ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   police camera action - is it the worst program on tv? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/847251-police-camera-action-is-it-the-worst-program-on-tv.html)

Scooby Soon! 18 August 2010 09:28 PM

police camera action - is it the worst program on tv?

a huge amount of nodding heads, shocked faces and plenty of flabagasting

tv remote has fell down the back of the sofa and i can't change the channel :mad:

HELP!

g7prs 18 August 2010 09:31 PM

It certainly has one of the most annoying presenters!

Scooby Soon! 18 August 2010 09:39 PM

a huge unladen 44 tonne truck........surely if its unladen it would not weigh 44 tonnes :wonder:

sad music and a few tears now........................:brickwall

stilover 19 August 2010 10:26 AM

Didn't watch it last night as the previous programs annoyed me too much.

Leslie 19 August 2010 12:11 PM

If you use the available time to recovere the remote, you mind find a bit of cash with luck! Better than watching anyway.

Les :)

ALi-B 19 August 2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 9554997)
Didn't watch it last night as the previous programs annoyed me too much.

Same here. One show was enough.

It doesn't derserve the viewer ratings (I assume my V+ box will tell ITV I'm not watching their channel, not sure if it does, but its more than capeable of it ).

GC8WRX 19 August 2010 12:28 PM

Is that the programme presented by a ex itv news pillock who gets on his moral high horse hile conviniently forgetting he has been done for drink driving himself?

That fact alone should mean he cant present road safety programmes!

The Zohan 19 August 2010 12:28 PM

far more annoying and pointless shows on at the moment the current raft of so called talent shows hosted by talentless gobsh*tes trying to revive their careers for a start.

Try Don't stop believing for a start - makes me want to vomit, so much hype and bullsh*t in one show!

g7prs 19 August 2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9555175)
Is that the programme presented by a ex itv news pillock who gets on his moral high horse hile conviniently forgetting he has been done for drink driving himself?

Same show but a new presenter.

jonny_693 19 August 2010 01:12 PM

It is thoroughly wank I don't watch anymore it just makes me angry. Patronising sh1te.

Ginola 19 August 2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jonny_693 (Post 9555245)
It is thoroughly wank I don't watch anymore it just makes me angry. Patronising sh1te.

+1

some of the comentry just enrages me , last week , "this high powered audi makes it dificult to keep up" .... it was a fuking audi 80 1.8 :S

hype , BS , hype and more BS its nearly as anoying as worlds most amazing police video's with the ex american cop with the blow dry hair do and anoying mono-tone voice.,

cant watch any of them anymore.

Jamz3k 19 August 2010 01:25 PM

Its weird how these programmes never show the police tailgating and pushing people up the road when they are already at the speed limit for the road.

stiggy82 19 August 2010 01:30 PM

"he narrowly missed a pedestrian" even though he was on the pavement a good 10 yards away :S

Dr Hu 19 August 2010 02:07 PM

Ginola - I think you mean 'Hi I'm Sherriff John Burnellllllllll..... Flick of hair, flash of Black leather bomber jacket, beige chino's etc etc'

P1Fanatic 19 August 2010 02:22 PM

All I want is lots of clips of crashes not all the talking. The one last week where the distracted drivers have dogs on their laps and are eating burgers. Who on earth would do that knowing a camera is on them. They just want to be on TV.

Simon

P1Fanatic 19 August 2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 9555175)

Surely that means hes had first hand experience and seeing the errors of his ways wanted to do something about it?

Simon

Ginola 19 August 2010 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 9555316)
Ginola - I think you mean 'Hi I'm Sherriff John Burnellllllllll..... Flick of hair, flash of Black leather bomber jacket, beige chino's etc etc'

argggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brickwall

ye him , flash of bleeched teeth you forgot :lol:

SWRTWannabe 19 August 2010 07:32 PM

So far, we've found that the presenter is annoying, the people on camera doing stupid things are attention seekers and the show is awful.

Repeat 5 times, and you get the bit that annoyed me. I don't need a bloody recap of what I've just seen 10 minutes ago :rolleyes:

Wilky_Boy 19 August 2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu (Post 9555316)

Ha ha !!! Quality !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol1:

Wilky_Boy 19 August 2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 9554494)
a huge amount of nodding heads, shocked faces and plenty of flabagasting

tv remote has fell down the back of the sofa and i can't change the channel :mad:

HELP!

Mate I am so glad you started this thread. I was sat ranting at the TV last night - my Mrs actually made me switch it off before my blood pressure got too high. The presenter is a complete pr1ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ALi-B 19 August 2010 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wilky_Boy (Post 9555825)
Mate I am so glad you started this thread. I was sat ranting at the TV last night - my Mrs actually made me switch it off before my blood pressure got too high. The presenter is a complete pr1ck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Actually, I was there first : https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ghlight=police

Still, this show needs to be taken off air ASAP.

jonny_693 19 August 2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic (Post 9555334)
Surely that means hes had first hand experience and seeing the errors of his ways wanted to do something about it?

Simon

What, so much so that he's done it twice?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...iving-ban.html

Utter ****

tony de wonderful 20 August 2010 12:52 AM

I sometimes watch it only because I am interested in cars.

It's total police propoganda though.

ALi-B 20 August 2010 11:45 AM

It's total police propoganda though.
I don't think its even that; Its like the show's producer came straight from the Daily Mail along with a script issued to him by a Safety Camera Partnership.

The cops-with-camera shows are nothing of the same level. Quite fun actually, especially when seeing some mouthy scrote kick off and then get squashed when three coppers pile on top of him. :D (although the enjoyment is quickly turned to rage when he's released on caution or with a suspended sentance etc. :mad: )

Leslie 21 August 2010 01:02 PM

Maybe I had better not bother to watch it then!

Les

tony de wonderful 22 August 2010 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9556879)
I don't think its even that; Its like the show's producer came straight from the Daily Mail along with a script issued to him by a Safety Camera Partnership.

The cops-with-camera shows are nothing of the same level. Quite fun actually, especially when seeing some mouthy scrote kick off and then get squashed when three coppers pile on top of him. :D (although the enjoyment is quickly turned to rage when he's released on caution or with a suspended sentance etc. :mad: )

Yeah exactly, it's pushing a kind of ultra-orthodox message about speed being bad and the Cops always being right...safety is everything etc. The 'boy racers' always get caught in the end etc.

Leslie 22 August 2010 11:45 AM

Most modern TV has gone downhill these days. Not many comedies to compare with what we used to have.

Have to rely on Dave and Gold to see anything worthwhile most of the time.

Les

DYK 22 August 2010 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9560107)
Most modern TV has gone downhill these days. Not many comedies to compare with what we used to have.

Have to rely on Dave and Gold to see anything worthwhile most of the time.

Les

I don't watch much tv but when i have a sit in front of the tele i find myself just flicking through the cable channels while saying to myself Crap,crap,rubbish,then switch the tv off or watch a dvd...Dave,Extreme sports channel,and a couple the Discovery channels is about my limit.Bravo is crap now always showing Dog the Bounty hunter..I miss programmes like Father Ted ,Bottom etc even the discovery channels are not what it was..

dpb 22 August 2010 12:35 PM

Theres not the talent around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcnbfHGPxT0

:thumb:

Leslie 23 August 2010 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 9560183)
Theres not the talent around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcnbfHGPxT0

:thumb:

Yes I think thats the root of the problem as well as them not taking the trouble over making the programmes any more either.

That was a good one though!

Les :D