ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Never a good time for this... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845094-never-a-good-time-for-this.html)

siannie 04 August 2010 06:47 PM

Never a good time for this...

I lost my job today :cry:
Only had scoob 4 months and I really hope I don't have to sell it. Plus got engaged not long ago!!

Any jobs in Exeter let me know :thumb:

GH80 04 August 2010 07:30 PM

I sold my pride and joy and put the $ towards an engagement ring and deposit for a house, then was made redundant shortly after. I know it sucks big time, and am genuinely sorry to hear about that, but things will brighten up. Keep your chin up ;)

Dave Y 04 August 2010 07:33 PM

i lose my job in the next three or four weeks,not much about at the moment.

siannie 04 August 2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 9531148)
i lose my job in the next three or four weeks,not much about at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, must be even worse knowing that. Good luck mate.

Dave Y 05 August 2010 06:11 PM

I am an old hairy arsed trucker,i will find something somewhere.

juggers 05 August 2010 06:17 PM

Seems like we are heading back into a recession. :( Am really sorry guys and i hope you land on your feet soon.

Immy

stevie1982 05 August 2010 09:43 PM

Immy were / are we actually out of one!!! Sorry to hear your news and I hope you find something so you can keep it

siannie 05 August 2010 10:08 PM

well good news I do have an interview tomorrow at least. I'm glad I work in an industry where they always need people like me!

Sorry to make it worse for others, I was told that the jobs market is worse than a year ago...

rookymatt 05 August 2010 10:11 PM

Traffic warden??
Sorry for the job loss by the way.

kj200sx 05 August 2010 10:20 PM

all i can say is good luck people seems to be getting worse to me not better but what do us working class people know :(((

Terminator X 05 August 2010 10:26 PM

My wife has been made redundant a couple of times & always walked in to a better job ... silver lining & all that.

TX.

juggers 05 August 2010 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by stevie1982 (Post 9533122)
Immy were / are we actually out of one!!! Sorry to hear your news and I hope you find something so you can keep it

True i guess things are just getting worse :brickwall :(

Immy

Dave Y 11 August 2010 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 9532730)
I am an old hairy arsed trucker,i will find something somewhere.

Found a job,finish next friday start the new job on the monday.Its more nights away but its a job. :)

mje_wrx 11 August 2010 04:43 PM

had 2 leave my job about 12 weeks ago, and nothing, qualified panel beater painter, time serves mechanic. just nothing about where i live. and new born baby and blown up scoob, :D gotta smile

Useless 11 August 2010 04:44 PM

All the best guys, I hope something turns up soon!

Dave Y 14 October 2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Y (Post 9542265)
Found a job,finish next friday start the new job on the monday.Its more nights away but its a job. :)

well that didnt last long,i had two weeks holiday which was already booked came back rang my boss,he said works gone quiet have another week off.So it looks like i am searching again....:(:(

B4D HK 14 October 2010 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear this folks :(
fingers crossed for you all

Stevesbluewrx 14 October 2010 07:01 PM

Sorry to hear mate. Could be out of work myself soon if things keep going the way they are.

Best of luck.

Steve

wrx sti ppp 14 October 2010 07:05 PM

Feel for you guys...this country's in a right mess and it's the real people that end up getting shafted...hope something comes your way for each and every one of you.

leecalcars 14 October 2010 07:30 PM

Been a contracting electrical /instrument engineer for 22 years i too came out of work due to the recession in january 2010 didnt get a job untill april 2010 ,thought my whole world had fell apart and no-one wanted my services ,not that at all just the fact that every body made cut backs so mass redundances everywhere.
I april i appled for a job with a reputable company local to me, had an interview and got the job, i seriously put myself forward in the interview and it payed dividens .
Iv'e been non stop for 4 mths now 14hrs a day 6 days a week (cant complain), but what i'm trying to say is hang in there there is light at the end of the dark tunnel ,i lost all self confidence but have now got things back on track ,they say good things come to those that wait good luck mate in your job search if you are a good electrician/labourer send me your number we are always looking for labour depending on where the next job is.
Chin up mate good luck

Dave Y 14 October 2010 07:50 PM

Hgv driver for the last 29 years,i have been ringing round local firms but had no luck.I will know for definite in the morning if i am out of work.

wrx287 14 October 2010 07:53 PM

Join the club mate. Think mine is going to have to go now:cry:

Dave Y 14 October 2010 08:25 PM

i have a couple of options but it means being away from home a couple of weeks at a time,which i dont really fancy.Or i start ringing the agencies and start working weekends.

alp27 14 October 2010 08:45 PM

Sorry to hear that fellas, Good luck with the job hunt

The Zohan 14 October 2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by siannie (Post 9531065)
I lost my job today :cry:
Only had scoob 4 months and I really hope I don't have to sell it. Plus got engaged not long ago!!

Any jobs in Exeter let me know :thumb:

www.reed.co.uk is a good place to start looking:) you can set the parameters to search for what you want and it includes jobs from a shed load of agencies

good luck

neil1980 14 October 2010 09:10 PM

The back lash of the recession is gonna last well in to 2011 by all accounts ! same here bought another scoob then lost mi job oh well still got the scoob n its staying.