthal 11 October 2010 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9647429)
When Legard goes, they should replace him with Crofty.

100% agree! :thumb:

Leslie 11 October 2010 10:39 AM

It was a good race to watch, good bit of overtaking too. Hamilton did well in spite of his problems.

I get fed up of Legard suddenly winding himself up when he gets to what he think he is exciting and at the same time demonstrating his knowledge about something which is quite irrelevant. How I wish we still had Murray Walker. Martin Brundle does his best to bring it all back to sanity at least.

I thought the girl did pretty well, just needs a little bit more experience to polish it up, but she brought a bit of relaxation to the essential information, and EJ was much more polite for once! :)

Les

scooby L 11 October 2010 11:06 AM

Glad you've cleared the audio glitch bit up...I thought my sky+ had thrown a wobbly and started to record the red button commentary..