ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Which Scoobynetter could have said this? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/840216-which-scoobynetter-could-have-said-this.html)

Paulo P 03 July 2010 09:44 PM

Which Scoobynetter could have said this?

Today we were supposed to go out on a mates speedboat on the Thames but the starter motor packed up, another mate had a spare starter motor for a different type of boat so he went off to get it. I am on crutches with a broken ankle so a couple of my mates set about changing the starter motor and this is where it gets funny :lol1:

One of them (a scoobynetter) said "can't I just swap the wires over and leave it next to the engine?" :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Classic line :D Who could it be? :lol1:

Sadly the starter motor didn't work but we still had a cracking day messing about with the boat outside the pub on the banks of the thames :thumb:

alcazar 03 July 2010 09:46 PM

It HAS to be a female?

Paulo P 03 July 2010 09:47 PM

You would think wouldn't you :D

Jamo 03 July 2010 09:51 PM

posing git :D id like to guess but your brother in law would kick my ass if I suggested it was him.... :D

Triple filtered 03 July 2010 09:57 PM

A young lad at my work tried to skive a week off the other day.

Told the gaffer '' I need a week off as I'm going into hospital to have an operation''

Gaffer said ''Whats wrong?''

''I've got a lump in the back of my throat, Doctor said they need to operate to get rid of it.''

As the gaffer knew he hadnt had a day off for a while so knew he hadnt been to see the doc, he asked, ''How do you know this, you've not had a day off to see the doc?''

''My mum went for me yesterday'' was his reply.

Needless to say, he got a shower of fu@ks and sent to dig a big hole with a shovel...........then told to fill it back in again when he was finished.

Simon C 03 July 2010 10:31 PM

I have to go Miss Squares.

GC8 03 July 2010 10:41 PM

Chris, without a doubt.

Why on earth would Paul be wasting his time with the above mentioned member?

dpb 03 July 2010 10:41 PM

driving under the influence - good thing you never got it going :thumb:

Paulo P 03 July 2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 9478478)
Chris, without a doubt.

Why on earth would Paul be wasting his time with the above mentioned member?

Got it in one :D He is keen to learn I'll give him that but he's also funny to be around when he does stuff like this :lol1: I was a bit gutted not to be able to get hands on fixing it so that made up for it :D

SwissTony 04 July 2010 12:04 AM

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

M444GY 04 July 2010 06:13 PM

lol swiss the marine engineer :thumb:

Xx-IAN-xX 04 July 2010 06:38 PM

Matteeboy http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/a.../wanker1-1.gif

MMT WRX 04 July 2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 9478455)

Don't know who's going to be more insulted, Sarah or Swiss :D

Will 04 July 2010 07:22 PM

:lol1:

SwissTony 05 July 2010 07:48 AM

I turned up for what was meant to be a day out on a mate's speedboat on a lovely day. And what did I end up doing ??

Only stuck in the engine bay of a sodding oily, rusty boat with a failed starter motor and a suspect choice of music cds :Suspiciou

6 hours of that and never got near the water, though our little one did manage to fall in the river :lol1:

My mechanical and engineering skills are well known to you all :p. You should not be surprised :D

J4CKO 05 July 2010 09:18 AM

You know when I did that thread last week about female logic and understanding of how things work, thats exactly what i was getting at....

SwissTony 05 July 2010 09:40 AM

Are you calling me a big girl ???
If so outside right now !!!

Leslie 05 July 2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9478366)
Today we were supposed to go out on a mates speedboat on the Thames but the starter motor packed up, another mate had a spare starter motor for a different type of boat so he went off to get it. I am on crutches with a broken ankle so a couple of my mates set about changing the starter motor and this is where it gets funny :lol1:

One of them (a scoobynetter) said "can't I just swap the wires over and leave it next to the engine?" :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Classic line :D Who could it be? :lol1:

Sadly the starter motor didn't work but we still had a cracking day messing about with the boat outside the pub on the banks of the thames :thumb:

When you consider that the replacement did not work anyway, it would have been a lot easier to go along with that suggestion!

Not much point in having a speedboat on the Thames anyway. Isn't the speed limit 4 knots?

You could have paddled it that fast. :D

Les ;)

J4CKO 05 July 2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 9480518)
Are you calling me a big girl ???
If so outside right now !!!

I thought we had established you werent capable of starting something :D

SwissTony 05 July 2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9480707)

Nothing wrong with my starter motor sonny jim :p

pslewis 05 July 2010 12:56 PM

I'm surprised you didn't dangle the wires in the water - Electric Power means a cheaper licence :D

SwissTony 05 July 2010 01:05 PM

we couldn't get near the water :Suspiciou

Leslie 06 July 2010 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 9480707)

I imagine it will be the finishing that he finds difficult!

Les :D

22BUK 06 July 2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9480677)

Not much point in having a speedboat on the Thames anyway. Isn't the speed limit 4 knots?

...:D

Les ;)

There is no speed limit on the Tideway downstream of Wandsworth Bridge, although boats are not allowed to create undue wash. Upstream of Wandsworth Bridge a speed limit is in force for powered craft to protect the riverbank environment and to provide safe conditions for rowers and other river users. The speed limit of 8 knots (15 km/h) applies to powered craft on this tidal part and 4.3 knots (8 km/h) on the non-tidal Thames.

Paulo P 07 July 2010 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 9480677)
When you consider that the replacement did not work anyway, it would have been a lot easier to go along with that suggestion!

You could have paddled it that fast. :D

Les ;)

No comment on how fast you can go but on the Thames it's not all about going fast ;) As we proved the other day you can have a whole load of fun without moving at all lol :lol1:

I would love to take a speedboat up to London and cruise the Thames up there, that would be great and you can also get some speed up where it's not restricted :cool:

SwissTony 07 July 2010 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9483690)
it's not all about going fast ;)

Quoted for future reference :D

Leslie 07 July 2010 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 22BUK (Post 9482561)
There is no speed limit on the Tideway downstream of Wandsworth Bridge, although boats are not allowed to create undue wash. Upstream of Wandsworth Bridge a speed limit is in force for powered craft to protect the riverbank environment and to provide safe conditions for rowers and other river users. The speed limit of 8 knots (15 km/h) applies to powered craft on this tidal part and 4.3 knots (8 km/h) on the non-tidal Thames.

Thanks for the information. I only know about the 6 knot speed limit in our estuary before going out to sea. But my friend who owns a boat at Hampton Wick said it was 4 knots.

Les :)

Leslie 07 July 2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Paulo P (Post 9483690)
No comment on how fast you can go but on the Thames it's not all about going fast ;) As we proved the other day you can have a whole load of fun without moving at all lol :lol1:

I would love to take a speedboat up to London and cruise the Thames up there, that would be great and you can also get some speed up where it's not restricted :cool:

Yes I am sure you know I was only kidding anyway!

If I was really rude I could have suggested taking deckchairs! Its a lot cheaper.

Les :D

Devildog 07 July 2010 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Simon C (Post 9478455)

She'd probably have suggested a push start :lol1:

Paulo P 13 November 2010 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 9484518)
She'd probably have suggested a push start :lol1:

:lol: I missed that reply :lol1: