ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Anybody ordered exterior parts from the States? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/854410-anybody-ordered-exterior-parts-from-the-states.html)

samo 07 October 2010 10:34 AM

Anybody ordered exterior parts from the States?

Seen a very rare exterior item from the States, the company can ship it to me no probs, but they say il have to incur any import tax/charges (if any)..

Does anybody know how much or where to find out how much extra id have to pay this end? and what the procedure is etc?

Cheers

Badbird 07 October 2010 11:14 AM

it would be the price of the part us dollars changed to gbp at the rate on the day it was done, plus the shipping cost + 4% (i think, on car parts) duty
+vat at the prevaling rate,
i regulary get parts from the states for my pro mod car including whole engines, its not as bad as it sounds,
if its sent dhl or something it will turn up at your doorstep and you have to pay cash there and then,
if you cant get it over here as is the case with my stuff you dont have a choice

scooby L 07 October 2010 11:39 AM

Fed Ex send an invoice for the duty prior to delivery

Once this is paid they deliver the goods

Badbird 07 October 2010 11:53 AM

agreed i usualy get invoices that need to be paid befour delivery, but iv found it depends on the value of the stuff being sent, if its not a massive amount iv also had it delivered and had to pay cash at my door,
either way you pay:freak3:

alcazar 07 October 2010 12:35 PM

As above, FedEx invoiced me for delivery and tax. the delivery you pay only gets it to the port it comes in through:(

Carlh 07 October 2010 01:05 PM

I ordered a spoiler light from spoilerlights.com for $70, got here, Post Office then charged me an additional £17 to release it to me.

By from a UK Supplier via USA, save yourself shipping but you'll have to wait til your UK supplier orders a minimum quantity to get around the shipping charges to yourself. i.e. a Varis spoiler direct from USA company, would have cost me £350 with £350 shipping costs.

The same spoiler ordered from a UK supplier who ordered from the same manufactuer, bought 10 in a go, I pay £427. Swings and Roundabouts my friend.

samo 08 October 2010 09:03 AM

thing is i cant find a UK supplier so having to go through the American ebay.

Carlh 08 October 2010 09:16 AM

whats the part mate, do you have a link to the product and I'll have a poke around using the suppliers I use? let me know what the price is, including the US shipping and I'll see if I can spend half hour on it for you :)

samo 08 October 2010 10:07 AM

Sent you a pm with details. Cheers matey much appreciated :)

Carlh 08 October 2010 10:10 AM

AM going to read it now. My spoiler finally just turned up, from the land of therising sun. Have saved myself a small fortune (prob about £300). Now all I need to do is paint and fit it.... lmao (more money). lol

The Trooper 1815 08 October 2010 10:37 AM

Here's my reply from Octane Motors in the US.

Hello,

For international orders we ONLY accept bank wire transfers (due to the rise in credit card fraud). This means that to pay for the order, you will have to go to your bank and do a bank wire transfer. To proceed with a shipping quote for your order please answer these questions.

1.) Do you agree with the payment method being a Bank Wire Transfer?
2.) Street number & name
3.) City
4.) Province or State
5.) Postal Code or Zip Code
6.) Name of the nearest International Airport
7.) Part number(s) of the part(s) you are interested in.
8.) The year/make/model of your vehicle.

Thank you