ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Sunroof installation (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/845025-sunroof-installation.html)

Scoobydudey 04 August 2010 12:32 PM

Sunroof installation

Just a thought I love a sunroof but would it de value the Scoob if I had an aftermarket one fitted
Im not talking about a scabby old moonroof, I mean a proper fitted electric one
whats your thoughts guys
2ndly has anyone had one done and where can I get one

Tomwrx 04 August 2010 05:56 PM

the wrx sl has one fitted as standard thats why i waited for this model to turn up as there aint many around

allsop83 05 August 2010 10:40 AM

Personally don't see the point in sunroofs......

If you want wind noise and blown about- open a window

If you want to cool down- open a window or put the A/C on....lol.

Don't think it would specifically "de-value" your car but I'm not sure how many potential owners would be have a check box for a sunroof? Just make sure it's done proffesionally :)

mervil 05 August 2010 10:49 AM

Get a Spec C roof vent fitted instead, so much better air flow if you're a bit hot :) I don't use my aircon nearly as much as I used to! Get the rear windows open and the air will flow even better :) tested to 130mph ish too ;)

trails 05 August 2010 10:53 AM

dealers used to offer retro fit electric sun roofs as an option on classics...quite a common option on wagons too, love mine just wish it was a factory steel version :)

midnight 05 August 2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by trails (Post 9532123)
dealers used to offer retro fit electric sun roofs as an option on classics...quite a common option on wagons too, love mine just wish it was a factory steel version :)

Indeed they did trails at a cost of £732 ,got one on my wagon and the receipt for when it was done in May 2000.Looking in the owners manual they seem to have different controls as the one fitted to mine is a 1 touch tilt/slide that closes when the ignition is switched off. I also have aircon but rarely use it,prefering to have the sunroof in the tilt position for most of my day to day driving.:thumb:

Mifo 05 August 2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 9532114)
Get a Spec C roof vent fitted instead, so much better air flow if you're a bit hot :) I don't use my aircon nearly as much as I used to! Get the rear windows open and the air will flow even better :) tested to 130mph ish too ;)

Take it you dont have the sticker saying to close it at 80km/h?!!

trails 05 August 2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 9532324)
Indeed they did trails at a cost of £732 ,got one on my wagon and the receipt for when it was done in May 2000.Looking in the owners manual they seem to have different controls as the one fitted to mine is a 1 touch tilt/slide that closes when the ignition is switched off. I also have aircon but rarely use it,prefering to have the sunroof in the tilt position for most of my day to day driving.:thumb:

Yeah, factory switch is roof mounted iirc, the switch location on mine is where the DCCD wheel should be. I find my sunroof much more cooling than my air con these days too ;):lol1:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/IMG_7479.jpg

happydude303 05 August 2010 04:37 PM

my classic wrx has a nice factory fitted sun roof and it a nice option when you dont want the old ac on drian fuel and all sorts

neil1980 05 August 2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9532371)

:lol: lmfao

mervil 05 August 2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9532371)

IIRC it means don't open it above 80km/h! One of the Welsh lad's friends opened his at 70mph ish and it flipped open and broke the catch! As long as it's open it's fine :D