ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   camera van (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/834556-camera-van.html)

addison 26 May 2010 02:58 PM

camera van

the van's you see on the side of the road and on motorway bridges
are the camera set up on a patch of road and left or do they aim manually moving them

ScoobySteve69 26 May 2010 03:35 PM

I`m pretty sure they`re manned mate.

djwrx 26 May 2010 03:42 PM

hiya mate they normaly have a bloke sat in the back working the gadget etc.they used work out my old depot and they normaly park up somewhere for few hours and take pics.there should be a safety camera partenship website which gives the locations and also the days when they are there.they used to years ago....did you get caught?

kully 26 May 2010 03:47 PM

depending on what you were doing , wait for the postie to bring the bad news .

Majority of things are now posted to your doorstep :freak3:

djwrx 26 May 2010 03:51 PM

anywhere now especialy these rurual type roads if you see the speed camera sign chances are there will be a van on there from time too time.too be fair tho i think the law dictates that the vehicle must be visible and not hidden etc.there normaly got hi viz markings on the back too.bank holidays seem a favourite by me.they park on quite a fast strecth of b road

kully 26 May 2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by djwrx (Post 9417618)
anywhere now especialy these rurual type roads if you see the speed camera sign chances are there will be a van on there from time too time.too be fair tho i think the law dictates that the vehicle must be visible and not hidden etc.there normaly got hi viz markings on the back too.bank holidays seem a favourite by me.they park on quite a fast strecth of b road

Errrrmmmmm Nope . I got done by an umarked police car parked up on a main road . Didn't even know it was there until i got my NIP in the post :mad:

alcazar 26 May 2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by djwrx (Post 9417618)

Even with HighVis, the Humberside ones park up where as soon as YOU can see him, he's already pinged you:mad:

lazadude 26 May 2010 03:57 PM

Sometimes the Vans can be ANPR vans checking Tax/MOT/Insurance etc, with cops waiting further up the road to stop anything that's flagged, they don't register speed, otherwise will have to wait for post. Sometimes they don't catch you, I know I was doing 45ish in a 40 and went past a "partnership" van, yet nothing came through.

djwrx 26 May 2010 04:03 PM

yer the ANPR vans normaly just have couple blacked out windows in the back.im all for them too be honest cos it gets the arses off the road who dodge tax mot and insurance

djwrx 26 May 2010 04:05 PM

have you looked into to that Kully if it all above board etc??..thought even cops were supposed be visible when doing you for speeding?

kully 26 May 2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by djwrx (Post 9417652)
have you looked into to that Kully if it all above board etc??..thought even cops were supposed be visible when doing you for speeding?

I took it on the chin tbh , i was doing 44 in 30 so a little lucky as its normally a lot more on that particular strecth , i did find out that alot of people got done down this road and there are few warning signs 30mph zones .

My own fault :nono:lol