ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   nobody buying used imprezas???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/853294-nobody-buying-used-imprezas.html)

mr hat 29 September 2010 04:15 PM

nobody buying used imprezas????

market seems very very slow, had mine up for sale for a few days ,not one call, nothing. and looking on pistonheads there doesnt seem to be too many moving quickly, guy who sold me his had it for sale for a day and i bought it because it was so mint and a rare colour (mica red) with low miles etc, and now im selling it (for the same price i bought it for and have spend a fortune on it) i dont seem to be getting any interest at all. is this a sign of the times, insurance costs? petrol? market flooded with classic imprezas? (granted the majority are cheap and poor examples) maybe because im in scotland? will wait and see what happens anyway, and keep an eye on similar cars for sale to see if they sell.

every1sgottablue1 29 September 2010 04:23 PM

Can't beat the Mica Red (i'm not byast!) ;) any pics?

peter zippy reid 29 September 2010 04:24 PM

the guy i bought mine off 9 months ago had it up for sale for 3months plus insurance is going up for everybody this year

mr hat 29 September 2010 04:39 PM

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...cup/Scoob4.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...cup/Scoob7.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...cup/Scoob9.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...cup/Scoob2.jpg

here she is

alp27 29 September 2010 04:42 PM

v nice fella... love the colour :D

The Zohan 29 September 2010 04:48 PM

Now that is a clean looking unmolested Scoob you have there, if i was in the market that is exactly what i would be after. Low miles as well.

Selling good examples should not be too hard, especially your car - try PH and other quality sites:)

Good luck:)

mr hat 29 September 2010 04:50 PM

thanks, it is immaculate, thought i would of had more interest, just need sombody who is serious to view it and i know they will buy it, just like i did. i was blown away by it when i saw it, couldnt believe it had no parking dings etc, gets loads of comments everytime i take it anywhere, dont want to sell it but needs must, thought i would have this car for a good few years. :-(

Mifo 29 September 2010 04:51 PM

very nice mate. Give it time you've only had it for sale a few days.

My old one took about 1.5 months to sell , loads of timewasters and then the first person to actually turn up bought it.

mr hat 29 September 2010 04:51 PM

yes its on pistonheads, nowhere else at the moment.

jayallen 29 September 2010 05:48 PM

Looks a stunning car :thumb: IMO it will take a genuine enthusiast to part with 5k for a mint UK classic. Unfortunately with so much crap on the market it only takes a fraction of that 5k to actually get into the driving seat of an Impreza so cars like this are overlooked...Just sit tight, no doubt "mr enthusiast" is out there somewhere..

beef-on-the-bone 29 September 2010 05:55 PM

the right buyer is always out there..........

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 05:56 PM

I've got an immaculate spec d for sale & have very few bites on it, Market seems slow at the minute.

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 05:56 PM

I've got an immaculate spec d for sale & have very few bites on it, Market seems slow at the minute.

Good luck with the sale :thumb:

SRSport 29 September 2010 05:59 PM

It is a worry that the market is slow. When I eventually sell mine I will be selling a Hawkeye sport and generally the people that know about them are the people that will want a WRX/STI.

Out of curiosity what have you been offered part exchange?

SRSport 29 September 2010 06:00 PM

It is a worry that the market is slow. When I eventually sell mine I will be selling a Hawkeye sport and generally the people that know about them are the people that will want a WRX/STI.

greylag 29 September 2010 06:40 PM

Bought my neighbours mint 2002 wagon,nicely modded vf34 ported headers brand new pf7s,sti intercooler,big brakes,42000 miles,serviced to death for £6000,put my 2004 wrx saloon 48000 miles on my drive with a for sale sign, sold it to another neighbour for £5500 within a week,no advertising,people love subarus as long as they are realistically priced.

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 9626914)

Who, me? :Suspiciou

SRSport 29 September 2010 08:03 PM

I did mean Mr Hat but it can apply to you as well. Just curious.

I was looking through the Approved used Subaru website and the Spec Ds have been going for as low as £9,999 on there albeit with 60,000-70,000 miles but it gives you an idea of how low they have dropped to.

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 09:14 PM

Indeed, maybe mine is overpriced. Reckon there is a world of difference between a 9k car & 13k car, but all anyone see's is the price.

daz1968 29 September 2010 09:22 PM

thats the problem people see a rough car advertised cheap, then expect to find a mint one cheaper still, when I sold my wrx I had people trying me on with very low offers, then others seeing if I would reduce price to help with their insurance, in the end the first person to actually view it after seeing a few more first just snapped it up it just took about 6 weeks to get a serious buyer, Just hold out someone will buy it, but loads of people hope you are desperate and offer silly part exchanges and prices. Best to ignore them.

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 09:42 PM

Very well said :thumb:

SRSport 29 September 2010 10:11 PM

If I was serious and in a position to buy I would pay £12,000 for the spec D as its private. £13,000 from a dealer with a warranty, £13,500 Subaru approved with 1 year warranty.

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 10:22 PM

I don't personally believe the warranties that dealers give on second hand cars are worth the paper they are written on, but that is just based on my experience of them.

I'll wait for the right buyer to come along, ther first serious viewing will result in a sale, or I will keep it & enjoy it.

SRSport 29 September 2010 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9627577)
or I will keep it & enjoy it.

Why not? This is my favourite scoob, just wished the other half wouldnd have a heart attack at me spending that on a car, it was hard enough persuading her to let me get the Hawk sport version.

Mikkel 29 September 2010 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by SRSport (Post 9627549)
If I was serious and in a position to buy I would pay £12,000 for the spec D as its private. £13,000 from a dealer with a warranty, £13,500 Subaru approved with 1 year warranty.

On the button. Sold my immaculate Spec D with I think it was around 22k miles on the clock in Feb this year for just over £12.5k - but it did have no tax and was due a service. It had a few sensible extras/upgrades worth a few grand, full history, new tyres. Given the car is now nearly another year older, you are asking too much. Took me a couple of months to sell via PHs. Got two serious buyers at once after a lot of time wasters, dreamers and dealers offering peanuts.

DJ_Jon 29 September 2010 10:55 PM

Cheers for the constructive comments. Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack.

SRSport 29 September 2010 11:09 PM

I think it depends on how much you want to sell. If you arent that bothered and would rather keep it than sell it for a lower price than you are happy with then there is no harm in trying. If you really do want to sell then around £12,300 excepting £12,000 would be a more realistic and quicker option.

One thing to bare in mind is that prices will only ever go down from there so expect this time next year for someone to offer you £10,500-£11,000 with it being a year older and an extra 12,000 odd miles on the clock.

mr hat 29 September 2010 11:13 PM

another day, no calls.

pslewis 29 September 2010 11:14 PM

Well, I saw a very healthy market for mine in mid June this year.

One Owner - full history - last of the Classics, used, but clean and honest.

Sold within a day of advertising it ..... price was right, colour was right (blue!), providence was right.

I'm afraid that the MicaPink has a limited market, you could advertise it in 'Womens Own' Magazine ... or, for the younger female, 'Cosmopolitan'. ;)

Good luck - if the price and car are right these cars get snapped up extremely quickly, I had many disappointed buyers who missed mine.

mr hat 29 September 2010 11:17 PM

ha ha very good. back to the civic diesel owners club.