ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Favourite Viz character? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/851910-favourite-viz-character.html)

Turbo2 20 September 2010 10:51 AM

Favourite Viz character?

Over the decades some have come and gone, but which one do you remember with most affection.

I'll start:

"Black Bag, the faithful Border Bin-liner"

What sort of twisted mind would come up with that idea as a 1950's Enid Blyton style pi$$-take? :cuckoo: :freak3: :wonder: :thumb:

Still makes me laugh just thinking about it now 25 years after I first read it. :lol1:

bigsinky 20 September 2010 10:57 AM

terry fcukwit, big vern, roger melly

jasey 20 September 2010 11:03 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ogermellie.png

In particular when he came up with a gameshow that was basically Call My Bluff - but was called "Up your cnut" :D

alcazar 20 September 2010 11:10 AM

Johnny Fartpants............has literally had me crying with laughter in the past.
I also liked Paul Wicker, the Tall Vicar, and I still like the Bacons, Sid the Sexist, Pathetic Sharks, and the Fat Slags.

Turbo2: Black Bag is actually a mickey take of a classic Dandy comic strip character, a faithful border collie called Black Bob, and his master, Andrew Glen. It's VERY clever, as is "Jack Black and his dog Silver".

They both remind me strongly of a comic strip I once saw in the student Art College weekly paper, "In College", when at Uni in Birmingham. It was entitled, "Rupert and the gypsy queen" and drawn EXACTLY like Rupert strips, complete with the rhyming couplets and a story underneath. You should have SEEN the size of Rupert's whanger :eek: and what he did with it to the gyspy queen:D

Steve vRS 20 September 2010 11:11 AM

Topless Skateboard Nun

Steve vRS 20 September 2010 11:13 AM

PS. Not as funny as it used to be :D

Glowplug 20 September 2010 11:15 AM

Mickey Moxon and his Monkey Spunk Moped :lol1:pmsl :lol1:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/b13bat/viz.jpg

SJ_Skyline 20 September 2010 11:28 AM

I've always had a good laugh at "The Modern Parents" :)

J4CKO 20 September 2010 12:00 PM

Spoilt ******* !

Norman D. Landings 20 September 2010 12:21 PM

Rude Kid!

Trout 20 September 2010 12:24 PM

pslewis

Jaybird-UK 20 September 2010 12:27 PM

heres the full list

Used to love Viz in by late teens/early twenties - cant recall one character that stood out though

CrisPDuk 20 September 2010 12:58 PM

The Real Ale Tw@ts were a favourite of mine, mainly because we used to get some just like them in the pub I used to work at :lol:

Lee247 20 September 2010 03:52 PM

I found a load of these books in the cellar when I had a clear out a few weeks ago. Hasten to add, not much more got done. We sat and read and laughed :lol1:

Buster Gonad, Sid the Sexist and Nobby's Piles were a few of my favourite howlers :thumb:

BurgerKing 20 September 2010 04:04 PM

Pathetic Sharks for the sheer crapness. I also remember one called Mickey and his monkey sp*nk moped, or was I imagining that one?

Glowplug 20 September 2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by BurgerKing (Post 9610255)
Pathetic Sharks for the sheer crapness. I also remember one called Mickey and his monkey sp*nk moped, or was I imagining that one?

Post #8 :D:thumb:

BurgerKing 20 September 2010 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 9610261)
Post #8 :D:thumb:

Doh!! :)

My Wife bought me the latest Viz annual as a Christmas present last year, it's definitely a bit stale but still worth reading for Roger Mellie and Modern Parents.

boomer 20 September 2010 04:18 PM

Anyone know what happened to "Simon Salad Cream" or whatever he was called?

Only lasted a few months :(

mb

chocolate_o_brian 20 September 2010 04:21 PM

Johnny Fartpants after reading Viz at Alcazar (Jeffs) house :D

Jamie 20 September 2010 04:38 PM

Buster gonad large testicles :)

Funkii Munkii 20 September 2010 05:42 PM

Roger, Buster and Sid :thumb:

Cant believe it's 25 years, scarey

fatscoobfella1 20 September 2010 06:18 PM

Sid the sexist...
8 Ace....
Modern parents...
Raffles the gentleman thug

Oh man,i forgot about Finbar Saunders and his double entendres..

All class acts.

In fact the more you look through the list of characters the more you realise a lot of them were really good...

Only a few dudds out of all them aint a bad ratio!

Setright 20 September 2010 06:47 PM

Finbarr Sanders! ..and his double entendres :-)

From a fishing trip:

"Some women don't like to touch them when they've just come out, and are still all slippery."

Myles 20 September 2010 07:00 PM

Christ on a Bike tickled me (fnar, fnar) Cut and pasted from t'inmterweb:-

A comic strip published in issue 107 of Viz:

"Jesus Christ was the luckiest messiah in all bible times. For his father, a brilliant carpenter, had built him a fantastic wooden bicycle for Christmas."

With Mintsauce, his pet Holy Lamb of God by his side, he impressed the people of Jerusalem with miracles such as pulling a wheelie all the way down main street.

The bike angered Pontius Pilate, for all he had was a stupid girl's bike with no crossbar and, having heard stories of his rival's 4-speed Sturmey Archer gears and how he gives backies to lepers and fallen women, he orders the crucifixion of Jesus.

Arrested by the Praetorian Guard for reckless cycling and riding through the flowerbeds of Gethsemane, Jesus is taken to the place of crucifixion and nailed to the cross while Pilate looks on ("How do you like this kind of crossbar, Mr Jesus 'Fancy Bicycle' Christ?"). Suddenly, Mintsauce comes down the hill atop the bike and pulls it round in a skid, temporarily blinding the guards with gravel and allowing Jesus to escape with the standard kid's comic weak pun punchline: "Truly, it looks like Pilate is the one who is cross now - eh, Mintsauce?".

"See how the Master rides no-hands!"
"Truly he is the son of God."

astraboy 20 September 2010 07:48 PM

my favourite was rock lobster.
Basically a geordie lobster who was "rock" hard :D used to shrug off all attempts to kill him or prepare him for consumption in any way, usually by offering out the person attempting to do so.:lol1:
astraboy.

bioforger 20 September 2010 08:02 PM

biffa bacon :thumb:

my06 ppp silver 20 September 2010 08:14 PM

Postman Plod - miserable b*st*rd

Morning postie......"F*ck Off"

GC8 20 September 2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK (Post 9609921)
heres the full list

Used to love Viz in by late teens/early twenties - cant recall one character that stood out though

Far from a full list. The first two I looked for (Robbing Thieving Gypsy B*stards & The Bottom Inspectors) were both absent.

I like Biffa Bacon, and Sid The Sexist.

GC8 20 September 2010 08:30 PM

Also Millie Tant

"Equal Rights For Ugly Wimmin!"

thesyn 20 September 2010 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 9610647)
my favourite was rock lobster.
Basically a geordie lobster who was "rock" hard :D used to shrug off all attempts to kill him or prepare him for consumption in any way, usually by offering out the person attempting to do so.:lol1:
astraboy.

Never seen rock lobster but that definitely appeals. :thumb:

I was always a big fan of Paul Wicker the tall vicar