ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   quick question: Sti or not ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/853426-quick-question-sti-or-not.html)

SwissTony 30 September 2010 03:09 PM

quick question: Sti or not ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I say not but then I cant remember if the V4 Sti's had red tops or not ?

bish667 30 September 2010 03:21 PM

If its an STi would it not have STi rear lights?

scooby-tc 30 September 2010 03:23 PM

V4 STi have red tops (although the paint may well have flaked off by now) have the later interior same as V5,V6 with the white clocks and have red/clear rear lights as standard

Just looked at the ad (that will teach not to type before reading the link) It looks like the paint has flaked off the manifold and everything else looks STi 4 to me :thumb:

just looked again and the seats should have red on the bolsters and the shoulder area.They look like WRX seats to me

Paulo P 30 September 2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by scooby-tc (Post 9628497)
V4 STi have red tops (although the paint may well have flaked off by now) have the later interior same as V5,V6 with the white clocks and have red/clear rear lights as standard

Just looked at the ad (that will teach not to type before reading the link) It looks like the paint has flaked off the manifold and everything else looks STi 4 to me :thumb:

just looked again and the seats should have red on the bolsters and the shoulder area.They look like WRX seats to me

I agree with everything you said but if you enlarge the photos it looks like it's got the sti seats :)

Why do you want to know Swiss?

scooby-tc 30 September 2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9628504)
I agree with everything you said but if you enlarge the photos it looks like it's got the sti seats :)

correct ,i didnt see the enlarge bit.The seats do look V4

bish667 30 September 2010 03:41 PM

Why would it have normal rear lights tho? doesnt the V4 come with sti lights? maybe a previous owner sold them.

SwissTony 30 September 2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9628504)

So we are in agreement that it is an Sti even though it has UK style plates on it and no Sti rear lights . The rest looks kosher yes ?

Paulo...mind your own business !!

Nah only joking, just selecting your next scoob for you :D

Paulo P 30 September 2010 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9628522)
Nah only joking, just selecting your next scoob for you :D

You're too late mate :norty: It looks like an sti 4 with UK rear lights to me :) Do you still have any bubble wrap left? I may have to ship my rear spoiler and I don't want it to get damaged :nono:

Ta :D

SwissTony 30 September 2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9628527)
You're too late mate :norty: It looks like an sti 4 with UK rear lights to me :) Do you still have any bubble wrap left? I may have to ship my rear spoiler and I don't want it to get damaged :nono:

Ta :D

:p

I do but it will cost yer...:p

EddScott 30 September 2010 04:14 PM

Some importers changed the rear lights to UK ones so they got the foglight. Completely no need because the STI rear lights have a blank where the fog light goes that you can drill out with a tank cutter (I did this with mine)

Its a V4 STI. For that price its a good buy assuming its not knackered. A nice black V4 STI would suit me very well.

Paulo P 30 September 2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9628535)
:p

I do but it will cost yer...:p

Just seeing if I can get the buyer to cover the materials to post it :D

Curtis450 30 September 2010 04:28 PM

v4 DOES have red top

Curtis450 30 September 2010 04:30 PM

Yes it has the sti seats you can see the red through the windows and also on the seating area stitching, however I wouldn't buy off ebay.

Tidgy 30 September 2010 04:40 PM

tis a redtop, you can still see the odd flakes of red paint on the edges of the manifold

Mooburu 30 September 2010 04:56 PM

Im curious, why do most stis (v4s) have spots on the bumper and some have covers?

Tidgy 30 September 2010 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mooburu (Post 9628614)
Im curious, why do most stis (v4s) have spots on the bumper and some have covers?

depends on if they had them fitted or not, simple as