ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What a joke, foreign fecking callcentre staff! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/852220-what-a-joke-foreign-fecking-callcentre-staff.html)

Jamz3k 22 September 2010 01:24 PM

What a joke, foreign fecking callcentre staff!

I applied for a job from the jobcentre website that was through an agency last week. They rang me but I was at the barbers thismorning so couldn't take the call. Returned the call just now, the girl on the line spoke very broken english, told me they hadn't rang me but did I have a forklift license? Then I was told maybe the person that rang me was out on their lunch and she couldn't help me and hung up!:mad:

What a joke of a company

Trout 22 September 2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9613707)
the girl on the line spoke very broken english

What?! Was she Irish?!

Jamz3k 22 September 2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9613711)
What?! Was she Irish?!

:lol1:fecker

bigsinky 22 September 2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9613711)
What?! Was she Irish?!

bloody cheek you scotch hallion

Xx-IAN-xX 22 September 2010 02:35 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSc6shpuHqQ

:D

Jamie 22 September 2010 02:52 PM

Why did you not give them your mobile number ?

Snazy 22 September 2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9613910)
Why did you not give them your mobile number ?

I believe he did, but was having a mop chop so could not take the call.

Snazy 22 September 2010 02:58 PM

PS grrr at these call centres.
Speaking to virgin the other day and was asked my postcode. SE I said, ok Hotel Alpha was the reply. We did that twice more before she got it.

Jamie 22 September 2010 02:59 PM

Mop chop is that slang ?

Snazy 22 September 2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9613927)
Mop chop is that slang ?

Barbers so I would assume having a haircut. I apologise for my poor use of the English language :p

Jamz3k 22 September 2010 03:09 PM

do you not have barbers in the mainland?:wonder:

alcazar 22 September 2010 03:11 PM

Had to phone one the other day. I made sure my already Yorkshire/North Lincs accent was at it's worst, and also used slang terms etc, thee and tha.

The guy said, "I find it hard to understand you sir".
To which I replied, "Yeah, like us having to phone Delhi!"..
He did have the grace to laugh.

Jamie 22 September 2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9613930)
Barbers so I would assume having a haircut. I apologise for my poor use of the English language :p

And i always thought you were german snazy:)

Being from down sarf never ever heard that before :Suspiciou

Chicker

Snazy 22 September 2010 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 9613984)
And i always thought you were german snazy:)

Being from down sarf never ever heard that before :Suspiciou

Chicker

Lol sorry mate I was just mixing it up a bit.
:notworthy

It's not my everyday choice of words honest .

ScoobySteve69 22 September 2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9613921)
PS grrr at these call centres.
Speaking to virgin the other day and was asked my postcode. SE I said, ok Hotel Alpha was the reply. We did that twice more before she got it.

Ahhh, the old Wales / South East divide :) I get the same translation problems between me (Wrexham) and my girlfriend (Chatham) :lol1:

Trout 22 September 2010 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 9613820)
bloody cheek you scotch hallion

Haddaway and ****e man - I am not Scotch!

bigsinky 22 September 2010 04:43 PM

scotch, jock, geordie, northern scummer. you're all the same to us pikeys

Snazy 22 September 2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69 (Post 9614063)
Ahhh, the old Wales / South East divide :) I get the same translation problems between me (Wrexham) and my girlfriend (Chatham) :lol1:

Lol she was in India , I'm usually ok with the welsh, having welsh family lol

dunx 22 September 2010 07:38 PM

I called British Gas ( about a long running dispute ) and got through to what sounded like a lady of Indian extraction, who had been on speed over her lunch-time...

When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she called me a racist... so I said calmly that she should slow down and speak to me more clearly. She hung up !

I called back and go a guy ( local ) in Leeds who cleared up 19 months of hell in three days !

Then I closed my account !

LOL

dunx

Leslie 23 September 2010 01:45 PM

I had to ring AOL help and got some bloke in India.

I was pretty impressed with him, he sorted the problem completely and was easy to communicate with too.

Les

subaruturbo_18 24 September 2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 9614509)
I called British Gas ( about a long running dispute ) and got through to what sounded like a lady of Indian extraction, who had been on speed over her lunch-time...

When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she called me a racist... so I said calmly that she should slow down and speak to me more clearly. She hung up !

I called back and go a guy ( local ) in Leeds who cleared up 19 months of hell in three days !

Then I closed my account !

LOL

dunx

I used to work for orange, and whenever we had to phone our brilliant Indian customer service line, if we said we couldn't understand them we would get called racist.

I ****ing hate when i get called racist because i am not, all i am trying to do is understand somebody.

The term 'racist' gets milked more than a cow.

ScoobySteve69 27 September 2010 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9614143)
Lol she was in India , I'm usually ok with the welsh, having welsh family lol

Ohhhhh, I thought you meant us Welsh cos each time I ring Virgin I get through to South Wales ;)

legb4rsk 28 September 2010 09:43 AM

An English man,Welsh man & an Indian man are at the maternity ward.
The nurse appears & says the babies are all ok but there has been a mix up & they don't know which baby is which.

To sort out the confusion the dads decide it they will draw lots & pick out their own babies.

The English guy wins the draw & picks first. After the English man makes his choice the Indian chap says 'Look,you have picked the wrong baby,that one is obviously Indian'

The English man replies 'Yes, I know but one of those others is Welsh & I am not taking any chances!'

The Trooper 1815 28 September 2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 9624108)
An English man,Welsh man & an Indian man are at the maternity ward.
The nurse appears & says the babies are all ok but there has been a mix up & they don't know which baby is which.

To sort out the confusion the dads decide it they will draw lots & pick out their own babies.

The English guy wins the draw & picks first. After the English man makes his choice the Indian chap says 'Look,you have picked the wrong baby,that one is obviously Indian'

The English man replies 'Yes, I know but one of those others is Welsh & I am not taking any chances!'

:lol: Because they will both be more intelligent than the English bloke!