ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   forged 2.5 engine with a md321t (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845172-forged-2-5-engine-with-a-md321t.html)

playtime 05 August 2010 08:01 AM

forged 2.5 engine with a md321t

right here is the deal guys i have the block and turbo but what car should i bolt this lot into ie:newage or classic :wonder: i,ve had both but can,t decide the parts were for my bugeye sti but i had to sell the car due to my finances at the time and now i,am looking at my options the car will be for the occasional track day but more used on the road :thumb:

bigsinky 05 August 2010 08:35 AM

classic is up to 200KG lighter than the newage. if you decide to strip it out it will be even lighter. power to weight will be vastly superior than the newage.

scooby L 05 August 2010 09:06 AM

Newage, (anything with 400+BHP is going to be rapid) and at least you will have some creature comforts.

I'd have said classic if you wanted a dedicated track car (or at least 50/50) but do you really want a classic with 400+BHP mainly for the road? Very capable I agree, and great fun for a month or two..then tediously potent, loud and old. :D

imho of course lol

B0DSKI 05 August 2010 10:04 AM

If it's going into a classic don't forget to budget for a new Gearbox!!

Mus 05 August 2010 10:18 AM

power to weight ratio is going to make a massice diffrence if its for track use then you seem to have another car anyway so i doubt you will need your creature comforts

Aztec Performance Ltd 05 August 2010 12:25 PM

If you start with a classic you'll be needing to upgrade the brakes and gearbox anyhow.

Start with an Bugeye or newer STi and you'll not have to worry about that.

Aztec Performance Ltd 05 August 2010 12:25 PM

If you start with a classic you'll be needing to upgrade the brakes and gearbox anyhow.

Start with an Bugeye or newer STi and you'll not have to worry about that.

Mus 05 August 2010 01:18 PM

its all about power to weight ratio, in a classic add a six speed box and better breaks and you will leave them lardy newage sti well behind.

Terminator X 05 August 2010 02:00 PM

Classic :) you'll have 250kg less weight to lug around ;)

TX.

Originally Posted by playtime (Post 9531928)
right here is the deal guys i have the block and turbo but what car should i bolt this lot into ie:newage or classic :wonder:

Terminator X 05 August 2010 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by scooby L (Post 9531990)
I'd have said classic if you wanted a dedicated track car (or at least 50/50) but do you really want a classic with 400+BHP mainly for the road? Very capable I agree, and great fun for a month or two..then tediously potent, loud and old. :D

Not old if you've uprated all the parts :lol1:

TX.

scooby L 05 August 2010 02:26 PM

Just tediously potent and loud then :D
(I must be getting old..move over Pete!)

playtime 05 August 2010 08:05 PM

i,am defo thinking newage again i,ll have a look around for a good bugeye sti again they seem to be going cheap at the moment thanks for the input guy,s

jef 05 August 2010 08:12 PM

classic for me.

playtime 06 August 2010 08:33 PM

right guys ive found 2 cars that i like one being the v7 sti and the othr is a v6 type r any influence on either from you guys

trevsjwood 06 August 2010 09:16 PM

The V6 heads would be good on your 2.5/MD321T
Trev

daz1968 07 August 2010 12:03 AM

v7 sti already has strong enough box, better brakes and good heads, would be cheaper than fitting six speed etc to a classic, but then it depends on what you like as no matter what anyone else says you need to be happy with it yourself, I personally would just go jdm twinscroll and have one of the new hybrids fitted, 400+bhp and no messing about swapping engines around, but then we all have our own opinions

Darren

Mus 07 August 2010 12:20 AM

if you had both cars on a track or the strip which one would be more fun, challenging and entertaining to drive for me the type r all day. on the strip again both cars running the same power the type r will be quicker. even on the road the type r will be a lot quicker, v6 sti type r are just awsome.

Marx Mcrae 07 August 2010 06:43 PM

Type R's are awsome with a 2.5 and a big turbo!

Mus 07 August 2010 08:10 PM

I know I had 2.5 with a 20g on type r and that is by far the best spec for the road IMHO

gmanwrx 07 August 2010 09:03 PM

Having owned both cars 1st a 370bhp bugeye which I loved to bits but lost my job so had to sell:( But started a new job and went out and bought a v6 v-ltd type r which is pretty standard running 315bhp. It is just as quick if not quicker round the twisties no lag at all:) having owned it for about a year now, think I prefer the drive of my type r, infact I LOVE it to bits :luvlove:

Go for the type r mate you will NOT be disapointed :thumb: