ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Spec C brake test on A4069. (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/845179-spec-c-brake-test-on-a4069.html)

DYL 4N 05 August 2010 10:16 AM

Spec C brake test on A4069.

As some of you know Tyron recieved a set of blue stuff pads off EBC to test the compound. So to give the pads a good and fair test we headed for the A4069.

From cold the pads offered great initial bite with great feel and the results just got better as the temperature increased.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SpecC002-1.jpg

Finally got some brake fade on them but this was a result of heavy braking into and very fast complex of bends on the top of the A4069. It wasn't the usuall brake fade either it was more of a progressive and prodictable fade as the disk and pads went above there operating window. After a slow and steady decline to the hairpin the Ap calipers, disks and EBC pads returned to there normal operating temperatures and it was service as normal.

On the return pass over the A4069 the brake were far more predictable with regards to fade and this would only occur after the fast sweeping section before heading into the last twisty technical section.

Would I use these pads on my Ra?

Yes I would, for all round use they are a great choise.
Becoming a great pad for track time or maybe a spirited drive over your local A road or mountain pass.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SpecC006-1.jpg
Dylan.

nks 05 August 2010 10:32 AM

That is awesome, a superb test of the EBC Blues! You guys seem to have had a lot of fun driving :-)!

Cannon Fodder 05 August 2010 10:41 AM

Dylan, you have a glow in the dark exhaust and now you have made my brake discs glow in the dark as well. :notworthy

mervil 05 August 2010 10:44 AM

Awesome pics and great test result :thumb: I wanna have a go at getting my PF discs that hot!!

DYL 4N 05 August 2010 10:59 AM

A pic of the brakes in daylight. Incase anyone is wondering. They are ap 6 pots.
[/B]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...C/SpecC002.jpg

Godspeed Brakes 05 August 2010 11:03 AM

And what make discs are they ? ;)

Cannon Fodder 05 August 2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 9532135)
And what make discs are they ? ;)

Godspeed discs, when I need a new set you are the only person to speak to (and no 'free' tax discs either ;)). :notworthy

ozzreid1964 05 August 2010 11:16 AM

nice pics m8:thumb:looks like you had fun:lol1:

Godspeed Brakes 05 August 2010 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9532139)
Godspeed discs, when I need a new set you are the only person to speak to (and no 'free' tax discs either ;)). :notworthy

lol , for anyone thinking Godspeed discs arn't up to the job , look at the picture :thumb:

DYL 4N 05 August 2010 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 9532154)
lol , for anyone thinking Godspeed discs arn't up to the job , look at the picture :thumb:

Does that mean I get a better deal on my four pot big brake kit off you now Ian.

I am available to do tests for you too wink wink. Lol.

Rally fan 555 05 August 2010 11:55 AM

Great stuff there Guy's - a grand evening out !!! ;)

STI Glenn 05 August 2010 12:55 PM

Seems good ,was not impressed with EBC years ago seems they have improved

Myles 05 August 2010 01:05 PM

This is a plus point for SN, where EBC was absolutely slated (quite rightly, but on historical performance), the owner came on to discuss the products and the evolution of them, everyone had a sensible conversation about the pros and cons (mostly cons at the time), the owner sends out some pads (and discs in some cases), they are tested and the verdict seems to be good.

All very adult!

PS I like the glowing discs pic.

Cannon Fodder 05 August 2010 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by S204 Glenn (Post 9532274)
Seems good ,was not impressed with EBC years ago seems they have improved

I think they had to Glenn, as their reputation was not great to say the least. I have never used EBC pads before but now they certainly seem to be right at the top of the pile. :thumb:

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 9532289)
This is a plus point for SN, where EBC was absolutely slated (quite rightly, but on historical performance), the owner came on to discuss the products and the evolution of them, everyone had a sensible conversation about the pros and cons (mostly cons at the time), the owner sends out some pads (and discs in some cases), they are tested and the verdict seems to be good.

All very adult!

PS I like the glowing discs pic.

I think that EBC have worked hard in order to bring out a better product and by offering trial sets to those interested they have given owners a chance to see what they are like for themselves. I think this will be a great success for EBC as word of mouth is the best advertising. :)

R1CH D 05 August 2010 07:49 PM

So whats it like having a mad man driving your car up there in the dark:cuckoo:

DannyBoy007 05 August 2010 07:54 PM

I'm loving my set of Blues so far, just fitted a new set of godspeed discs this week for my 6 pots

Cannon Fodder 05 August 2010 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by welshy12 (Post 9532880)
So whats it like having a mad man driving your car up there in the dark:cuckoo:

I think there is a fine line between madness and genius, I think that Dylan's driving skills are on the side of genius. I've seen his driving skills after following him and he left me for dead. :notworthy

"Taylor" 06 August 2010 06:15 AM

Can't fault the set-up on the Spec C now Ty, and a great bit of testing by Dylan. :cool:

R1CH D 06 August 2010 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 9533298)
I think there is a fine line between madness and genius, I think that Dylan's driving skills are on the side of genius. I've seen his driving skills after following him and he left me for dead. :notworthy

He certainly is a talented man:cool:

Cannon Fodder 07 August 2010 05:35 PM

Fame at last for Dylan and my car. ;)

http://www.ebcbrakesblog.com/2010/08...preza/#respond

Rally fan 555 07 August 2010 08:23 PM

Oh Fook:fight::fight::fight::poke::poke::poke: :D

Cannon Fodder 07 August 2010 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by scooby401 (Post 9536049)
In my defence and i have a witness you pulled away from me after i'd told you to slow down as i needed to get fuel, when i realised you'd bring it up at a later date (like you have) if you had pulled away i put my foot down and got back behind you abit quick, oh yes, then passed you just to confirm my superiority:hjtwofing and as for my wrx against your spec-c i would'nt dream of it;)

Funny that as the stretch of road I'm referring to was before we stopped and you said you needed fuel. :wonder:

As for passing me that was at the base of the Black Mountains when if memory serves me correctly (as it always does :D) wasn't that where you just about scraped/forced past three cars just so you would not get trapped behind them? :eek:

I wouldn't dream of embarrassing your WRX with a superior car. :D

Rally fan 555 07 August 2010 08:42 PM

:lol:

andythejock01wrx 07 August 2010 09:36 PM

401, of course I understand you not wanting to try them again if you've had that experience, but they've made a lot of changes in their products in the last year or two and are now getting great reviews.

DYL 4N 07 August 2010 09:42 PM

Who drives into a petrol station at such a speed that a little engine braking wouldn't stop them???

"Taylor" 07 August 2010 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by DYL 4N (Post 9536189)
Who drives into a petrol station at such a speed that a little engine braking wouldn't stop them???

Jarvis! :D

DYL 4N 07 August 2010 10:30 PM

Crazy man ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Andy Freeman 09 August 2010 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by scooby401 (Post 9535852)
Nice glow but i'd never consider using ebc brake products again following an incident a few years back whilst using ebc greenstuff pads when i pulled into a fuel station and had complete brake failure and only avoided a collision with fuel pumps and other cars because the fuel station was quiet and i was able to pass through back onto the carigeway, turned out the friction material had come away from one of the backing plates:eek:, propper heart stopper moment.

This is exactly what I politely asked people NOT TO PUT on this thread, moaning about years gone by and products we dont even make any more.

This thread is to evaluate products that people CAN BIUY NOW not talk about a persons divorced wife.

This post has no relevance at all to what we are talking about here and its a shame you wrote it my man :nono:

Lisa 515 09 August 2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Andy Freeman (Post 9538431)
This is exactly what I politely asked people NOT TO PUT on this thread, moaning about years gone by and products we dont even make any more.

This thread is to evaluate products that people CAN BIUY NOW not talk about a persons divorced wife.

This post has no relevance at all to what we are talking about here and its a shame you wrote it my man :nono:

There's always one:idea:

Godspeed Brakes 09 August 2010 05:37 PM

that dog is dead , they have a new one now :D