ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Boiler installation - Installer didnt register it - questions... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/833911-boiler-installation-installer-didnt-register-it-questions.html)

Funkii Munkii 22 May 2010 01:58 AM

Boiler installation - Installer didnt register it - questions...

Any boiler installers on here who can advise

I had a new boiler installed in my home in London last year whilst I was working in Australia,it has come to light they never registered the installation.

I put the house up for sale recently and had a buyer, they have now pulled out, one of the reasons being there is no Corgi certificate for the insallation of the boiler.

It was installed before April 1st 2009 when the certification process changed from Corgi to Gas Safe.

I have checked with both Corgi and Gas Safe and thet have no record of this ever being registered. I believe the intaller who was corgi registered took advantage as I was out of the country I have e-mailed him and text'd him and so far no response.

I'm seriously p1ssed to say the least, if anything had happened whilst I had tenants in there god only knows what the legalities would have been.

I'm coming back to the UK in 4 weeks time, have I got any recourse with this company ?

Both Corgi and Gas Safe say I should report them to the local authorities. Personally I believe the installation company should sort this out with corgi.

Any advice appreciated, it's a boody nightmare being out here and not being able to go knock on their door asking for answers, I reckon because they know i'm in Aus and they feel they can ignore it.

Leslie 22 May 2010 08:20 AM

I dont know the law about that but I should have thought you have a good case against them. Hopefully you can give them a good sorting out when you get back.

Les

hutton_d 22 May 2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9410886)
I have checked with both Corgi and Gas Safe and thet have no record of this ever being registered. I believe the intaller who was corgi registered took advantage as I was out of the country I have e-mailed him and text'd him and so far no response.

Well, if you can text him you can phone him and talk to him! Or send a letter saying your next step is to consult a solicitor if you get no joy. That often works wonders. Obviously the next step is actually a solicitor .....

Dave

Funkii Munkii 22 May 2010 11:50 AM

Solicitor already aware and copied in solicitor on the e-mail asking them to copy him in on their response but still a blank.

mervil 22 May 2010 04:19 PM

Ring him from a completely different number to call him out for a 'boiler breakdown' to a friends house, when he gets the, confront him about it ;)

He can still register it, he can do it online in front of you then :thumb: Have the make/model of the boiler, also GC and serial numbers so he can register it there and then! Good luck!

Xx-IAN-xX 22 May 2010 04:35 PM

Hey Funkil , any date set for your return mate

Funkii Munkii 23 May 2010 12:44 AM

Ian, 2nd Phase of the WC :thumb:

Mervil thanks for the info, that will be useful when I catch up wih them