ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Advice please .... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/835890-advice-please.html)

Adnap51 04 June 2010 08:42 AM

Advice please ....

Hello folks, I agreed to buy an item from someone on here (not naming names yet as i'm still hopefull that they're not a ....). However it's now been 2 months and item still hasn't turned up, seller not responded to latest message and i'm beginning to think i've just lost my money.

Anything i can do? Any process in place for if this happens?

Camoscooby 04 June 2010 09:28 AM

2 months is a long time:wonder:

I presume that you have tried all the usual lines of communication? Did you exchange phone numbers (I always try) just incase there is a problem?.

Did the seller provide a tracking number or proof of posting? In any case, the item should have arrived by now. If emails are continually going unanswered then name and shame I say..............that may prompt a response.................:nono:

Good luck mate

coupe_20vt 04 June 2010 09:59 AM

2 months :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Name and shame.

my94wrx 04 June 2010 10:17 AM

as above, after 2 months you can be pretty sure that you wont be seeing your money or whatever it was you bought.

Midlife...... 04 June 2010 10:42 AM

From this sale ??

just a guess by looking at your previous posts.

Shaun

Adnap51 16 June 2010 03:33 PM

Thanks for replies folks - sorry to not have responded sooner.

Anyway, it's been about 10 weeks now and still nothing from the man in question so time to take all of your advice and name and shame! User name is l491wrx and his name is Bobby Roberts - spread the word - he's the devil, a scorpion man, a thief, a crook and a scoundrel.

Midlife ...... - It wasn't from that post - thought i'd better just clear that up so nobody holds it against x Sammie x.

Coupe 20VT - i take it you have a Fiat Coupe 20VT - I used to have one of them, sprint blue with tan leather, loved it but had to sell it as work meant driving 15k per year. It's in my top three of stuff i've owned.

Marx Mcrae 16 June 2010 04:27 PM

This is happening way too often now!

Tomwrx 16 June 2010 05:04 PM

as above, its turning a good site into a joke,

what exactly did u buy/not recieve.

surely someone must know this guy?

and he was last active on the site on : 11 June 2010 13:12

my94wrx 16 June 2010 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Marx Mcrae (Post 9450830)
This is happening way too often now!

i fully agree, people are getting scammed left right and centre, by paid up and non paying members, making people pay to advertise hasn't really worked as the scammers will still target the people who post in the wanted section who are the prime targets for being scammed, paying to advertise has also seen a decline in a lot of the bargains in the for sale section from genuine people.

alcazar 16 June 2010 06:01 PM

<wrings hands, while raking in money>

"But guuuuuuuys, there's NOTHING IB can do.............."

<continues to rake in money>

Marx Mcrae 16 June 2010 06:47 PM

So are you gonna name this person yet so noone else gets scammed.

Was the seller selling other items to other people? It might be worth while checking to see if other people are having problems

dunx 16 June 2010 07:48 PM

Well he's selling on ebay with the same ID.....

dunx

Adnap51 21 June 2010 10:26 AM

TomWRX - It was spats for rear bumper that i was buying.

Marx McRae - I named him in post above but just so it's not missed ... l491wrx and his name is Bobby Roberts. Going to post a new message about it now.

danssti 21 June 2010 04:17 PM

totally agree with marx mcrae, its happening to often.

not much joy in getting money back or item brought after 2 whole months

but hope u do have some joy getyting money/item back

dan