ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   West Mids Imprezas (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/)
-   -   XSpec Motorsport in Hinckley (https://www.scoobynet.com/west-mids-imprezas-433/850134-xspec-motorsport-in-hinckley.html)

Boothie33 07 September 2010 10:12 PM

XSpec Motorsport in Hinckley

Can anyone tell me if they have ever heard of XSpec Motorsport in Hinckley, or if they have used them. I am thinking of using them, and just wanted to gather as much info as i can, before i take my pride and joy there. thanks in advance. :freak3:

webby v7 slipperwagon 07 September 2010 10:48 PM

Never heard of them mate,but that does'nt make them bad. have you looked at there website or tried asking the question in the main scnet forums, or better still midlands scoobies forums or a google.

Black Widow 08 September 2010 06:50 AM

Pm Mark Morgan (Yellowscooby) he's good mates with him, apparently the guy does alot of interesting stuff, Marks had a lot of work done on his car, they also have a Dyno Dynamics Rolling Road, at a £100,000 investment they cant be that bad.

B4D HK 08 September 2010 11:08 AM

Thwaites Developments in Warwick :)

yellowscooby 08 September 2010 07:30 PM

XSpec Motorsport in Hinckley top place mate go and see him and say mark sent you he is a top man when you get there you will no what i meen

yellowscooby 08 September 2010 07:32 PM

H you still not gone and seen him carl wragg has bin there ask him what its like he is a top man

Boothie33 09 September 2010 03:15 PM

Cheers guys,

I really appreciate your help. Yellowscooby where you the chap i met recently at Xspec? As i met some fella there who gave me a Scoobynet business card.. Just Yellowscooby rings a bell?!

Thanks again for all your helpful comments.

Laters

yellowscooby 09 September 2010 04:20 PM

thats right mate i did i got camo wrx now and what did you come in for was it your brakes and i think i told you about the meet at star city well see you soon mate

Boothie33 09 September 2010 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by yellowscooby (Post 9591213)
thats right mate i did i got camo wrx now and what did you come in for was it your brakes and i think i told you about the meet at star city well see you soon mate

Thats the one! yer need the brakes sorting.. I tried to find you on here but forgot your username. I just thought id ask the question see what people say. to be fair all comments back have been very positive. What i cant understand is Xspec want around £500 for 4 discs, pads and braided breakline! that seems well cheap! im not complaining, but just seems cheap but then that might be because im used to Subaru Main Dealer prices! ha

Take it easy..:thumb:

yellowscooby 10 September 2010 07:17 PM

thats good mate will see you when you come to the next meet :)

simonRF 18 November 2011 02:59 PM

is xspec motorsport in hinkley being run by grahams son alex? i am trying to contact them regards work done on my scooby, apparantley graham has closed down,but my new scooby was well known in that area and i have receipts to say he worked on it regularly. does any one have a contact number, cheers simon.

yellowscooby 20 November 2011 11:22 AM

hi mate dont no and i dont go there any more sorry

midnight 20 November 2011 12:41 PM

Nothing wrong with x spec motorsport i have taken 5 cars there for cam belt changes in 2 years and you cannot beat them for price or quality. They have now moved premises now ,and no longer have the rolling road..
Also alot of people don't know that they won the nippon challenge a few years ago. They mainly deal with the motorsport side of things ,but are well versed in engine rebuilds,mods etc. Graham is a top bloke and his son Alex can do scooby cam belt changes in his sleep including auto wrx's which are slightly different . Strongly recommend

simonRF 20 November 2011 03:01 PM

thanks for the info chaps , i knew about nippon challenge as its on his web site, do you have address as hes moved from mill view lane and contact number, cheers simon

midnight 21 November 2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by simonRF (Post 10340977)
thanks for the info chaps , i knew about nippon challenge as its on his web site, do you have address as hes moved from mill view lane and contact number, cheers simon

This is the text I got off graham after i asked him if i could post his details on here:
As posting anything up ,I would rather leave it at the point we are for now.We are booked up solid for the next 2 months,and prefer to do work for only those we want to look after such as yourself,and those that need to know do so already. We intend to just be doing motorsport work by early next year plus a small band of road customers such as you . :cool:Thanks for the offer.

Simon I will bell him tomorrow and ask if i can pass his details on to you but as you can read ,he's a bit busy at the mo :thumb:

Black Widow 21 November 2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 10343649)
This is the text I got off text of graham after i asked him if i could post his details on here:
As posting anything up ,I would rather leave it at the point we are for now.We are booked up solid for the next 2 months,and prefer to do work for only those we want to look after such as yourself,and those that need to know do so already. We intend to just be doing motorsport work by early next year plus a small band of road customers such as you . :cool:Thanks for the offer.

Simon I will bell him tomorrow and ask if i can pass his details on to you but as you can read ,he's a bit busy at the mo :thumb:

Your So Famous :notworthy

jimmyinrugby 28 November 2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by simonRF (Post 10338139)
is xspec motorsport in hinkley being run by grahams son alex? i am trying to contact them regards work done on my scooby, apparantley graham has closed down,but my new scooby was well known in that area and i have receipts to say he worked on it regularly. does any one have a contact number, cheers simon.

SIMON,PURE PURE LIES !!!!! YOU HAVE NONE !!! YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE SOME UP ON A COMPUTER !! UPLOAD SOME TO PROVE ME WRONG !! YOUR CAR WELL KNOWN ?..PMSL !! T*T !!

yellowscooby 10 December 2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 10340823)
Nothing wrong with x spec motorsport i have taken 5 cars there for cam belt changes in 2 years and you cannot beat them for price or quality. They have now moved premises now ,and no longer have the rolling road..
Also alot of people don't know that they won the nippon challenge a few years ago. They mainly deal with the motorsport side of things ,but are well versed in engine rebuilds,mods etc. Graham is a top bloke and his son Alex can do scooby cam belt changes in his sleep including auto wrx's which are slightly different . Strongly recommend

still going then thats good graham and al are to top lads always had my work done there on the scooby there no me very well good friends to will be going back when the new scooby come in two weeks or so and yes i wood strongly recommend them to any one