ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   godspeed kit.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/842707-godspeed-kit.html)

band_wagon 20 July 2010 03:51 PM

godspeed kit....

hi all i recently brought a godspeed 335mm 2 piece kit for use with oem 4 pots of a member on here ive got everything i need spacers bracket's but im missing 1 of the upright bolts and the fitting guide ive email'd and pm'd ian a few times now and no reply can any one advise me what size bolt it is and best place to get one also what size tap will i need to use with these bolts

thx in advance band_wagon :thumb:

IainMilford 20 July 2010 04:04 PM

have you tried ringing him?

I bought my kit secondhand and Ian was very helpful when I needed some advice

IainMilford 20 July 2010 04:09 PM

I've got an instruction sheet, PM me your email address and I'll send it across :thumb:

band_wagon 20 July 2010 04:09 PM

yep i spoke to him a few weeks back he said he'll send one out in post and to email him my address i dont want to bother him to much as i no hes a busy guy esp for the sake of one bolt lol .. thats why i want to source one my self ive got every thing needed to fit even got jaguar xjr pads to go with kit aswell just a bolt and a tap stopping me ...

alcazar 20 July 2010 04:26 PM

If you have one bolt, isn't the other the same?

If so, use www.yell.com and look under "bolt and nut stockists".
They will match your one, for a few pence.

You can buy threadlocking stuff in B&Q etc, or do wjhat I do and coat the threads in Humbrol enamel, letting it dry before inserting the bolt.

And once you have the bolt, they would tell you what thread so you can buy a tap.

Godspeed Brakes 20 July 2010 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by band_wagon (Post 9505258)
yep i spoke to him a few weeks back he said he'll send one out in post and to email him my address i dont want to bother him to much as i no hes a busy guy esp for the sake of one bolt lol .. thats why i want to source one my self ive got every thing needed to fit even got jaguar xjr pads to go with kit aswell just a bolt and a tap stopping me ...

Hi

I sent you out a bolt through the post in a jiffy bag , typical useless post !

If you want to source some locally , the bolts that bolt the calipers to the brackets are M10 x 40mm with a pitch of 1.25mm , and the bolts to fit the bracket to the hub are M14 x 30mm with a 2mm pitch.

If your stuck I can send you out some special delivery but you would have to pay this time sorry , can't do them free again

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

band_wagon 20 July 2010 04:52 PM

hi ian thx for reply i didnt want to harrase you to much over one bolt lol how much would four of the upright bolts be in cluded recorded delivery to my address ? ill send paymet over via paypal if ok by you i no i only needed one but the other 3 are kind of rusty ... pm me you paypal address and ill send payment over in a short wile thx again chris

band_wagon 20 July 2010 04:54 PM

its the upright bolts that i only require not ones for brackets just re read my reply lol

Godspeed Brakes 20 July 2010 05:22 PM

Special delivery guaranteed next day service is £5.50 , so call it a tenner and i'll send a set , use my email address on paypal , ian@godspeedbrakes.co.uk
Cheers Ian

band_wagon 20 July 2010 05:28 PM

hi ian payment sent just via paypal thx again mate

Godspeed Brakes 20 July 2010 05:52 PM

Yes got it , i'll post them out tomorrow for you
Cheers Ian

IainMilford 20 July 2010 08:19 PM

can't say fairer than that, top service !

band_wagon 22 July 2010 01:08 PM

nice one ian look forward to recieving them and getting them all fitted thx again chris

band_wagon 23 July 2010 11:35 AM

Any news on delivery please ian thx chris

Godspeed Brakes 23 July 2010 04:27 PM

can you email me your address again please, seeing the ones ive already sent haven't got to you i just want to confirm its right..

Cheers

band_wagon 23 July 2010 05:27 PM

Sent mate