ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Driving a Citroen makes you weak! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/852537-driving-a-citroen-makes-you-weak.html)

mgcvk 24 September 2010 05:19 PM

Driving a Citroen makes you weak!

Been driving my wife's new ('06) Citroen C3 this week. Everything is light as a feather, steering, gear change and pedals. So, got back in the scoob today and it felt like driving a tank. Heavy steering, pedals you have to really force to the floor and stiff as you like gear change. Surprising what you get used to.

dpb 24 September 2010 05:26 PM

Xsara i had had really quite heavy steering , bro in law even commented on it after he borrowed it once and he and my sis have a 306 which is apparently the same thing

Turbo2 24 September 2010 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by mgcvk (Post 9618203)
Been driving my wife's new ('06) Citroen C3 this week. Everything is light as a feather, steering, gear change and pedals. So, got back in the scoob today and it felt like driving a tank. Heavy steering, pedals you have to really force to the floor and stiff as you like gear change. Surprising what you get used to.

Still I bet it goes like sh!t off a shovel...

...not. ;)

Ugly too! :freak3:

Women, eh? What would the mass market car manufacturers do without them?

mgcvk 24 September 2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 9618226)
Still I bet it goes like sh!t off a shovel...

Yes, it goes like that, but without the shovel part! :D

Trout 24 September 2010 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by mgcvk (Post 9618203)

Subarus have really light controls. Try driving a proper car ;)

wrx287 24 September 2010 08:24 PM

I found the same when i had my company car. Light controls all week then in to a classic on the weekend:lol1: Felt like a gym workout:lol1:

ALi-B 24 September 2010 08:27 PM

Scoob appeared to have heavy steering/clutch? Don't make me laugh....I always hated them for being so feather light. :lol1:

Drive a 1988 Porsche 911 and then tell me what heavy is....thats my benchmark of steering weight perfection. :) The 911's clutch on the other hand needs just a little more effort though....;)

G-string 24 September 2010 11:40 PM

ive got a 96wrx vltd, p1 and a citreon c4 grand picasso i go weeks sometimes not driving the imprezas then when i do it feels so so different. It takes a while to get used to the heavier clutch, steering etc, but love them ,-). Saying that sometimes on longer trips im so glad the c4 is so soft, its like sitting on my setee and driving lol