ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   My Sti top Mount Intercooler & Parcel Force :-( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845344-my-sti-top-mount-intercooler-and-parcel-force.html)

Purdey 06 August 2010 01:58 PM

My Sti top Mount Intercooler & Parcel Force :-(

Well had sold my sti top mount for £200 to a fellow scoobynet member was well wrapped in large sheets of bubblewrap & i used a rather large amount of parcel tape.

Buyer took delivery & guess what Parcelforce have damaged the core.
%$£%^&* dirty *!"$£"%

Intercooler been tested with an airline & its leaking at the dent :cry:

I have filled in a claim form but dont hold out much hope :cry:

So im now the proud owner of a knackered sti top mount & full refund going back to the buyer.

not damaged intercooler
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...0/SNV31125.jpg
damaged intercooler
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...y2010/Int2.jpg
think if i see a parcelforce van today it may just get whats for :mad: :fight:
Rant over

mr_D 06 August 2010 02:55 PM

u can get that repaired if you really really wanted to

but tell me about it. i sent some stuff the other week. a fibreglass bonnet and some headlights. they were wrapped really good and sent through my dads company. so he wrapped them himself knowing the best way to do things.

they arrive with a crack in the bonnet. a chip on the corner and one smashed headlight. absolutely gutted. although i didnt go through a full refund as the bonnet was repairable but i refunded for one light and a little credit for the bonnet

BLU 06 August 2010 02:57 PM

As an employee of Parcelforces owner Royal Mail and myself a delivery driver I think thats an over reaction :nono: Yeah I'd be upset too, but bubble wrap and tape is not the way to properly package an item thats fairly heavy like that, so its not just PFs fault is it?

An intercooler should have had a layer of card over each side of the core, then wrapped in bubble wrap and then placed in a suitable box, and marked 'fragile, do not stack' the item would have been less likely to be damaged imho.

I would imagine Parcelforce will refund you the cost, they usually do.

You'd be amazed how many fragile items I see only covered with a layer of brown paper :Whatever_.......

Purdey 06 August 2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9534210)
As an employee of Parcelforces owner Royal Mail and myself a delivery driver I think thats an over reaction :nono: Yeah I'd be upset too, but bubble wrap and tape is not the way to properly package an item thats fairly heavy like that, so its not just PFs fault is it?

An intercooler should have had a layer of card over each side of the core, then wrapped in bubble wrap and then placed in a suitable box, and marked 'fragile, do not stack' the item would have been less likely to be damaged imho.

You'd be amazed how many fragile items I see only covered with a layer of brown paper :Whatever_.......

Cheers for your comments i was having a rant.
Honestly i used an obscene amount of bubble wrap & the parcel tape basically covered the full item.
imo well protected but hey **** happens & life goes on

Saint AAI 07 August 2010 06:26 AM

On a similar note, I ordered something from Play.com and it got sent by the Home Delivery Network. When it arrived, they didn't knock. Instead they went straight into the back garden, at this point the gate was heard and the dog went nuts as he does when he hears a knock at the door or any outside noise. My girlfriend went downstairs to find a guy getting back into his van and driving off. The delivery note was left hanging out the front of the letter box and he had put the parcel in the bin!! And he left the back gate open so the dog almost got out.

The Rig 07 August 2010 09:27 AM

LOL ha ha at the fragile on the box making it less vulnerable,yawn !

Have any of you actually seen how parcels are treated at the sorting offices/loading onto vans ? you dont want to,even "fragile" parcels

The only way you can guarantee a safe delivery of fragile items is to have a direct pickup/drop off of item,not feasable for most of us tho.

mr_D 07 August 2010 09:35 AM

yeah i used to work for TNT for about 2 years.

jonny_693 09 August 2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by blu-scoob (Post 9534210)

+1, exactly what I did when I posted my I/C off. :thumb:

BLU 09 August 2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 9535202)
LOL ha ha at the fragile on the box making it less vulnerable,yawn !

Well in my office, Fragile parcels are treated as such, my manager takes a dim view of anyone being careless. However I'm sure that doesn't apply to a lot of offices/drivers, which tars us with the same brush :mad:.

What having fragile on the package does do for you is, to reinforce your claim should any damage be made thus making PF, or RM resposible for the damage not the sender!

coupebrett 09 August 2010 03:49 PM

personally if i paid good money for a service i would expect it to be delivered without any damage!
i would be well pi##ed!
wot other service would you pay for and accept poor standards?