ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Never seen my old cars (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/852221-never-seen-my-old-cars.html)

Turbo2 22 September 2010 01:30 PM

Never seen my old cars

I have parted with at least 10 cars over the years to other UK buyers, but have never once seen any of them ever again. Do you sometimes come across your old cars whilst out and about? I guess it could be depressing if they've turned into sh!tboxes since you sold them.

subaruturbo_18 23 September 2010 05:59 PM

Came accross my old 106 GTi a few times. Its in very nice condition. Must have over 100,000 miles on it now though.

KickboxingCrazy 23 September 2010 06:12 PM

nope never

zip106 23 September 2010 06:13 PM

I saw my old van and my old Scooby on the same road at the same time (being driven by different people!).

I was waiting to pull out of a car park and my old Scoob trundled past, I got to the end of the road and my old van pulled in.

After about 5 years of seeing neither....

BOB.T 23 September 2010 06:43 PM

I'm an AA Patrol, I'm dreading seeing any of my old cars! :D

I did a job for a girl who lived in my old house, that was weird! :D

graeme jones 23 September 2010 06:53 PM

I sold a 50cc scooter in 2000 and still see the guy filling it up occasionally at the petrol station he has done some serious miles on it now though.

scooby2010 23 September 2010 07:01 PM

i seen my old cavalier on crime watch lol

J4CKO 23 September 2010 08:59 PM

Have seen my old Fiat Coupe and T5 on Ebay.

ALi-B 24 September 2010 12:19 AM

I see my old scoob every week. :)

XR3 is dead :(
Polo is dead
Monaro is dead :(
Nissan is dead

Rover is alive but is parked under a car port and never seems to move.

NSX is alive...but it lives waaaay down south, so never seen it since

Saw the old man's 911 supersport on a stand at the NEC; in the exact same prestine condition it was in when he sold it fives years beforehand, never seen it since though.

Mums 1986 Celica was on the road up until three years ago and used to see it round Harbourne with some nasty TSW Venom alloys.

And a local window cleaner had the old man's Astra Belmont LXi for a good number of years. I fear the engine died on it though as it was chuffing out loads of blue smoke the last time I saw it.

beef-on-the-bone 24 September 2010 10:00 AM

only saw my old rallye as i sold it to one of the lads at work..........

gpssti4 24 September 2010 10:31 AM

Only once. Saw my old Cav SRI, was looking tired though.

richs2891 24 September 2010 12:40 PM

Not seen any of my old cars (well not sure really),
Is there a way to find out what registration would be applied to a car once it has a personalised plate taken off it ?

Richard

Tidgy 24 September 2010 12:45 PM

only ever saw 1 of my old cars, and onloy cos mate bought it off me for his first car as well.

after that one no idea where any of the others are, although at least one was scrapped

nickwrxstiV2 25 September 2010 10:21 AM

I saw my old Scooby about a year or so back. was devastated, he had superglued 'SCOOBY' to the dashboard, put some cheap tints on it and wrecked the Blitz NUR Spec exhaust by continually using mole grips to remove the bung and then put it back in!

It's now taxed anymore so I can only assume it's off the road or dead!

dunx 25 September 2010 08:23 PM

Spooky mode on/

I once had a dream where I came over a brow and saw my old car coming towards me...

Then completely out of the blue my boss asked mr to drive from Beverley to Basingstoke to sort a wiring problem in a new office build.

As I drove the last couple of miles in Basingstoke, exactly as I dreamt it was my old Mazda 323F V6 :eek:

Spooky mode off/

dunx

P.S. I ran all the others into the ground rather than sell them...

P.P.S. My '97 classic "Catalunya" seems to be alive somewhere out there still !

kingofturds 25 September 2010 09:46 PM

I used to see my first car around a lot which was a cavalier. The guy who owned it ended up getting murdered though.:(

Stealth 25 September 2010 10:00 PM

I had recently a note from the DVLA telling me that my old XR2i has unpaid tickets on it and is illegally parked in Sainsbury car park....... Odd being as I sold the car 13years ago and got confirmation that the car had changed hands LOL

Should have just said I'd go have it back then LOL Amazing little car that I used to see getting thrashed around all the time after I had it :D