ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   caught doing 62 in a 50 (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845041-caught-doing-62-in-a-50-a.html)

dave12345 04 August 2010 02:16 PM

caught doing 62 in a 50

Does anyone know if i will be given the option to do the course instead of receiving 3 points. Its my first offence.

newman90 04 August 2010 02:24 PM

i doubt it mate. that speed i would imagine your looking at 4 points and fine

TonyBurns 04 August 2010 02:58 PM

3 points and 60 quid im afraid :(

Tony:)

my06 ppp silver 04 August 2010 03:13 PM

to be clear. every case is taken on its individual merits. i have a mate whos wife had just returned from a hospital admission of her son (admittedly, with her head up her arse), and went through a fixed 30mph camera at 46. on recieving the NIP she obtained proof of the hospital admission and sent this along with a small covering letter pointing out she was at fault, was not trying to "escape" prosecution, and was "on advice" making the relevant parties aware of the situation at the time of the offence. she recieved correspondence back saying that in light of the evidence produced that they were "on this occasion" opting to offer the speed awareness course.

not condoning anyone should for example fabricate any such excuse if possible, however, if there was mitigating circumstances then it could be worth letting them know, otherwise its .........naughty boy, bend over please. lol.

Mr. WRX 04 August 2010 03:20 PM

I got a letter through today 49 in a 40 Wan*ers :razz::razz:

chrisdicko 04 August 2010 03:41 PM

It totally depends on the force who are prosecuting.

North Yorkshire don't (or very rarely) offer the driver awareness course, but Cleveland force do, and are quite pro-active towards it. So depending on where you were caught, you could get offered a course! Hope you do, as it saves on the 3 points.

dave12345 05 August 2010 12:30 PM

Thanks for the replys, unfortunatly I don't have a good excuse to swerve the points. Was in a world of my own, knew aswel it was a camera hotspot. Stupid stupid stupid!:mad:

stevenuk300 still 05 August 2010 12:38 PM

If you want some advice to help you, PM me and I'll tell you what I did :thumb:

stevenuk300 still 05 August 2010 01:31 PM

Otherwise this site may be of some use

http://www.pepipoo.com

Terminator X 05 August 2010 01:59 PM

^^ Agreed + admit nothing until you get some good advice. Too many of us Roll Over :(

TX.

dan83590 05 August 2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9532386)
^^ Agreed + admit nothing until you get some good advice. Too many of us Roll Over :(

TX.

Make them prove everything. If these Roadwars programmes are anything to go by. Most people caught on there never say 'yes it was me officer' and at the end of the show they announce that most people featured get off lightly.

TonyBurns 05 August 2010 05:34 PM

Your usually stuffed when they send a picture of your car though :lol1:

stevenuk300 still 06 August 2010 11:10 AM

Check the date of the NIP. You need to have received the NIP within 14days of the offense.

They then have a maximum of 6 months to charge you.

All cameras are required to have calibration certificates and officers trained to use mobile cameras. You are entitled to request copies of these certificates. :thumb:

Terminator X 06 August 2010 01:16 PM

^^ My court summons turned up 1 day before the 6 months ran out :mad:

TX.

Bo_Duke 06 August 2010 03:23 PM

So did mine :(

104 on a dual carriageway

The again

88 in a 60 :( Got pics too if I knew how to post them. :)

Bo_Duke 06 August 2010 03:25 PM

First time they claimed they got me from the other side of a dual carriageway with the van. But I rolled over....they had no evidence but it didn't matter by that point.

Second time they had pics, but they had reversed the van into some grass higher than the van so there was no chance of seeing it....tossers.

Thought it was illegal to hide?

rezaP1 06 August 2010 03:48 PM

i was having probably one of the worst days since i can remember ... old man was ill so was staying there for a while. Got up one morning to see the water mains had burst flooding the kitchen for hours over night. Was commuting half way round the m25 everyday to work as i was staying at my parents ... by the time id brought some sort of normality back to the situation and arranged for a emergency plumber i was a few hours late for work already ... left home in a rush and got no further than 2 miles before a copper climbed out from hiding behind a parked car, and he'd hidden his bike too. By the time i had parked and walked up to him he was printing my ticket out on the spot!! I didnt even get a chance to try and say anything .... mind you - 46 in a 30, 3 points and a small fine. Could have ben worse i suppose ... although it was and still is my first offence in 14 years of driving.

The law should be consistant ... but its clearly more about what kind of day they are having i think ....

Bo_Duke 06 August 2010 03:50 PM

My first was 6 points and 500 quid + costs

Second offence was 4 points and 500 quid + costs

Bend over, lube up and spread wide!

rezaP1 06 August 2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bo_Duke (Post 9534279)

oh dear .... that is a proper stuffin'!

mr_D 06 August 2010 05:01 PM

just remember this.

its common these days for people to get sp and ts convictions. that common that insurance companies dont act on them as much as you think any more. :thumb: i dont condon speeding and i didnt tell you this ;)

TonyBurns 06 August 2010 05:51 PM

So you contested both and got stuffed for it? :lol1:

my06 ppp silver 06 August 2010 08:56 PM

ouch:cry: