ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Audi Q7 or VW Touareg (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/850605-audi-q7-or-vw-touareg.html)

turbulance 11 September 2010 04:49 PM

Audi Q7 or VW Touareg

I'm looking to get one of these in the near future but wondered if any one has any experience of these i would be looking to spend £27K ish and would want a 3L diesel

Paul C 11 September 2010 05:05 PM

hi mate im currently drivin a Q7 3.0, nice enough motor. quality interior, good engine pulls well for such a heavy motor however not the most economical but as im running a impreza and a rs4 cab its better than those:lol1:
another thing is the s-line is quite hard but i prefer it like that rather than having a boat like drive. its also quite large and im used to having big cars rr and rrs, but with that you do get more space alot better on long drives. overall very impressed with it:thumb:

tony de wonderful 11 September 2010 05:28 PM

I think we need to get away from the SUV concept personally.

nik52wrx 11 September 2010 06:36 PM

Parents have a 2.5l TDI Altitude Touareg and is very good other than it eats its tyres. First set lasted all of 8000 miles but my dad managed to get a free set under warranty after some complaining to VW.
I believe changing to other brands helps, avoid Pirrelli as fitted from new.

I am in the market for a simlar sized car with a similar buget and my search has been narrowed down to a Touareg or RRS HSE, the sport having a bigger boot which will probably swing it at the end of the day, big dog and bags to accommodate every weekend + 3 bikes.

Tony thanks for your thoughts but i will ignore them if you don't mind.
Freedom of choice and all that ;)

Originally Posted by turbulance (Post 9594969)
I'm looking to get one of these in the near future but wondered if any one has any experience of these i would be looking to spend £27K ish and would want a 3L diesel

tony de wonderful 11 September 2010 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by nik52wrx (Post 9595188)
Parents have a 2.5l TDI Altitude Touareg and is very good other than it eats its tyres. First set lasted all of 8000 miles but my dad managed to get a free set under warrenty afer some complaining to VW.

I am in the market for a simlar sized car with a similar buget and my search has been narrowed down to a Touareg or RRS HSE, the sport having a bigger boot which will probably swing it at the end of the day.

Tony thanks for your thoughts but i will ignore them if you don't mind.
Freedom of choice and all that ;)

Have you thought of a Forester?

nik52wrx 11 September 2010 06:44 PM

Not keen on the looks of it also brother inlaw works in a split dealership with one half being Subaru. Sales are really low and other dealers have closed down in my area so can't really see Subaru being in uk for that much longer imo.

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9595192)
Have you thought of a Forester?

drb5 12 September 2010 08:24 AM

Don't think the economy is any better in the VW, than the Audi.

Audi will hold it's value better and looks prettier imo.

Not interested in the newest X5 at that money? Or RRS?

SimonD 12 September 2010 11:00 AM

Agreed. The X5 is a better bet than both of them.

turbulance 12 September 2010 07:29 PM

Test drove the touareg today didn't like it at all then drove the Q7 miles better really nice to drive . Don't fancy a X5 brother in law has one really nice car but one is enough in the family and i don't think he would like it if i were to get one .

drb5 12 September 2010 08:35 PM

You buy what you want fella!

Stuff what anyone else says. You wouldn't expect to tell someone else what to buy. :)

Buy an X6. ;)

P1Fanatic 12 September 2010 11:09 PM

Touaregs are fugly imho. Cayenne wannabe and a Cayenne is no looker.

turbulance 15 September 2010 08:30 PM

If i were to look at a Q7 for £28000 what do you think i should look to get off if anything ? i would be paying cash

drb5 16 September 2010 09:21 PM

Private or trade?

With private, always be cheeky. Low ball offer and take it from there. If it's private at 28k, i'd be offering 24 and go up to 25-26.

Skoobie Dhu 17 September 2010 05:31 PM

Test drove both the Touareg and the Q7 before going for the X5.

x5 is much better handling that the VW and the Audi - Audi was smooth but suffered understeer. Heard that the Q7 tyre wear is as bad the VW, X5 manages 15k miles.

Touareg had an odd seating position, made the car feel huge, near gearbox might be better, but the old one was rubbish.

Had the X5 3 1/2 years now, never had a problem, fuel is between 26 and 32 mpg, best I managed was 36 mpg over a 400 mile trip.

drb5 17 September 2010 05:45 PM

Yep. We were getting 38mpg on the way up from Manchester to our home just North of Glasgow.

Currently sitting just above 30mpg, with a lot of town driving.

The parents X5 3.5d was around 28mpg overall and that's with my mum kicking it's cnut in everywhere. :D

andy97 19 September 2010 07:25 AM

Having just replaced our Q7 with a newer version, we now have a 57 plate Q7 SE with 65K miles, FSH going for private sale £21k

Anyone interested pm me

Andy