ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Derren Brown, (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/850320-derren-brown.html)

j4ckos mate 09 September 2010 12:29 PM

Derren Brown,

did anyone watch this, or was i dreaming,

i feel really confused after watching that, i wondered if that lad was an actor, but i dont know now.

in the end it wasnt much cop anyway

SwissTony 09 September 2010 12:46 PM

watched it

wanted the hour of my life back

stef_2010 09 September 2010 12:52 PM

never seen it, what happened ?

Is he losing peoples money again ?

Clarebabes 09 September 2010 12:57 PM

I did wonder if he was an actor, but then I thought he looked utterly convincing if he was. I nearly shat myself at the train bit, but I have a fear of trains anyway! Would be interested to see if someone could wake you up in the middle of the night and make you get dressed, go downstairs, tell you stuff and then make you think it's a dream. The street party bit didn't make sense, surely they'd need a licence! ;)

I'd like to think it was true and real because I'm an old romantic at heart who thinks this stuff could happen, but I am a bit doubtful!

Glowplug 09 September 2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 9590886)
The street party bit didn't make sense, surely they'd need a licence! ;)

And he never paid the taxi driver:lol1:

I find it hard to believe that you can be manipulated to that degree, but i suppose 'if' you are that suggestable and happy to be led then................

I mean to let yourself in to a strangers house and put the tele on. Would you, really! :cuckoo:

edit; Thinking about it, the copper drove home and let himself in. Thought he had lost his keys :Suspiciou

BigBurnz 09 September 2010 01:19 PM

anyone notice he took off in leeds to go to jersey in daylight. told him that they had to land immediately at the next airport. when he was landing it was dark.:Suspiciou

also how do you not know you got woken up by derren brown and taken to a field to feel up a crocadile at 2 in the morning??:Suspiciou

liked it though.:lol1:

kingofturds 09 September 2010 01:21 PM

The only trick derren pulled off was getting people to watch this bollox for an hour an 15 minutes:freak3:.

I may stand outside my next door neighbours window tonight and subliminally suggest she comes out and gives me a blowjob.

Clarebabes 09 September 2010 01:24 PM

There are lots of holes in the "story". I think you have to think about the message behind the whole thing, i.e. that with a few changes to the choices we make, or don't make, we can become heroes ourselves.

On the Guardian website a journo did a live blog which I've just read. There was a guy commenting who was at the selection process too, though he thinks he wasn't chosen becase DB couldn't put him under far enough....

BigBurnz 09 September 2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9590932)
I may stand outside my next door neighbours window tonight and subliminally suggest she comes out and gives me a blowjob.

:lol:

SwissTony 09 September 2010 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9590932)
I may stand outside my next door neighbours window tonight and subliminally suggest he comes out and gives me a blowjob.

Get your coat mate :thumb:

bioforger 09 September 2010 08:18 PM

wtf are some ppl on here fecking joking or what!!! :mad: Of course the lad was a fecking actor ffs! so fecking obvious his whole 'family' were actors to OBVIOUSLY. As turd said it was 75mins of total contrived bollocks! And yes I was forced to watch it :mad:

Glowplug 09 September 2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 9591710)
wtf are some ppl on here fecking joking or what!!! :mad: Of course the lad was a fecking actor ffs! so fecking obvious his whole 'family' were actors to OBVIOUSLY. As turd said it was 75mins of total contrived bollocks! And yes I was forced to watch it :mad:

Ah, UTT:norty: Thats why you vent so much on here :D

bioforger 09 September 2010 08:46 PM

what do u mean i vent alot on here? I only vented in this thread as the show annoyed me so much, otherwise I'm nice as pie u cock! :)

Glowplug 09 September 2010 08:55 PM

It's OK. You have to let the frustration go some where, and thank your lucky stars snetters are an understanding bunch. Go on BF, let it out. :lol1:

Dedrater 09 September 2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 9591830)
Go on BF, let it out. :lol1:

Heard that line said (boyfriend, actually) in a serious situation between two blokes, the one who said it was nearing 50:lol1:

Stitches I was in.

jods 09 September 2010 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9590860)
watched it

wanted the hour of my life back

+10

It was utter shoite. I can't believe that there are people out there who watched it and are, even for a nano-second, thinking it is anything other than complete bowlocks.

Much prefer National Geographic in HD meself :)

The sentiment of the program was okay I guess - "Wake up and Man up" but FFS - Find a wallet and keys, go to the house identified in the wallet then let yourself in??!!!???? Utter rubbish, and possibly illegal.

FEDS on here - Isn't gaining entry to a strangers house just you because you happen to have found the keys still "Illegal Entry" / "Trespass". I guess it's NOT breaking and entry though!

bioforger 09 September 2010 11:57 PM

so what if it's illegal the whole thing was staged anyway

mamoon2 10 September 2010 10:27 AM

I only watched it because Derren Brown never fails to send me to sleep.

Xx-IAN-xX 10 September 2010 11:30 AM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...8/chesterfield
I hate Darren Brown :thumb:

Torquemada 10 September 2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 9592307)
so what if it's illegal the whole thing was staged anyway

Agreed. I was flicking through channels, briefly saw the bit where the guy is woken up and told he is in a dream and then goes out to the garden, then I switched over. Absolute cack.

Faye 10 September 2010 12:28 PM

If I found a random jack in a box on my doorstep Id be calling the bomb sqaud not playing with it!

STi wanna Subaru 10 September 2010 01:12 PM

Lad lives not far from me if it was meant to be true. The bit I saw made me want to self harm so i turned it off.

Leslie 10 September 2010 01:41 PM

What is he supposed to be famous for then?

Les

STi wanna Subaru 10 September 2010 01:42 PM

Being thick.

boomer 10 September 2010 03:13 PM

So how did they manage to isolate a filling station for long enough to stage a pretend armed robbery? I don't think that i have ever filled up without there being some other member of the public wandering around.

How come "hero" never noticed that the (successful) armed robbery wasn't mentioned in the local press?

Why did "hero" not wonder why the police cheesemeister didn't notice a taxi parked on his driveway?

...plus all the other errors mentioned above :(

I initially hated DB's "showmanship" (read bull**** and lies) but then started to like his "betting" stunts etc. and the live show. Even when he explained his methods, it was impressive to see them carried out (e.g. beating those chess grand-masters) as it took such careful planning.

But now it seems that he is back to the actors and stooges that he "promised" that he didn't use :rolleyes:

mb

Torquemada 10 September 2010 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9593116)
But now it seems that he is back to the actors and stooges that he "promised" that he didn't use

Exactly, he always says those kinds of things with a bit of a twinkle in the eye. He just loves the publicity and getting people to argue over how he does stuff, imho.

Dedrater 10 September 2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by boomer (Post 9593116)
I initially hated DB's "showmanship" (read bull**** and lies) but then started to like his "betting" stunts etc. and the live show. Even when he explained his methods, it was impressive to see them carried out (e.g. beating those chess grand-masters) as it took such careful planning.

Of the few times he has explained how he done it (live lottery prediction etc) even that was fabricated, the way he said he done it, wasn't the actual way he did do it.

STi wanna Subaru 10 September 2010 09:13 PM

I saw the lad who was on it in the supermarket tonight with his bird. Still angry with myself I didn't call him Ted Striker!

boomer 15 September 2010 09:11 PM

Derren Brown train stunt investigated by Ofcom

Shame that they aren't investigating an obvious hoax :rolleyes:

Derren Brown - fueling his own ego since Channel 4 gave him his own show :(

mb