ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   exhaust help! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/854608-exhaust-help.html)

danny c 08 October 2010 07:37 PM

exhaust help!

hi all,i have a blitz nur spec r system and 3 inch decat downpipe on my turbo 2000, now when i bought the car i loved the sound! but now after 2 years im finding it to loud (or mayb im getting old??)
im thinking of buying another system and selling my blitz,but keep the downpipe!
im just wondering what systems will be a bit quiter,i still want it noticable but not the rawness of the blitz!
im not fussed on bore size as long as its a angled exit backbox like the blitz!

your experiances and views are welcome!!:thumb:

midnight 08 October 2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by danny c (Post 9643435)
hi all,i have a blitz nur spec r system and 3 inch decat downpipe on my turbo 2000, now when i bought the car i loved the sound! but now after 2 years im finding it to loud (or mayb im getting old??)
im thinking of buying another system and selling my blitz,but keep the downpipe!
im just wondering what systems will be a bit quiter,i still want it noticable but not the rawness of the blitz!
im not fussed on bore size as long as its a angled exit backbox like the blitz!

your experiances and views are welcome!!:thumb:

Afterburner vortex all the way, seems to be a popular upgrade for people selling their blitz nur spec r s

jura11 08 October 2010 09:03 PM

Cobra exhaust is also good or HKS

hpoolsteve 08 October 2010 09:10 PM

i have a magnex on mine and its nice and quiet when pottering around and on the motorway, but on boost its growls. Im now thinking off something louder all the time so might look at a Blitz

Curtiz 08 October 2010 09:22 PM

I have an hks system on my new age and it sounds great. Nice note but not too loud :)

vulnax999 08 October 2010 09:28 PM

Do it properly, none of this in yer face jap stuff... and their systems don't always fit with UK kit... some reasonable options mentioned above though Bore size of exhaust pipes ( not the final outlet pipe ! ) helps the engine breath... as you probably know having a 3" d/pipe.

Call Ian at Haywood and Scott, they will make you what you want... quiet or loud as you prefer, 3" system or lesser, shape or style of backbox as you desire ...

i.e cutom stuff at near normal prices!

my Hatch 330S has 3" sports cat d/pipe off H&S and they did me a special 3" to 2.5" exhaust pipe so I could keep my std OEM PPP / 330 rear exhaust for a std look ( and car made 370 bhp . 396 lbft when mapped on this system ) .

jura11 08 October 2010 09:38 PM

Hayward and Scott are highly rated and very popular as upgrade,for reasonable price not like Miltek(for more/double money you get poor quality)

danny c 09 October 2010 09:38 AM

thanks all
im guessing going from 3 inch to 2.5 wont make any power differance,not noticable anyway?

vulnax999 09 October 2010 11:36 AM

No, breathes very freely, other hatches with full decat and 3" full exhaust ( same induction kit ) made near 380 bhp so no real difference - my mapper said there was more available on mine but would get into the realms of det if used poor fuel.

vulnax999 09 October 2010 11:37 AM

Sorry, if you already have a 3" d/pipe you can get a nice system in 3" all the way thru ( my classic had one ) no need for you to go to 2.5" if you don't wish to - I did to keep it looking and sounding std!

REVOLUTION 09 October 2010 12:21 PM

Hi

Our Revolution system is well known as being a touch quieter than the likes of Blitz/HKS etc but retaining the 3" bore from downpipe to rear box.

Thanks

Keith@Reviolution
0191 4619200