ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Whiteline ARB Settings.......Help Needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/850074-whiteline-arb-settings-help-needed.html)

Toomanycars 07 September 2010 04:30 PM

Whiteline ARB Settings.......Help Needed

Can someone please explain to me what differance the settings make on the Whiteline ARB's?

I currently have what looks like a 24mm adjustable Rear ARB on it's middle (of 3) setting.

I am about to buy a Front ARB which will be 22mm and that comes with 2 settings.

What will be the optimum settings on both for fast road use,as from what i can remember reading,the rear on it's hardest setting can make the car much twitchier in corners?

Will i be best leaving the rear on it's middle setting and having the front on it's softest or adjusting them both in some other way?

Also,is it worth the extra cost for an adjustable front one,or would i be better just buying a fixed one?

Cheers.

vamos 08 September 2010 12:07 PM

I ran front 22mm on softest, and rear 24mm on hardest and was very happy with that. I do like my cars quite loose at the back though, so maybe experiment?

adjustability is a good thing ;)

the car was certainly not twitchy though, very predictable and easy to engage oversteer and keep control of it.

Originally Posted by Toomanycars (Post 9587567)
Can someone please explain to me what differance the settings make on the Whiteline ARB's?

I currently have what looks like a 24mm adjustable Rear ARB on it's middle (of 3) setting.

I am about to buy a Front ARB which will be 22mm and that comes with 2 settings.

What will be the optimum settings on both for fast road use,as from what i can remember reading,the rear on it's hardest setting can make the car much twitchier in corners?

Will i be best leaving the rear on it's middle setting and having the front on it's softest or adjusting them both in some other way?

Also,is it worth the extra cost for an adjustable front one,or would i be better just buying a fixed one?

Cheers.

dunx 08 September 2010 01:02 PM

I run 22mm at both ends both on "stiff", lift off oversteer on roundabouts is for fun, but unless pushing really hard on track it's just "Planted".

A 24mm on the middle setting is close to a 22mm on stiff, IIRC.

HTH

dunx

P.S. As stated adjustability allows you to fine tune to suit you.

P.P.S. Mine is a New Age STI...

Toomanycars 08 September 2010 02:51 PM

Just out of interest as the rear bar was on the car when i bought it,if the ARB is a "U" shape and when stood at the back of the car the open end (the ones with the 3 holes each side) is pointing towards the front of the car,what is the stiffest setting??............the hole nearest the open end or the hole nearest the closed end?

:thumb:

vamos 08 September 2010 04:08 PM

the two holes at the end are the softest setting.

Toomanycars 08 September 2010 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by vamos (Post 9589360)
the two holes at the end are the softest setting.

Nearest the open end?

dunx 08 September 2010 08:11 PM

yes !