ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   ScabbyNet (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/847122-scabbynet.html)

tony de wonderful 18 August 2010 06:13 AM

ScabbyNet

Is how I heard this forum described on Pistonheads.:lol1:

kingofturds 18 August 2010 06:49 AM

So you frequent pissyheads then

tony de wonderful 18 August 2010 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 9553037)
So you frequent pissyheads then

Sometimes yes.

It's a bit TVR or Caterham driving old man'ish sometimes and, it's very anti-jap cars at times which I find a bit snobish and stupid. But on the whole it has some good diversity of posters.

StickyMicky 18 August 2010 07:12 AM

It has been called scabbynet ever since the forum was changed from its classic theme to the orange one as far as i remember.

Soon it will be called advertnet :lol1:

Myles 18 August 2010 07:18 AM

Or Doublepostnet

ALi-B 18 August 2010 10:07 AM

The "Chavvynet" nickname appears to have worn off though. :thumb:

scooby-tc 18 August 2010 10:12 AM

thats one of the nicer names to decribe this dying forum :lol1:

MattW 18 August 2010 10:13 AM

Pistonheads is my current home :)

GlesgaKiss 18 August 2010 11:08 AM

Pistonheads is full of c*nts. Some good advice on there from some people, but there's an awful lot of guardian reading do-gooders. That Sapph Cossie thread was a perfect example - some poor sod's lost their life and all they bang on about is how they were to blame... despite the screws glued to the road. I'm sure they're all angelic and they've never been over the national limit.

Moley 18 August 2010 11:12 AM

Same with every forum, vast mix of people, both good and bad.

I like it myself, and their 'Sunday service' meets are very good.

J4CKO 18 August 2010 12:41 PM

I spend more time over there nowadays as sometimes they actually discuss cars rather than Mobile Phones !

belliott69 18 August 2010 12:48 PM

its called scabbynet on most other car forums i frequent, i don't mind it though as you can have a bit of a pisstake without being overmoderated, yes thats right you want to go on one off the shooting forums and call someone a tit and get a lifetime ban.

Jamz3k 18 August 2010 12:51 PM

I browse it occasionally as it has a Fiat/Alfa section because I'm banned from alfaowners.com. PH seems dead on if not a bit dull compared to here!

Disrespect Scoobynet as much as you like, just don't fuk with NSR!

M444GY 18 August 2010 12:53 PM

just because im not called rupert and drive a tvr :D

Leslie 18 August 2010 03:08 PM

If they feel they have to think up insulting names it will be down to lack of self confidence coupled with jealousy!

Les

PaulC72 18 August 2010 07:40 PM

I always thought this place was called overmodnet.

GC8 18 August 2010 07:48 PM

PH is has far too many members who read threads, contributing nothing and only waiting for ran opportunity to put someone down or try to look clever.

corradoboy 18 August 2010 08:14 PM

People can insult SNet as much as they want, I still say this is the friendliest and most sensibly moderated forum of all the places I frequent. A fine balance of info and help mixed with banter and non-aggressive humour. It's a shame it's dying on its ass these days with less and less traffic as I'd love it to be as it was 5 years ago :(

chocolate_o_brian 18 August 2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 9554198)
Scoobynet (particularly NSR) has far too many members who read threads, contribute nothing and only wait for an opportunity to put someone down or try to look clever.

EFA

ALi-B 18 August 2010 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by PaulC72 (Post 9554180)
I always thought this place was called overmodnet.

At least we don't ban suspected grasses, eh? :D

Will 18 August 2010 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9554596)
At least we don't ban suspected grasses, eh? :D

that's because you mods can't ban your selfs :thumb:

ALi-B 18 August 2010 10:20 PM

Now that would be silly.

(you can PM me later with all the juicy gossip...;) )

tony de wonderful 19 August 2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9554265)
People can insult SNet as much as they want, I still say this is the friendliest and most sensibly moderated forum of all the places I frequent. A fine balance of info and help mixed with banter and non-aggressive humour. It's a shame it's dying on its ass these days with less and less traffic as I'd love it to be as it was 5 years ago :(

Why do you think it's dying? Is the scooby demographic changing? Where are the old member going and are they driving different cars now? This forum is much more lively than Skylineowners but there are not so many Skylines about.

Funkii Munkii 19 August 2010 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9554834)
Is the scooby demographic changing?

Changed as soon as classics became old enough and cheap enough for the less desirable elements of society to run them.

Now Fuji know how Mr Burberry must have felt.

corradoboy 19 August 2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9554834)
Why do you think it's dying?

Probably a host of reasons. Many people have moved on to different cars either having tired of the scene or maybe the expense of running these cars. They aren't selling in numbers anything like they used to, and as the older cars die there's less replacing them. I must agree with some of what's posted above, that the older cars are often seen looking very undesirable and not enhancing the image of Scoob ownership. Maybe the way we use the net is changing too, with more people wasting time on the likes of Facebook and Twitter.
I know the club I helped found and run for many years changed as new members came in with different ideas about what they wanted to do as a club. We started out with country pub meets and runs in the Dales, and our almost famous Blyton trackdays. Now it's more park up and show events which bore me senseless.

I still say SNet is the best forum I've ever been on, which is why I hang around hoping it gets better, a bit like watching Top Gear. Most other places I visit have a lot of argumentative people whom simply like to berate and belittle people, and over-zealous moderation. I was actually banned from one recently for simply saying that Top Gear fans would stare at a toilet door for an hour if they thought Jeremy Clarkson was the person inside making the noises and smells. They said I was denying people their right to an opinion, which would be correct if I had the power to veto their comments with mod privileges, but what they then did was deny me my right to opinion by banning me. Oh the irony :rolleyes:

oldsplice 19 August 2010 09:06 AM

I dreamt about Jezza last night! :o :D

Lisawrx 19 August 2010 09:09 AM

CB, to think people think it is over moderated here. :eek:

At least I just disagree with you about Top Gear, I don't feel the need to ban you. ;)

DCI Gene Hunt 19 August 2010 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 9554906)
I dreamt about Jezza DCI last night! :o :D

:)

oldsplice 19 August 2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9554914)
:)

He wasn't a patch on you! ;)