ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The World Cup thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/835164-the-world-cup-thread.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 30 May 2010 02:36 PM

The World Cup thread

Well what a blinding display by us to go into the game with USA in 2 weeks :lol1:

What a pile of sh!te they are. Rooney showing his petulence again, Lampard showing why he should not be a penalty taker at the World Cup. Absolutely no creativity in the team what so ever. Do they know what flair is?

Every other World Cup nation will be laughing at us knowing there is nothing to fear in playing us. The USA will be rubbing their hands after today's show.

If we play like this against Japan how the hell would we cope with Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy, Germany, France or Holland? Shocking doesn't get close to today.

I'm so looking forward to this World Cup but don't think England will even get past the group stages at this rate.

Myles 30 May 2010 02:39 PM

We are playing poorly, hopefully they are saving the good form for the Finals.

All I can say is laugh at your peril.

Aaron1978 30 May 2010 04:04 PM

Barring the Argies nobody is really setting the world on fire.

Aaron:thumb:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/wor...hedule-results

P1 Daveyboy 30 May 2010 04:11 PM

We may win this if only playing Japan also we wont need to score a goal either as Japan score for us twice.
The only good news is that we had a british 1-2 on F1 today oh but needed help there as well Doh :brickwall

97TURBO 30 May 2010 07:58 PM

Thats now two games against very average opposition where they were outplayed on technical ability. On the flip side they seem to be carrying a sack load of luck by winning with dodgey goals.

LUCKO 30 May 2010 09:58 PM

you didnt really think England are serious world cup potential winners did you? :lol1:

Moley 30 May 2010 10:58 PM

I get the impression that against lower opposition the England players think they just need to turn up and they'll win.

Hopefully against decent teams they'll raise their game a bit (or a lot)

Funkii Munkii 31 May 2010 12:35 AM

This is the most open World Cup I can remember, anyone can win it, it wouldn't surprise me if the winner was a rank outsider, Ivory Coast maybe....

Bravo2zero_sps 31 May 2010 07:19 AM

Funki I was thinking the same that an African team may well make a big showing this time around.

FlightMan 31 May 2010 04:12 PM

I think it's quite possible than an African country will get to the semi's this time round.

Aaron1978 31 May 2010 05:40 PM

Fabio Capello has finally decided on the side he wants to take to the World Cup....

Spain..

Turbo2 01 June 2010 10:46 AM

I'm not sure Capello will be around next season as long as the Inter vacancy remains open. If we have a poor tournament, there'll be calls for his head anyway, if we have a reasonably good tournament (i.e semi-final), he'll probably think he can't go any further with this ageing squad, many of whom will be the wrong side of 30 when the next Euros come around (eg. James, Green, A Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, King, Lampard, Gerrard, J Cole, Wright Philips, Crouch, Heskey (:lol1:), Carrick, Hargreaves, Carragher, Barry and of course Beckham). If he wins it, then they'll probably make him King of England. :D

Bravo2zero_sps 01 June 2010 11:03 AM

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...ces_Understand

I think he will still be England manager next season taking us through to the Euros.

Will 01 June 2010 02:14 PM

Come on Wales

Oh hang on... :mad:

STi wanna Subaru 01 June 2010 02:27 PM

So Theo out and SWP in. neither have a football brain so I guess Fabio just tossed a coin.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 June 2010 02:59 PM

I think that is the right choice TBH even as a Gooner. Theo has been cr4p and lacking any sort of confidence where as SWP at least takes players on and occasionally wins creating chances.

STi wanna Subaru 01 June 2010 03:02 PM

Walcott doesn't have the footballing brain needed to be a top player. Said it many times before. highlights once again how stupid it was that Sven picked him last time around.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 June 2010 03:07 PM

I still believe he is played out of position and should be played as a striker, his pace is second to none and would be ideal for beating the offside trap with through balls. If ever a player should have been trained to follow in the footsteps of Henry it should have been him and don't understand why Wenger has refused to go down that road.

STi wanna Subaru 01 June 2010 03:17 PM

He has all the physical tools it seems to do that but again i just think the lad doesn't have it up top. happy to be proved wrong.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 June 2010 03:24 PM

I don't think we will ever find out as Wenger seems hell bent on keeping him as a wide player which he isn't strong enough to deal with.

He has proved he can finish for England with that hattrick, he just needs the time in the striking role to prove he can beat the off side trap and make the most of his pace.

How Wenger can play the likes of Bendtner up front and refuse to give Walcott a chance at goal scoring is beyond me.

I think SWP will provide some flair down the wings which we desperately need. I think the inclusion of Barry is a mistake as he isn't fit.

STi wanna Subaru 01 June 2010 03:27 PM

I hope Lennon starts and not SWP. SWP tends to run directly at the player, shin it a couple of times which means neither he nor the defender have a clue where it's going and then pray he can run round the defender. I'm not a fan ;)

Anyway it seems the FA have handled this squad announcement with their usual deft ability to make something simple a total shambles.

Jay m A 01 June 2010 04:15 PM

Yep Walcott staying home

Squad announced

http://www.skysports.com/football/wo...184043,00.html

Funkii Munkii 05 June 2010 01:56 AM

Rio and Drogba out

:(

Jay m A 05 June 2010 08:17 AM

Rio out with ligament damage after a tackle with..............

Heskey FFS

Bravo2zero_sps 05 June 2010 08:23 AM

Some very big names not on show this time round which is a shame. No Ronaldinho, Ballack, Drogba, Essien, Pirlo (possibly), Zanetti, Vieira, Cambiasso, Benzema, Toni, Van Nistlerooy and then Ferdinand and Beckham for us.

What the hell that nut job Maradona thinks he's doing leaving out Cambiasso and Zanetti is beyond me but at least it's good for us if we play them!

Will 05 June 2010 09:23 AM

Heskey :lol1: Would of thought Bent would of got in before him!!!!

richie001 05 June 2010 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9432881)
Some very big names not on show this time round which is a shame. No Ronaldinho, Ballack, Drogba, Essien, Pirlo (possibly), Zanetti, Vieira, Cambiasso, Benzema, Toni, Van Nistlerooy and then Ferdinand and Beckham for us.

Now John Obi Mikel is out :(

Funkii Munkii 06 June 2010 01:39 AM

Robben looks doubtful as well, hardly suprising as he is so injury prone.

Such an open WC

Turbo2 08 June 2010 01:55 PM

Nani of Man U & Portugal out now too.

You could make quite a decent team from all those injured players who won't now be kicking off this weekend.

Funkii Munkii 08 June 2010 02:07 PM

Fergie needs to buy a central defender now surely ?