ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Howard Webb (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/840970-howard-webb.html)

Myles 08 July 2010 05:28 PM

Howard Webb

Congratulations to Howard Webb for being the chosen referee for the WC Final. He has deserved it, and hope he has a blinder!

richie001 08 July 2010 06:33 PM

Had a poor season in the EPL,made some big mistake but had a good World cup.

alcazar 08 July 2010 07:06 PM

Last time an Englishman reffed the final Holland lost. Let's hope lightning DOES strike twice........;)

The Dogs B******s 08 July 2010 08:22 PM

Well done and good luck to him

Little Miss WRX 09 July 2010 08:39 AM

Excellent choice of official. :cool:

On his WC debut too I believe.

Turbo2 09 July 2010 08:50 AM

One dodgy decision and he'll be the most hated man in Spain or Holland! ;)

Best change his mobile number and e-mail address now: just in case!

alcazar 11 July 2010 10:14 PM

Insufficient bottle: at least three Dutch players ought to have been sent off by half time:mad:

Spoilt the final for me:(

dazdavies 11 July 2010 10:37 PM

A bit dramatic that Al

It was a difficult game for him to referee. However, he did a good job and largely kept control of things. Holland were proper dirty b4stards had he sent three players off he'd have been crucified for being biased. It was a lose lose situation. I think considering that he did incredibly well.

Dutch-TurboWagon 11 July 2010 10:51 PM

My Goodness, first the Biritish present an appalling soccer team that was nothing less than a disgrace and now they 'awarded' the finals with a wanker referee !
I can't believe he (and some of you) fell for the Spanish Drama ....
The world cup even turns out to have magical healing powers as the injured spanish player was right back on his feet 1 second after they won and suddenly had NO problems coming onto the field whatsoever.

dazdavies 11 July 2010 10:58 PM

If anything Dutch he was extremely lenient to your boys a few of them should have been sent packing. I don't know what game you were watching but there was nothing wrong with the goal. I think the only thing you have reason to complain about was not getting a free kick when the two spaniards blocked robben. Other than that you have absolutely f*ck all to complain about! Even if you'd have got that I dont think you would have won, you certainly didn't deserve to!!!!!

Bravo2zero_sps 11 July 2010 11:06 PM

Weak ref, at least 4 of the dirty ****ers should have gone from the Dutch team, Van Bommel being the first. What a disgrace they were for a World Cup final. How the hell did Robben not get a 2nd yellow for putting the ball in the net way after the whistle had blown i'll never know, it's the bloody rules of the game ffs!

The right team won for all the right reasons and the Dutch should hold their heads in shame, even after the final whistle they behaved disgracefully. A team of arrogant nasty w4nkers.

Myles 12 July 2010 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 9490399)
Insufficient bottle: at least three Dutch players ought to have been sent off by half time:mad:

Spoilt the final for me:(

Howard Webb spoilt the final? Really?

Myles 12 July 2010 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dutch-TurboWagon (Post 9490459)
My Goodness, first the Biritish present an appalling soccer team that was nothing less than a disgrace and now they 'awarded' the finals with a wanker referee !
I can't believe he (and some of you) fell for the Spanish Drama ....
The world cup even turns out to have magical healing powers as the injured spanish player was right back on his feet 1 second after they won and suddenly had NO problems coming onto the field whatsoever.

My goodness, wha a Dutch way to start a post. Lets face facts, Van Bommel was a joke, Robben carried on his rolling around and routine bullsh1t, Robben and Robin couldnt score in a brothel, your boys took one hell of a beating.
Actually, I think Howard Webb could have been more effective than Van Bommel.
Sour grapes my man, your team came on with a lack of ambition, and it showed. It reminded me of the European Cup final where Steaua Bucharest were obviously playing for penalties against Marseille. Just rubbish.

Dutch-TurboWagon 12 July 2010 09:01 AM

You guys needed glasses just like Webb !
Near the end there was a goal kick by Sneijder and the ball changed it's course and missed the goal by a fair amount. The ball hit someone from the other team, which could be seen from 5 miles away (how on earth could a ball dramaticly change it's course otherwise !) and this should have resulted in a Corner shot .....

How about looking at the guy who scored the winning goal, he was standing OFFSIDE just moments before he recieved the pass and nobody used their whistle ....

I'm not saying our Team was at it's best and they did deserve some cards but the Referee was easy to trick with Spanish drama aparrantly and saying that our team wasn't respectfull after the game is B*LLSH*T, they even formed a Row of Honor for the other team to walk through, something which is EXTREMELY hard to do coming this close to the cup and having won EVERY SINGLE GAME since qualification.

You might have your game down when it comes to Subaru's but you British don't know jack about Soccer, and it showed :)
That bald headed ******* needs to go back to Traffic Duty !

Bravo2zero_sps 12 July 2010 09:15 AM

:lol1: oh deary me :D

Myles 12 July 2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dutch-TurboWagon (Post 9490630)
You guys needed glasses just like Webb !
Near the end there was a goal kick by Sneijder and the ball changed it's course and missed the goal by a fair amount. The ball hit someone from the other team, which could be seen from 5 miles away (how on earth could a ball dramaticly change it's course otherwise !) and this should have resulted in a Corner shot .....

How about looking at the guy who scored the winning goal, he was standing OFFSIDE just moments before he recieved the pass and nobody used their whistle ....

I'm not saying our Team was at it's best and they did deserve some cards but the Referee was easy to trick with Spanish drama aparrantly and saying that our team wasn't respectfull after the game is B*LLSH*T, they even formed a Row of Honor for the other team to walk through, something which is EXTREMELY hard to do coming this close to the cup and having won EVERY SINGLE GAME since qualification.

You might have your game down when it comes to Subaru's but you British don't know jack about Soccer, and it showed :)
That bald headed ******* needs to go back to Traffic Duty !

To start with Cloggy, you are calling it soccer, a term used by the Yanks and anyone else who doesnt know jack about football. Iniesta wasnt offside, just look at the centre back who lost his footing before the pass was made.
Also, Id like to see you criticize Webb to his face, you'd be growing tulips where the sun dont shine.
Your guys ruined the final, no-one else.

Bravo2zero_sps 12 July 2010 09:27 AM

Iniesta offside? :lol1: and he says we don't know about football :lol1: Somebody needs to go away and read the offside rules.

Dutch-TurboWagon 12 July 2010 09:41 AM

Yes, he was OFFSIDE, then moved back, received the assist and then scored.

It's funny to see you guys reacting while your own team didn't even survive the 8th finales and were send packing by the Germans with a 4-1 LOSS.

Bravo2zero_sps 12 July 2010 09:43 AM

What has the English team got to do with the dirty way the Dutch played the final? The moment you are referring to Iniesta was not interfering with play and the ball was not passed to him at that time, when the ball was passed to him he was back on side and it was a perfectly good goal, in fact an extremely satisfying goal to see the Dutch go off on one behaving like the spoilt arrogant w4nkers they are :thumb:

Myles 12 July 2010 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dutch-TurboWagon (Post 9490666)

It's funny to see you guys reacting while your own team didn't even survive the 8th finales and were send packing by the Germans with a 4-1 LOSS.

We were sh1t, that post mortem has been done. You choked in the final and went out with no gameplan.

As stated above, you can be offside forever if you are not interfering with play, as he was not, then the CB played him onside when the ball was played, ie. onside. I actually wanted the Dutch to win, as Spains football bores me.

No reaction from me about our exit, it was ages ago, Ive slept a few times since then.

NAF 12 July 2010 10:49 AM

The better team won imho

Yes it maybe should have been a free kick when the dutch winger was blocked just before Iniesta scored but Holland could have and should have had at least two players sent off by then

Iniesta was well onside for the goal

Turbo2 12 July 2010 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dutch-TurboWagon (Post 9490666)

I reckon this guy's been sat in a coffee shop all night by the sounds of it! :lol1: :cuckoo:

Time for bed now mate. :thumb: :sleep:

Myles 12 July 2010 11:59 AM

Schmoke and a pancake.

alcazar 12 July 2010 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9490472)
How the hell did Robben not get a 2nd yellow for putting the ball in the net way after the whistle had blown i'll never know, it's the bloody rules of the game ffs!

And five minutes later, a Spaniard DID for throwing the ball away.:rolleyes:

It's THAT sort of bottle-less hypocrisy that spoils games;)

Myles 12 July 2010 12:29 PM

As the saying goes, you can't polish a turd. It want Webb that spoilt the game, it was Holland's lack of ambition, and Spain's inability to break them down.
As for the scoring after he had been flagged, I think the introduction of the vuvuzelas prompted the refs to take it for granted that their whistle probably couldn't be heard. Therefore you can't book someone if you cant prove they heard the whistle. Throwing the ball away is throwing the ball away, end of.

Bravo2zero_sps 12 July 2010 02:34 PM

Apart from the fact Robben stopped as soon as the whistle went, but then decided to kick the ball anyway.

Funkii Munkii 14 July 2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 9490746)
I reckon this guy's been sat in a coffee shop all night by the sounds of it! :lol1: :cuckoo:

Time for bed now mate. :thumb: :sleep:

Nah he's too stressed to have had a smoke :lol1:

The Dutch were filthy but the Spaniards made the most of their theatrical training at any given opportunity, especially Iniesta.

Best team won, no issues with Webb, he did well to control such an unruly game with cheating coming from both teams.

Probably the worst WC I think I have followed.