ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How do I stop getting so much junk mail? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/85244-how-do-i-stop-getting-so-much-junk-mail.html)

Victoria 05 April 2002 04:26 PM

All I ever seem to get in the post at the moment is crap from credit card companies. I don't want another bl**dy credit card!

I'm sure there is someone you can write to to get your name taken off the lists, like the mail preference group or something?

Does anyone have the details or know where I can find them?

Cheers
V

Richard Askew 05 April 2002 04:29 PM

what e-mail are u running?? Im gonna move this to I.T forum so you will get more answers...

Silent Monkey 05 April 2002 04:30 PM

Assuming your talking about "snail mail" then www.mpsonline.org.uk

Mike P 05 April 2002 04:32 PM

Contact the company who has sent you the mail and tell them that you do not want anymore mail, as is your right under the Data Protection Act.

They should then take you out of their databases.

On a more general note, you can get request a generic exclusion by contacting the DMA (Direct Marketing Assoctiation). Try them at

http://www.the-dma.org/consumers/offmailinglist.html

Everyone needs to receive less STF (Sh*t that folds)

Richard Askew 05 April 2002 04:34 PM

oops I auto-assumed it was e-mail not snail mail :rolleyes:

Back to NSR we go... :D

Chelsie-Bun 05 April 2002 04:51 PM

Victoria

Go in your outlook express and at top click on message and in there click on block sender, your know what to do once in there
good look

Chel xxx

ChrisB 05 April 2002 05:41 PM

:rolleyes:

Like flippin ping pong! Askew you muppet!

Funkii Munkii 05 April 2002 08:04 PM

Victoria

If you are refering to the post the post man brings, send it back to them in the envelope provided but dont fill anything out, imagine how p1ssed off the said Co is when a blank application form arrives and theyve had to pay the postage :D

I do it all the time, these b@stards are never gonna leave you alone so u may as well have some fun with them at their expense.

Dave

father_jack 06 April 2002 01:35 PM

Good plan munkii - I used to do that.
Once I got an insurance quote from the AA - I then got loads of junk mail from AA funeral serices :eek: - I sent back their prepaid envelopes full of fag ash :D

Funkii Munkii 06 April 2002 01:57 PM

LOL @ Father

I like the ash move i'll remember that

Dave

scoobyangel 06 April 2002 02:19 PM

(work mode on)

for junk mail that is addressed to yourself write or phone/fax the mail preference society at
MPS
DMA House
70 Margaret Street
London
W1W 8SS
Tel: 020 7291 3310
Fax: 020 7323 4226

this also offers to stop junk fax and phone calls.

for leaflets (u prolly get about 3 a week) telephone royal mail customer services on 08457 740 740 and ask to have your "door-to-door" items stopped with immediate effect.

door-to-door stuff can be stopped immediatly, mail that is addressed on the otherhand can take ages to cease completely, and if it does ever completely stop as soon as you order anything by mail/internet/phone etc you will be straight back onto a junk mail mailing list and so the circle starts again!!!

hope this helps..... any other stuff u need to know about Royal Mail contact their customer services 08457 740 740 or sales centre on 08457 950 950.

(work mode OFF) :D

scoobyangel 06 April 2002 02:22 PM

p.s if u send stuff back to offending parties with no postage on the likelyhood of them accepting the items and paying for them is minimal..... sorry to spoil ya fun!!!!!! :(

jbryant 06 April 2002 03:40 PM

I contacted MPS a few months after moving in my new house. Seems to have halted the tide of crap through the post quite well (hough MBNA still need a good kicking as they won't shut up and I don't want their stupid cards). I also rang another company to get off the cold-calling phone lists which worked even better :-) Can't remember the name of them though.

Joolz

Mufasa 07 April 2002 08:12 AM

I rip 'em up and send them back just to cost them postage twice.

Victoria 08 April 2002 06:29 PM

Thanks I will give suggestions a try ( and yes Mr A I did mean the kind of mail you get in envelopes!!)

In todays post I have 3 credit card letters, a life insurance one and a catalogue! I never asked for any of them and I always tick the box on forms that says you don't want any further infomation sending. It irritates the hell out of me.

Cheers
V

father_jack 10 April 2002 03:19 PM

Not exactly junk mail, one of these proxy voting forms you get - but I just voted not to re-appoint any of the directors of Standard Life and voted no to all their resolutions :D :D

tonybooth 10 April 2002 05:38 PM

But how do you stop bl**dy charity collection bags? Really annoying [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]