ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Top Gear: Sunday 25th (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/843328-top-gear-sunday-25th.html)

boxst 24 July 2010 03:43 PM

Top Gear: Sunday 25th

With Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise surprisingly:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7994820_n.jpg

paulr 24 July 2010 06:38 PM

Looking forward to it.

corradoboy 24 July 2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by paulr (Post 9512258)
Looking forward to it.

.....with trepidation :(

FlightMan 24 July 2010 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512321)
.....with trepidation :(

You don't have to watch it, it's not compulsory. :Suspiciou

The Dogs B******s 24 July 2010 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9512475)

+1 :thumb:

corradoboy 24 July 2010 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9512475)

I live in hope that they regain former glory :brickwall

Lisawrx 24 July 2010 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512512)
I live in hope that they regain former glory :brickwall

Well it hasn't happened so far... how many series have you wished this for?

If you watch the first show of a series and you think it's crap, it's likely it'll stay that way for the rest of it.

corradoboy 25 July 2010 12:02 AM

No, series 11 started badly with the silly Police cars, and the TG stuntman :rolleyes:, but episode 2 had the Evo X vs new STi, RS6 and CLK63 AMG Black :notworthy:

Lisawrx 25 July 2010 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512817)
No, series 11 started badly with the silly Police cars, and the TG stuntman :rolleyes:, but episode 2 had the Evo X vs new STi, RS6 and CLK63 AMG Black :notworthy:

So was that one good episode out of the whole series for you? :wonder:

It's unlikely it's going to go back to the good old days you speak of, so either stop bothering with it or stop moaning and enjoy the odd bits. :p;)

corradoboy 25 July 2010 12:22 AM

I'm unlikely to stop moaning, so stop bothering with my TG posts or stop moaning about them :p

Lisawrx 25 July 2010 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512831)
I'm unlikely to stop moaning, so stop bothering with my TG posts or stop moaning about them :p

:lol1:

You blokes are worse than us wimmins for twisting. :p;)

fast bloke 25 July 2010 12:43 AM

I had to LMAO when they chucked Clarksons 'motorhome' over the cliff. It wasn't clever, but it was so juvenile and so predictable that I couldn't not laugh. Corradoboy is obviously a sensible grown up, so won't see the humour in this. Corradoboy - can I suggest that there are other channels hosting such delights as Antiques Roadshow and Songs of Praise, which might be better suited to your more mature disposition?

Fabioso 25 July 2010 12:55 AM

I bet Clarkson sucks up to Cruise and Diaz...........under strict orders from Auntie Beeb to not upset them...... I bet!

Shame cos I would have laughed if he made some ref to Cruise's diminuitive height. :D

bioforger 25 July 2010 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512831)

Why not? I think most people on here are sick of your constant whinging, whether they like TG or not. Give it a rest please, it's really tiresome and makes you look a little bit strange.

corradoboy 25 July 2010 02:41 AM

Oh good :cuckoo:

Leslie 25 July 2010 08:14 AM

I'd prefer to watch the cricket.

Les

SwissTony 25 July 2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Fabioso (Post 9512846)
I bet Clarkson sucks up to Cruise and Diaz...........under strict orders from Auntie Beeb to not upset them...... I bet!

Shame cos I would have laughed if he made some ref to Cruise's diminuitive height. :D

now that would be fun :thumb:

Lee247 25 July 2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Fabioso (Post 9512846)

Who cares about his height, he's flippin' gawjuss :luvlove:

I enjoy TG, never fails to give me a laugh :thumb:

beef-on-the-bone 25 July 2010 10:28 AM

it's just supposed to be silly now, enjoy it for what it is :)

ScoobyDoo555 25 July 2010 10:32 AM

surely, height ridicule aside, the bigger temptation would be the Scientology-aspect.......

Kieran_Burns 25 July 2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 9513076)
surely, height ridicule aside, the bigger temptation would be the Scientology-aspect.......

Mock a man's religion? Even if it does involve scamming Scoobynetters.... :lol1:

bioforger 25 July 2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9512870)
Oh good :cuckoo:

Answer the question :rolleyes:

DYK 25 July 2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke (Post 9512841)
I had to LMAO when they chucked Clarksons 'motorhome' over the cliff. It wasn't clever, but it was so juvenile and so predictable that I couldn't not laugh. Corradoboy is obviously a sensible grown up, so won't see the humour in this. Corradoboy - can I suggest that there are other channels hosting such delights as Antiques Roadshow and Songs of Praise, which might be better suited to your more mature disposition?

Anitques roadshow :sleep::sleep:
I have never watched songs of praise,what's that all about....

P1 Daveyboy 25 July 2010 03:17 PM

Top Gear longest running motor related show on TV
They must be doing something right ?

bioforger 25 July 2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 9513474)
I have never watched songs of praise,what's that all about....

Christianity :sleep:

Glowplug 25 July 2010 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9513054)
I enjoy TG, never fails to give me a laugh :thumb:

Originally Posted by beef-on-the-bone (Post 9513067)
it's just supposed to be silly now, enjoy it for what it is :)

I agree, it's an must on a Sunday:lol1:

corradoboy 25 July 2010 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 9513456)
Answer the question :rolleyes:

If I must.

I'm 40, so officially a grumpy old man, and I moan about things which bother me. I used to love TG, have enjoyed Clarkson greatly as a presenter over a great many years and have always appreciated his intelligence and comedic wit. It is disappointing to see him stumbling into such low-brow, shallow and puerile work when we all know he is capable of much better. James May too, but Hammond I understand. Whether they are chasing ever-increasing viewing figures and with that the ever-increasing pay packets, or are simply out of ideas and clinging on to their cash-cow for grim death I don't know, but they can do better and I simply wish they would, because I want to enjoy it and them again. The production crew do a sterling job with some excellent cinematography and brilliantly creative set-pieces, usually for the opening supercar review, but thereafter the cocking about ensues and I find myself drifting off onto the internet or another channel. I am not the only one either, reading comments on the Final Gear forum, and even comments made by both JC and his partner in crime Andy Wilman they are fully aware that they are losing their edge, but seem as though they are just going to keep doing what they're doing and let the show decline until the plug gets pulled, and then maybe they will bounce back with something new. Of course, given the current viewing figures and syndication earnings, that could be some time off yet, but usually with TV shows when the rot sets in, the public desert you suddenly. I can see that day coming, but they still have time to rescue it, if they want to.

Silver Angel 25 July 2010 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke (Post 9512841)
I had to LMAO when they chucked Clarksons 'motorhome' over the cliff. It wasn't clever, but it was so juvenile and so predictable that I couldn't not laugh.

:luxhello::luxhello: was awesome

bioforger 25 July 2010 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 9513809)
If I must.

I'm 40, so officially a grumpy old man, and I moan about things which bother me. I used to love TG, have enjoyed Clarkson greatly as a presenter over a great many years and have always appreciated his intelligence and comedic wit. It is disappointing to see him stumbling into such low-brow, shallow and puerile work when we all know he is capable of much better. James May too, but Hammond I understand. Whether they are chasing ever-increasing viewing figures and with that the ever-increasing pay packets, or are simply out of ideas and clinging on to their cash-cow for grim death I don't know, but they can do better and I simply wish they would, because I want to enjoy it and them again. The production crew do a sterling job with some excellent cinematography and brilliantly creative set-pieces, usually for the opening supercar review, but thereafter the cocking about ensues and I find myself drifting off onto the internet or another channel. I am not the only one either, reading comments on the Final Gear forum, and even comments made by both JC and his partner in crime Andy Wilman they are fully aware that they are losing their edge, but seem as though they are just going to keep doing what they're doing and let the show decline until the plug gets pulled, and then maybe they will bounce back with something new. Of course, given the current viewing figures and syndication earnings, that could be some time off yet, but usually with TV shows when the rot sets in, the public desert you suddenly. I can see that day coming, but they still have time to rescue it, if they want to.

lol and breathe. You sir have some issues to get so worked up by a tv show imo. Really why take it so seriously it's just tv.

corradoboy 25 July 2010 07:53 PM

You made me :mad: I wouldn't have written that if you weren't so obsessed with my psychological condition :razz: