ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New iPhone to be announced today :D (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/836330-new-iphone-to-be-announced-today-d.html)

ChefDude 07 June 2010 10:54 AM

New iPhone to be announced today :D

I was going to critique Desire's last comment in the HTC Desire thread, but a newly announced iphone is too juicy a subject :D

so instead of comparing the aged iphone 3GS+iPhone OS 3 to the spangly new Desire et al, what are the conversations going to be like from tomorrow ? :D

I guess apple will be on top of the tech pile for about a week before samsung/htc bring something else out, but the game will definitely be back on :)

it's been confirmed as having a 960x640 res screen - eye strain :confused:

Hanley 07 June 2010 10:56 AM

I thought it would be announced at the end of the WWDC which is Friday isn't it?

:)

Snazy 07 June 2010 11:06 AM

Predicted spec is apparently......

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_4g-3275.php

ChefDude 07 June 2010 11:15 AM

Steve's keynote is 6pm here (10am PST).

boxst 07 June 2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9435769)
I thought it would be announced at the end of the WWDC which is Friday isn't it?

iPhone is way too important for that -- it'll be in the Keynote.

Streamed live by lots of different websites (and running commentary by Marcus on here I expect!).

Steve

Markus 07 June 2010 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9435769)

Coming in late to this thread. No it'll be Monday when/if it is announced, stuff like this will always be part of the main Keynote, which is today.

Our dev team is down there this week so whatever is announced/released I'll have pretty good feedback from them all about what is going on. Who knows if it is indeed released I would expect at least one of them to bring a device back with them. Oh dear, it'll have to go to QA for them to test our app's compatibility with it, what a chore that will be ;)

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 9435808)
iPhone is way too important for that -- it'll be in the Keynote.

Streamed live by lots of different websites (and running commentary by Marcus on here I expect!).

Steve

Possibly. Unlike last year where I was working from home, I'm in an office this time round and though the team might all be down at WWDC I've still go a fair bit of work to do for an urgent release so I'd fully expect to miss the whole thing :D

Hanley 07 June 2010 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Markus (Post 9435859)
though the team might all be down at WWDC I've still go a fair bit of work to do for an urgent release so I'd fully expect to miss the whole thing :D

Couldn't bag yourself a seat on the jolly Markus?

SwissTony 07 June 2010 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ChefDude (Post 9435794)
Steve's keynote is 6pm here (10am PST).

chefdude has gone from asking when the new iphone is coming out to blooming starting threads about it now :lol1:

JackClark 07 June 2010 04:53 PM

I've paid for internet@sea just so I can gloat in all the Apple goodness.

subaruturbo_18 07 June 2010 04:54 PM

So when is it being announced?

ChefDude 07 June 2010 05:10 PM

from 6pm

he'll have to tell everyone how wonderful the current ipad, app store is, etc market share blah blah

i reckon 6:20pm and he'll be talking about it.

Markus 07 June 2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 9435889)
Couldn't bag yourself a seat on the jolly Markus?

Alas not. Perhaps next year. It does mean I will get stuff done without devs breaking the code :D

bigsinky 07 June 2010 05:57 PM

for uk release when???

boxst 07 June 2010 06:11 PM

Live feed: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/07/s...est&refresh=60

Rob_Impreza99 07 June 2010 06:20 PM

I was reading on another forum that the new iphone spec is a bit of a let down especially hardware wise, it was supposed to shake the world technology wise but apparently its not that big a leap from the existing iphone. Of course it will be an improvement but apparently its not exactly ground breaking.

Will 07 June 2010 06:24 PM

Swiss will be over the moon with this:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....131-rm-eng.jpg

:D

Scooby Soon! 07 June 2010 06:36 PM

thin, thin, thin!

not sure thats the best selling point in the world but I am watching for the big "game changing" moment!

john banks 07 June 2010 06:44 PM

It can't load the New York Times website ;) Quite fancy one though, until they reveal the price...

Scooby Soon! 07 June 2010 06:45 PM

Oh no! the iphone 4 is broken already!

Looks like Steve is having some problems with the new phone, I guarantee it wont be apples fault :lol1:

boxst 07 June 2010 06:46 PM

https://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget...193-rm-eng.jpg

Will 07 June 2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon! (Post 9436474)
Oh no! the iphone 4 is broken already!

Looks like Steve is having some problems with the new phone, I guarantee it wont be apples fault :lol1:

10:43AM "One more time... sorry guys..." Wait, it's loading. The audience is oohing!

10:43AM Someone is going down for this network glitch.

10:43AM "I'm afraid we have a problem and I'm not going to be able to show you much today... let's just go take a look at some photos here... take a look at that." Wow, this is striking -- huge difference in quality.

:lol1:

boxst 07 June 2010 06:51 PM

Amazing that so much can fit into such a little toy. Adding gyroscope.

JackClark 07 June 2010 07:02 PM

Gyroscope... Steve read my emails!!!

f1_fan 07 June 2010 07:07 PM

Wi-fi problems? Who'd have thought? ;) Stand next to the wireless router mate ;)

JackClark 07 June 2010 07:19 PM

He listened to you too, Antenna is the outside edge of the case, even living so far from a transmitter you should get a signal. Time to upgrade fella, want to sell your 3GS?

f1_fan 07 June 2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 9436539)
He listened to you too, Antenna is the outside edge of the case, even living so far from a transmitter you should get a signal. Time to upgrade fella, want to sell your 3GS?

Ah yes, but I thought there was no issue with reception. :D

P.S. I don't live far from a transmitter ..... but you knew that didn't you :D

JackClark 07 June 2010 07:31 PM

Couldn't help myself, much like yourself :D

JackClark 07 June 2010 07:36 PM

Video Calling! Gash!! Could have spent that effort on something useful. Even a face as handsome as mine doesn't need to be shown live on a phone.

f1_fan 07 June 2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 9436569)
Couldn't help myself, much like yourself :D

Rumbled ;)

Joking aside though it does have some great new features. Crikey, did I just say that? Nurse!!!!!!!!! ;)

JackClark 07 June 2010 07:48 PM

I guess that's it. The iPhone is now the best spec'd phone as well as having the best operating system and interactivity. I doubt the physical specs will stay on top for long, but there's no chance the other two can be toppled, not with todays advancements.

My favourites, the Gyroscope and class leading battery life, I'll be recording GPS and Spatial position, listening to the iPod and taking calls whilst flying acrobatics on my Paraglider. Maybe I'll record, edit and upload a video at the same time.