ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   totb results? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845624-totb-results.html)

wrx9181 08 August 2010 04:47 PM

totb results?

what happened?

Eternal Rage 08 August 2010 05:10 PM

Looking at the TOTB live update page, the scoobys did VERY poorly :/
Only one mention in any category and that was in the 1/4 mile Drag - 9.91sec @132 by mikee singh. And that was only good enough to qualify 6th :/
Hate to say it, but the EVO tuners have some severely quick machinery atm!

Ciaran 08 August 2010 05:14 PM

Yep EVO win :(

leecalcars 08 August 2010 05:18 PM

tell me about it could count on one hand the scooby's i saw , over run with evo's,skylines and that wicked toyoto driven like a true pro....

Trout 08 August 2010 05:47 PM

I think the Toyota was driven by a true pro!!

There were plenty of Suburus there from my perspective. The main problem this year was missing two or three big performances from the Scoobs.

Also the MLR team was strong this year.

Subaru ended up sixth - at least we beat the Vauxhall team :eek:

P555SBR 08 August 2010 05:51 PM

scoobys where plaged with brakedowns

Eternal Rage 08 August 2010 05:54 PM

So, just thinking of who i have seen there previously... the main regularish scooby teams i can recall:

Roger Clarke
Team ICE
Zen
Lateral
Andy Forrest
Scoobyclinic

Most of these were not in attendance i assume?

Alteredbeast 08 August 2010 06:48 PM

They have improved their website, now they need to improve the show it self, £20 is far to expensive just to watch 2 events & a helicoptor fly around ...disapointed Subaru were poor, but even worse was the day out it self...

Rob Day 08 August 2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Eternal Rage (Post 9537134)
So, just thinking of who i have seen there previously... the main regularish scooby teams i can recall:

Roger Clarke
Team ICE
Zen
Lateral
Andy Forrest
Scoobyclinic

Most of these were not in attendance i assume?

Roger Clarke Absent
Team ICE Absent
Zen Did not see them there
Lateral Present (Classics ran, but the Hawk eye didnt)
Andy Forrest Did not see them there
Scoobyclinic Present

PS the RX7 drifting was great show boating.... :thumb:

The Blobeye with the large front mount was awesome to watch along with a few others, BUT yes the EVO boys got the lime light today with incredible runs and driving :Whatever_.

stevebt 08 August 2010 07:48 PM

The EVO team was the strongest team they have ever fielded and was an obvious result.

Wagon Gaz 08 August 2010 08:54 PM

Andy forrest was there with a Hawkeye RA cause I saw him do the handling, unfortunately the most successful Scooby (Mikee Sing Scooby Clinic) blew up spectacularly on his last run :( most of the competative scooby teams had problems.

However the Scoobys were very outnumbered by Evos, both on the track and on the club stands, didnt walk through the car park so not sure about elswhere.

acko 08 August 2010 09:49 PM

one thing that let the day down for me was no trade stand for subaru clothing,, jackets, fleeces, t-shirts.......... or for that matter no subaru trade stands for anything that i can recall.
£20 per car ,,not to bad really but spent over £60 on food and drinks . thought dick turpin did daylight robbery

wrighty338 08 August 2010 10:39 PM

theres no trade stand for subaru clothing because it should be banned, nobody wants it, its for the die hard fanboys who do tunnel runs in their wrc replicas

jayallen 08 August 2010 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by wrighty338 (Post 9537705)
its for the die hard fanboys who do tunnel runs in their wrc replicas

+1

g7prs 08 August 2010 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by wrighty338 (Post 9537705)
theres no trade stand for subaru clothing because it should be banned, nobody wants it, its for the die hard fanboys who do tunnel runs in their wrc replicas

And put a Scooby doo in the back window!

TonyBurns 08 August 2010 11:28 PM

No link to the results?

Tony:)

Eternal Rage 08 August 2010 11:31 PM

Results: http://www.totb.co.uk/events/index.php/topspeed-top-20
Club Points: http://www.totb.co.uk/events/index.php/club-points
Driver Points: http://www.totb.co.uk/events/index.php/driver-points
:)

TonyBurns 08 August 2010 11:58 PM

Cheers :D:thumb:

BIG FUD 09 August 2010 01:29 AM

deffo

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 9537760)
+1

+1 :lol1:

StudentScooby 09 August 2010 01:37 AM

Haha typical when i owned an evo the scoobs kicked ass, now im back in a scoob its the other was around!

bigarf 09 August 2010 07:10 AM

the only thing that really kicked ass all day was the bloody wasps.arrrrrggggggghhhhh,all day they were flying all over everywere you went.pissing things did my nut in.

Tenby 09 August 2010 11:57 AM

there r more scoobs around than evos and more tuners. evos clearly look like they kick ass.

Rob Day 09 August 2010 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by acko (Post 9537595)
one thing that let the day down for me was no trade stand for subaru clothing,, jackets, fleeces, t-shirts.......... or for that matter no subaru trade stands for anything that i can recall.
£20 per car ,,not to bad really but spent over £60 on food and drinks . thought dick turpin did daylight robbery

£20 per car I wish :Suspiciou (maybe if your on your own). £20 per person more like. Cost my car £140 lol

~I dont mind paying the entrance money, but i get the feeling we are seeing a decreasing number of entrants each year, I just hope the DVD this year doent become another Dick turpin :brickwall. I never got my pucka TOTB 2009 DVD :nono: nor a refund that I requested 3 times.

As for food, its the same story at any motorsport event im afraid. £6.40 for a burger and coffee, so if you spent £60 you must have eaten all the pies :D.

The yellow Irish Evo was superb until its transmission went bang :eek:.

dunx 09 August 2010 02:49 PM

I wore my WRC title winning "bug-eye in the snow" T with pride... ;)

dunx

johnfelstead 09 August 2010 03:02 PM

You cant really call TOTB, TOTB anymore, as the teams arn't all made up of a single marque anymore.

For example team Tweenie has the Toyota's of Adrian Smith and Jonnie Milner, plus skylines and a turbo dax rush. Octane junkies have multi marque cars running......

The Subaru team did miss some of it's traditional big hitters, AndyF has sold his 1/4 and Top Speed car that would have hauled points in those events, RCM didnt run anything, Zen no longer have their quick car, so that's 3 major losses that not only would score good points, but would take them off the oposition.

So it was always going to be a difficult task this year, but the guys that did run gave it their best shot, so congratulations to them for taking part and putting their own money and time into it. The team had it's fair share of mechanical failures which stopped some points scoring, John Stevenson would have done very well on the handling but broke a gearbox, the banana broke it's box before having the chance to score in anything, that may well have won on handling and scored well in the other two disiplines.

It's clear to see the EVO's have moved up a gear in terms of handling in particular, mainly down to the MLR running a very competitive sprint series. I had a guest entry to the round at teeside this weekend and they thrashed me with a 22nd finish position, where as in scoobysprint i was able to finish top 6 in a stock spec JDM STi, so they do have a depth of cars to choose from now.

Anyway, well done to all that took part, the team spirit was a great as ever, but this year it didnt go as well as hoped. There is always next year, although TOTB it really isnt anymore.

Fai17 10 August 2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by UK300 PRODRIVE (Post 9537284)
The Blobeye with the large front mount was awesome to watch along with a few others,...

Do you mean this one?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...reer2TOTBX.jpg

Rob Day 10 August 2010 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fai17 (Post 9539899)
Do you mean this one?

Indeed.

SMA01 - black scoob 10 August 2010 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigarf (Post 9537917)
the only thing that really kicked ass all day was the bloody wasps.arrrrrggggggghhhhh,all day they were flying all over everywere you went.pissing things did my nut in.

did you not give the car a run out mate?hows it going now??

dunx 10 August 2010 11:14 PM

New clutch plates fitted during the week, a bit to soon to be killing it !

Sorry Arf ! :)

dunx

Mad Hammer 11 August 2010 02:16 PM

I was so close to points with 11th on drag and on top speed. My 10.16 was 0.02 off 9th place. Top speed I had 172.1 so not far away.

I will be faster next year !