ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Garaging your car overnight ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/837965-garaging-your-car-overnight.html)

jono300 17 June 2010 10:02 PM

Garaging your car overnight ??

Noticed the other night that the guy just up the road from me has traded in his focus st for one off the new 10 plate focus rs models, horrible green colour but must admitt really does look the part !!! must be catching on as I know another neighbour who has also just bought himself a 10 plate focus rs this one being the blue coloured one, anyway got me thinking both these cars are not garaged at night, sit off road on a privaye driveway but as I say not safe and secure in a locked garage, would have certainly thought that the focus rs like most high end performance cars would have to be garaged overnight to satisfy your insurance company if not yourself ??!!

staying in a large new housing estate its a fact that very few owners off what are some very expensive cars bother garagaing them at night, do most insurers off performance high risk cars not require this ??

dpb 17 June 2010 10:39 PM

steering wheel lock ? , lol

scoobyvirgin 17 June 2010 10:46 PM

Never had to garage my Evo, nor did the insurance bother about a tracker. I used to leave it parked on the road most of the time.

scooby seb 17 June 2010 10:46 PM

i sometimes think it might not be safer in a garage unless the garage is alarmed as it give's the thief that little bit more protection from being spotted while getting into the car!! just my own thoughts

but would still give my right arm for one:lol1:

Flaps 17 June 2010 10:48 PM

My Impreza has to be all locked up by 10pm, it says so on the insurance!

Moley 17 June 2010 10:52 PM

Depends on the postcode.

You can still keep it on the drive in a s**t postcode, it'll just cost a lot!

jpor 18 June 2010 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Flaps (Post 9453090)
My Impreza has to be all locked up by 10pm, it says so on the insurance!

I take it your with A-Plan then? :confused:

Same conditions I had until I went with Gary Moulson and Keith Michaels, happy days no more restrictions, and I live in a good postcode as well. :wonder:

daviee 18 June 2010 01:16 AM

Its a British culture thing, keep a rusty bike, some sh1t old garden tools and some left over carpet you never gonna use, total value about £10 and park the £30k car outside :cuckoo: I garage the car every night and i am a lazy sod.

Mitchy260 18 June 2010 07:24 AM

I have a garage and a £35k car sits on the drive every night. I cannot be bothered using it.

I don't know anyone that actively uses their garage.

Flaps 18 June 2010 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by jpor (Post 9453225)
I take it your with A-Plan then? :confused:

Same conditions I had until I went with Gary Moulson and Keith Michaels, happy days no more restrictions

Yep.

I phoned Gary and left my details but didn't hear back within the four days I had left on my A-Plan policy so I just ended up renewing with them. Their renewal price was favourable anyway.

To be honest though i'd put it in the garage even if I didn't have to.