ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Club 42 motorsport day Pontypridd high school (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/843509-club-42-motorsport-day-pontypridd-high-school.html)

notfub 09 October 2010 09:50 PM

That's the car. Bet he was wearing the WWRS horrible colour polo shirt as well :)

The Trooper 1815 09 October 2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 9644827)
Great day guys :thumb: Ty eventually turned up to take the register, lucky he didn't see the other people who turned up but never put their names down ;)

Congrats to Matt for winning the Mag Subscription prize :D and to myself for the Rally GB passes :luxhello:

Fecking Engineers!

The Trooper 1815 09 October 2010 10:12 PM

I liked the Jensen Interceptor III :luvlove: 7.2 litres, 6.5 to 60 and 10-15 MPG on a good day :eek:

Did my own run up to Sennybridge and back. It's sixpence 10 bob in the dark on the Defynog road but sooooooooo much fun :D

ozzreid1964 09 October 2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9645428)
I liked the Jensen Interceptor III :luvlove: 7.2 litres, 6.5 to 60 and 10-15 MPG on a good day :eek:

Did my own run up to Sennybridge and back. It's sixpence 10 bob in the dark on the Defynog road but sooooooooo much fun :D

living in brecon does have it's good points:lol1:

mervil 09 October 2010 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9645417)
Fecking Engineers!

Hurrah for the CRE :D

esp ltd 10 October 2010 12:38 PM

It was a good day that i really enjoyed, you are a great bunch of guys with some great cars and i appreciated you letting me come along in my Mazda! I had to shoot off earlier than i wanted (as usual) but i then sold 2 RX7's so it was worth the early departure. Good to meet you all and thanks again.
Dave.

KJD Mk1 10 October 2010 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by esp ltd (Post 9646087)
It was a good day that i really enjoyed, you are a great bunch of guys with some great cars and i appreciated you letting me come along in my Mazda! I had to shoot off earlier than i wanted (as usual) but i then sold 2 RX7's so it was worth the early departure. Good to meet you all and thanks again.
Dave.

Your very welcome Dave:thumb:

mervil 10 October 2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by esp ltd (Post 9646087)
Dave.

Great to have a chat with you Dave, thanks for the advice too!! Great looking Rex you brought along, Id love a Bathurst Edition if I ever got one!! :thumb:

scott64 10 October 2010 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by catalunya 172 (Post 9645335)
nice to have a chat to you, redbull, greenperil and the rest of you today :thumb:

must also say all the cars looked great with a good mix from old to new :thumb:

nice to meet you as well mate and i think your scooby is stunning:thumb:

KJD Mk1 10 October 2010 09:09 PM

Anyone know the MLR lad that won the ford goodies in the raffle, his face was a picture collecting the prize, funny as hell :lol1:

Ian from club 42 has been on the phone to-day and would like to thank you all for taking the time to attend so well done chaps :luxhello:

matscooby 10 October 2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 9647049)
Anyone know the MLR lad that won the ford goodies in the raffle, his face was a picture collecting the prize, funny as hell :lol1:

Ian from club 42 has been on the phone to-day and would like to thank you all for taking the time to attend so well done chaps :luxhello:

Same here, Ian called to say thankyou and asked if anyone knew any traders or other motorsport teams that may wish to attend the next one in December.

More info on Ian's radio show's can be viewed on the below link :

http://www.gtfm.co.uk/DriversSeatPages.htm

mervil 11 October 2010 11:51 AM

Does any have any ideas on how to make next years show even better? It was a shame that we had a barrage of people picking up the music students halfway through, Ian said it may be possible to have it on a Sunday next year to avoid this but Saturday is better for him and his guys! He did suggest having at a differen location, just down in Treforest!

Another successful SWS event, just like one big happy family :D

STI Glenn 11 October 2010 05:49 PM

Kev should not think anybody would know the MLR guys as hid away in the corner

mervil 12 October 2010 10:03 PM

It seems that toys weren't the only thing thrown out of the pram on Saturday :lol1:

Apparently the throwers of said toys have been having a bitch and a moan on t'internet instead of speaking to people in person! Why not speak up instead of hiding in their shells? Oh well, that's the way things go :rolleyes:

The Trooper 1815 13 October 2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 9651099)
It seems that toys weren't the only thing thrown out of the pram on Saturday :lol1:

Apparently the throwers of said toys have been having a bitch and a moan on t'internet instead of speaking to people in person! Why not speak up instead of hiding in their shells? Oh well, that's the way things go :rolleyes:

Kev, I have some spare body armour you may need :Whatever_. At least someone else is getting a break.

Cannon Fodder 13 October 2010 08:29 AM

Who are we on about? :confused:

THE DOCTOR 13 October 2010 08:54 AM

an interesting quote there...isnt that what someone did earlier?:wonder:

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 9645115)

Some sour faces soon departed after I collected it for you, toys out of prams!! :lol1: :D

Like I have said many many times before, what CSC members say on their own forums is their perogative, in the same way that SWS are entitled to voice an opinion of their forum. But throw away comments on here, a public forum only serve to stir.....

it's interesting that many conversations to keep the Welsh section of Scooby Net neutral so that all can enjoy it, individuals still feel the need to cause problems...

Again like I have said many many times before, anyone wanna talk...anytime guys, I wouldnt say anything behind anyones back that I would not be willing to say to their faces. And I'm too old to play games.

The Trooper 1815 13 October 2010 09:37 AM

Who said it was CSC? :wonder:

KJD Mk1 13 October 2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 9651551)
Kev, I have some spare body armour you may need :Whatever_. At least someone else is getting a break.

Stab vest more like!!:Suspiciou

As you say it gives others a break.
It comes as no suprise that they post such vile comments it's what they do best, personally I could not give a toss.
Lots of BIG words from such short people ( and I mean short in the head not the legs)

The doctor as claimed by pm to me that he wishes to build bridges and have joint meets as the old bitter and twisted founder has moved on but has anything changed? I think not.

Don't worry about it guys the club is in great form others can only look in and secretly admire.:cool:

THE DOCTOR 13 October 2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 9651848)
Stab vest more like!!:Suspiciou

As you say it gives others a break.
It comes as no suprise that they post such vile comments it's what they do best, personally I could not give a toss.
Lots of BIG words from such short people ( and I mean short in the head not the legs)

The doctor as claimed by pm to me that he wishes to build bridges and have joint meets as the old bitter and twisted founder has moved on but has anything changed? I think not.

Don't worry about it guys the club is in great form others can only look in and secretly admire.:cool:

interesting Kev, so are you saying that you would prefer it if the two clubs don't mix? don't speak to each other?

not allowed to be on both sides of the fence so to speak, so you would prefer never to get on and just keep this thing going???

Because excuse me if I've missed something here, but we are all adults with a passion for the same thing, a shared hobby!

It only seeems to be yourself who wants to keep this rivalry going, and then you are surprised when people attack your character?????

As I said before , just don't get it...!

The Trooper 1815 13 October 2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Alsieboy (Post 9652246)
interesting Kev, so are you saying that you would prefer it if the two clubs don't mix? don't speak to each other?

not allowed to be on both sides of the fence so to speak, so you would prefer never to get on and just keep this thing going???

Because excuse me if I've missed something here, but we are all adults with a passion for the same thing, a shared hobby!

It only seeems to be yourself who wants to keep this rivalry going, and then you are surprised when people attack your character?????

Not taking sides but it will always be two seperate clubs because of the website CSC run. Scoobynet is an open forum. It's even got a Fight Club to sort out stuff like this.

So, why am I still banned from the CSC Site?

I am still trying to find out.

But like you said it's a private site and you can say what you want. Even if it's different to what's said in public!

We have been round the houses with this before. And having read the comments (where there is a will there is a way) it's only one or two people. The main culprits are the same people as before causing the same drama.

I think it's now a case of put up or shut up.

M Jones the floor is yours.

The Trooper 1815 13 October 2010 08:38 PM

FAO Alsieboy

:thumb: Thank you. Hope this is now dead in the water.

THE DOCTOR 13 October 2010 08:48 PM

Absolutely Ian:thumb:

KJD Mk1 13 October 2010 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Alsieboy (Post 9652246)

What I prefer is of no importance, its not my club I dont own or run it.
If people want to come to your meets it makes no difference to me everyone is free to do as they wish.
I had thought that the clubs had reached an inner piece but one of your members took it upon himself to hurl abuse at the SIDC chairman about me at rally day but did not have the balls to do it to my face even thought I was 100m away.
One by one most of us here have had vile comments made about us behind our backs and you expect us to be all nicey nicey to you.
I'd suggest putting your own house in order first before crying victim.

I have nothing more to add to this conversion so from me it ends here.

THE DOCTOR 13 October 2010 10:03 PM

interesting I think you a refering to a member who very recently joined CSC but had a beef about tickets or something with SIDC.....

that member was a member of SIDC and so had nothing to do with CSC....that was a disagrement with a SIDC member and SIDC..

so for obvious reasons will not comment on that

jpscoobster 13 October 2010 10:52 PM

sorry couldnt make the event gutted hope all went well .Missus had the car she did say she took the lead up the a470 on sat morning nevermind will try and get to another event anyone know where to get cheap tyres ?:lol: