ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Ok, so the Police want to talk to me.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/843006-ok-so-the-police-want-to-talk-to-me.html)

hail-hail 22 July 2010 10:24 AM

Ok, so the Police want to talk to me....

I came back from a 2 week holiday to find a calling card from the local police asking me to get in touch over a 'non-urgent' matter.
Wife managed to get in touch with the officer but he wouldn't tell her anything.
I then eventually got the guy on the phone and he has arranged to meet me on Saturday. He refused to discuss anything over the phone but did mention that it was concerning my car.

I recently (6months ago) bought a Mk2 Golf with VR6 conversion, just paid cash and didn't HPI
etc. Car is taxed and insured as a 2.8.

I have thought that I may have bought a stolen car and that it it about to get taken off me, but I would have thought this would have qualified as and 'urgent' matter?

Any ideas what this non-urgent matter could be?

zip106 22 July 2010 10:52 AM

You've been seen kerbcrawling? :wonder:
:)

alcazar 22 July 2010 10:53 AM

A member of the public has reported you for aggressive/dangerous driving?

Or speeding?

SwissTony 22 July 2010 11:10 AM

car definately dodgy

Leslie 22 July 2010 11:17 AM

Flog it quickly!

Les

greendragonkungfu 22 July 2010 11:30 AM

dont meet him with the car, hide it at ya mams or summat

SwissTony 22 July 2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by greendragonkungfu (Post 9508334)
dont meet him with the car, hide it at ya mams or summat

Sorry but :lol1:

chrisdicko 22 July 2010 11:47 AM

HPi check it now?!

SwissTony 22 July 2010 11:51 AM

http://www.barlingtackshop.co.uk/ima...oof%20bolt.jpg

mr_D 22 July 2010 12:05 PM

hpi check it. but make sure you do a proper one that checks finance on it as well

kingofturds 22 July 2010 12:11 PM

They cannot take the car off you if it is a smouldering burnt out wreck, just saying...

alcazar 22 July 2010 12:12 PM

And if it comes up nicked, report it nicked this morning, then change the plates.........allegedly.:D

stilover 22 July 2010 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9508270)
A member of the public has reported you for aggressive/dangerous driving?

Or speeding?

I've had this.... for allegedly speeding.

They (the police) even went to my mothers house looking for me.

I once reported a hit and run (Bike rider hit my Scooby from the side, then rode off over some fields), but all they wanted to know was if I was insured. Ended up being asked the same questions over and over again, as they tried to catch me out. Why? I don't know as it was fully insured. I asked why they were investigating me instead of the hit & run rider, and questioned why, If I was uninsured, would I walk into a police station to report a road incident.

hutton_d 22 July 2010 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by hail-hail (Post 9508234)
.... Any ideas what this non-urgent matter could be?

Is it the drug dealing? Brothel ownership? People trafficking? :Suspiciou

Can't be speeding as they would have arrested you at the airport on the way home ......

Dave

alcazar 22 July 2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 9508458)
I've had this.... for allegedly speeding.

They (the police) even went to my mothers house looking for me.

I once reported a hit and run (Bike rider hit my Scooby from the side, then rode off over some fields), but all they wanted to know was if I was insured. Ended up being asked the same questions over and over again, as they tried to catch me out. Why? I don't know as it was fully insured. I asked why they were investigating me instead of the hit & run rider, and questioned why, If I was uninsured, would I walk into a police station to report a road incident.

Too difficult to catch a rider, no photo, they can't send him a fine-through-the-post.:rolleyes:
You, on the other hand, were there, and would have been a "good collar", and a point up on their targets if they could have done you.

Trust ANY coppers as far as you could chuck 'em and their panda car, you'll not go far wrong.

pslewis 22 July 2010 01:18 PM

You have been reported for:-

1. Speeding

2. Aggresive driving

3. Using a phone whilst driving, or, more likely ..

4. Driving a VW!! :lol1:

stewart1397 22 July 2010 01:29 PM

he wont tell you what its about?
i would'nt bother meeting him, i would of told him if its anything worth arresting you for to come and get you.
most of the time its a waste of time.dont forget hes being paid for the time hes with you and your not so the police dont care about wasteing time.

sorry i just dont have any time for the police.

hpi the car if you want

fivetide 22 July 2010 01:31 PM

Log book loan right now! Free money!

konceppt 22 July 2010 01:34 PM

bet it turns out to be a neighbours plant pot went missing or something stupid like that.They want to know where you were at the time

tony de wonderful 22 July 2010 01:37 PM

Your car was spotted in a secluded 'lay by' where men of a certain persuasion go to 'do things'.

:norty:

Oilburner 22 July 2010 02:24 PM

Hmm if it was something serious they would have arrested you.Mind you I heard of someone that got caught on camera doing 167MPH and all he got was a phone call asking him to go down to the station for a chat about his 'riding style' them when he went down they slapped the cuffs on him

Camoscooby 22 July 2010 02:30 PM

[quote=SwissTony;9508357]http://www.barlingtackshop.co.uk/ima...oof%20bolt.jpg[/uote]

Brilliant ;):lol1:

Hanley 22 July 2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by stewart1397 (Post 9508522)
he wont tell you what its about?
i would'nt bother meeting him, i would of told him if its anything worth arresting you for to come and get you.
most of the time its a waste of time.dont forget hes being paid for the time hes with you and your not so the police dont care about wasteing time.

sorry i just dont have any time for the police.

hpi the car if you want

+1

If it's important then let them come out to you.

Sell the car now though just in case

:D

tony de wonderful 22 July 2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9508625)
+1

Sell the car now though just in case

:D

It would be much safer to crush the car, burn it, entomb whats left in concrete, and drop it to the bottom of the deepest oceon.

Burn all your documentation related to said car also.

Midlife...... 22 July 2010 03:11 PM

Nip down to Halfords and buy all the cans of orange spray paint they have and apply to the VW liberally................... then you can say "it wasn't me guv, my car is orange" :D

..................it might work !

Shaun

dazdavies 22 July 2010 03:36 PM

I would say to the officer either tell me whats it's about or come and get me! simples

Cooperation is a two way street the police seem to forget that.

Turbo2 22 July 2010 03:44 PM

Maybe someone's resurrected your F355?

Not quite in the same league but way back when my parents got a call from the police about a year after trading in a 1275GT Mini for a Talbot Solara (:cuckoo:). The Mini had been found crashed in a drainage canal in the fenlands by some joy-riders. Quite obviously there was nothing that my parents could do to help with the police investigation, so I don't know why they contacted us. :wonder:

ukjesters 22 July 2010 03:45 PM

Just in case it is something detrimental to yourself as mentioned above ie manner of driving, mobile phone etc, then i would stall them for certain. I would be very surprised if it was over nothing so the longer you stall them the more chance there is that they'll exceed the time limits with which to report you of any offences.

As has been said, they know where you are, let them come knocking.

cossie-nutter 22 July 2010 04:05 PM

Is the vr6 2.8i conversion be taxed at the right rate and declared properly ?

Ie, mate of mine had a 340bhp nova taxed as a 1 litre, he just got away with it before the police found the car!

hail-hail 22 July 2010 04:05 PM

I have spoken to my sister in law (cop) and she thinks that I have either been reported for speeding or that the may have been used in a crime before my ownership.

Thinking about it, the previous owner received a nip for about 80ish on the motor way. It was me driving, but the ownership details had not been changed over. I phoned up to admit to me driving and was told in no uncertain terms that I should not be contacting them over this and that the previous owner needs to sort it out.
I gave him back the nip and said that he had to contact them and tell them that it was me driving.
I have heard nothing since. They won't be able to do anything anyway as this was months ago, a week or so after I got the car.

I have nothing to hide, so lets see what happens saturday.