ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ebay samco hoses (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/849875-ebay-samco-hoses.html)

Mayrun 06 September 2010 09:09 AM

ebay samco hoses

Hey

I am looking to order some samco sport coolant hoses for my gc8 and I saw this on ebay.

I've asked the seller and he says it's not genuine but it's new from Taiwan and made at the same factory that produces samco hoses.

Does anyone have any experience with those hoses?

Thanks!

Tegiwa Imports 06 September 2010 10:10 AM

I thought Samco were made in the UK?

Mayrun 06 September 2010 10:42 AM

I have no idea.

for a $80 it seems like a bargain.

RE54 06 September 2010 11:23 AM

I keep seeing kits on eBay going cheap, and I don't think them cheap replicas will be anywhere as good as genuine samco!

Mayrun 06 September 2010 12:35 PM

Problem is genuine samco is about $300

jura11 06 September 2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mayrun (Post 9585188)

For coolant and other suff will be fine.
But for intercooler hoses and air intake hose go for Samco,Viper or SFS.

Mayrun 06 September 2010 02:53 PM

already got mrt turbo intake, and two silicone radiator hoses from autobahn86. I am looking for the other six coolant hoses.

M4RKG 06 September 2010 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mayrun (Post 9585188)

... and a rebuilt engine is 8 times that.

I'd go Samco... or just stick with OE hoses and spent the $80 on petrol :p

midnight 06 September 2010 03:36 PM

Personally for the inlet and the turbo would go with samco,for the other water hoses a good silicone hose should be tougher than your o/e ruber hoses. I have seen a few cars with these on and the owners not had any problems so far:

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Imp...it/p-23-1-390/

Mr Samco UK 06 September 2010 05:45 PM

Hi all - just to clear things up for you - I am the GM of SamcoSport (in the UK!)
Clearly the price point of the hoses you have mentioned says it all - genuine Samcos come at a price, for a reason - like any quality product - our hoses are all hand made and 100% visually inspected in the UK - we use the finest European Silicones, and we back it up with a Lifetime warranty. To be fair to you guys, we tend to find that you Subaru owners are savvy, appeciate quality, and quicly spot the immitations, wanting the best for their car - so glad so see that is still the case - if you want more feedback and advice, speak to Roger Clark Motorsport. One word of warning, cheap 'highly filled' or 'cut' silicone can actaully perform worse than OE rubber! aging a perishing with the heat - even on coolant hoses - not because of the water temp but because of the radiant heat from the engine - so be warned! Hope this is some help....

Regards

Andrew

ukimpreza 06 September 2010 08:28 PM

do a search on ebay for js performance in lincolnshire got couple of there hoses really good quality and reasonably priced

timmyajmy93wrx 06 September 2010 09:46 PM

must adnit i have been tempted by the cheapo hoses on fleabay but have to say i managed to resist & got samco turbo hoses. As mentioned not the cheapest but you get what you pay for & i know i will never have to worry about any samco pipe that i fit to my car. Its worth knowing that than saving money on ebay pipes that 'should be ok'

midnight 06 September 2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by timmyajmy93wrx (Post 9586390)
must adnit i have been tempted by the cheapo hoses on fleabay but have to say i managed to resist & got samco turbo hoses. As mentioned not the cheapest but you get what you pay for & i know i will never have to worry about any samco pipe that i fit to my car. Its worth knowing that than saving money on ebay pipes that 'should be ok'

Me too, i was tempted but i bought a samco induction hose,& throttle body to intercooler hose,and have decided to stick with my std rubber hoses ;),no signs of perishing yet,so no need to change at the momment.

STI Glenn 08 September 2010 12:16 PM

Like said these engines are to expensive to mess around buy Samco or Subaru