ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   "Top Gear" USA trailer... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/845580-top-gear-usa-trailer.html)

Westwood2006 08 August 2010 11:38 AM

"Top Gear" USA trailer...

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...railer-us.html

Could be good... but I have been wrong before!!

Wish 08 August 2010 12:12 PM

That is wrong on so many levels ..... It looks that bad I would rather watch 5th gear !!

Hill Billy TV

vindaloo 08 August 2010 01:06 PM

Appears to be aimed at the same target audience as the UK version... small boys, jackass fans etc...

The Dogs B******s 08 August 2010 01:14 PM

Looks ok

Terminator X 08 August 2010 03:15 PM

You can't have TG without Clarkson etc just like you can't have The Office without Gervais etc :cuckoo: it should bomb!

TX.

tony de wonderful 08 August 2010 03:25 PM

Can't be worse than the Aussie version.

Like 5th gear with unfunny ego-focused tossers trying to be irreverant and 'look how clever am i'.

Jamz3k 08 August 2010 06:44 PM

Oddly enough all three of them seem to be trying to do a really bad Clarkson impression. It looks like I'm wrong, TopGear (UK) could be ****ter!

Westwood2006 08 August 2010 06:46 PM

Here is one of the comments I read else where:

"It's a great show, but I'd prefer them to just broadcast it over here rather than giving 3 gay guys their own car show."

chris singleton 09 August 2010 12:26 PM

I'll give it a bash, anyone know if it's going to be shown in the UK?

SteveShort 09 August 2010 12:34 PM

Bunch of rednecks in checked shirts...fail :razz:

pinkypurkhardt 09 August 2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 9537215)
It looks like I'm wrong, TopGear (UK) could be ****ter!

how dare you!!!:hjtwofing:lol1:

ALi-B 09 August 2010 12:58 PM

Jackass in cars. Could be fun, but I think the presenters are wrong.

Too much male bonding and similarity with the presenters (are two of them band members of the Scissor sisters? :wonder: ); They need to be more diverse, for example, they need a nerd who still lives with his mom (May), An over-enthustiastic ex-radio presenter with an ego that makes up for other unfortunately shortcommings (Hammond), and an old duffer car nut who's been doing it for years, and thinks only his opinion matters (Clarkson)

With that translated into American would give these following ideal presenters (chosen from known TV celebs):

Jay Leno - Clarkson
Wee Man from Jackass - Hammond
Jameie Hyneman (Mythbusters) - May

(did they wear that shirt for a bet? :wonder: )

stilover 09 August 2010 12:59 PM

Looks sh!t

Jaybird-UK 09 August 2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9536930)
You can't have TG without Clarkson etc just like you can't have The Office without Gervais etc :cuckoo: it should bomb!

Do you know how successful the Office USA has been? it hasnt bombed I can tell you. So far there have been 6 series and a 7th commissioned.

Leslie 09 August 2010 01:05 PM

I'm afraid it is not in the same class as TG., which says very little indeed for it!

Les

Westwood2006 09 August 2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9538256)
Jackass in cars. Could be fun, but I think the presenters are wrong.

With that translated into American would give these following ideal presenters (chosen from known TV celebs):

Jay Leno - Clarkson
Wee Man from Jackass - Hammond
Jameie Hyneman (Mythbusters) - May

Or how about just having some ample chested American totty presenting. Think Viki B Henerson with a great rack x 3 :thumb:

ALi-B 09 August 2010 01:22 PM

Alright: Token TG totty: Courtney Hansen (Overhaulin' )

Better looking than VBH: better bod, better rack, better arse, better tech knowledge of cars...even a better smoker's voice (hate smokers, but I've got a thing for a gruff Whisky+fags female voice).

Westwood2006 09 August 2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 9538294)
even a better smoker's voice (hate smokers, but I've got a thing for a gruff Whisky+fags female voice).

Like Marge Simpson's sister! Lol.

Sub97 09 August 2010 01:59 PM

Think it looks alright.

StickyMicky 09 August 2010 02:12 PM

Have you lot ever watched an episode of the OZ version?

Now that is horrible, the yank version looks a little better.

Luminous 09 August 2010 07:33 PM

That looks like it could be really good.

1) The stunts they were doing in the clip were not nearly as contrived as the ones on Top Gear.
2) The elf and safety boffins were on holiday, never in the history of Top Gear have they ever let rip like that in a car. Those landings must have actually hurt
3) There just has to be more V8s in the American version....and there is never anything wrong to listening to a V8

erm, well that just about sums it up so far. The presenters may grow on me, but they could have been a bit better. To be fair though, the first time you see the Top Gear crew you would think that it would not work. Takes time to get to know the presenteres, and time for them to warm to the show too.

ALi-B 09 August 2010 07:45 PM

Those landings must have actually hurt
After trying similar in my Land Rover, I can stand testomony to that (killed the shock absorbers too, lucky they are only £25 a pair :D ).

Remember that fat guy on the first of new generation TG (Jason Dawe)? Everytime he popped up, the crowd just fell into a dead silence from the boredom, he just didn't gel like the others did :sleep:. He lasted long didn't he? One series IIRC before May took his place (and all for the better):D