ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Indicators Not Working (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/831817-indicators-not-working.html)

Markfey 09 May 2010 12:51 PM

Indicators Not Working

I have a v4 sti classic.

I have recently bought and fitted crystal headlights, side lights and side repeaters.

After fitting them all the offside side repeater wasn't working. I left it intending to buy some more bulbs.

After about thirty miles the dash light for the indicators was solid, i.e. not blinking as were the indicators. After another thirty miles the dash lights and indicators all stopped working.

When i lock the car with the alarm the indicators still flash.

I have checked the fusses behind the coin box next to the steering wheel but nothing has blown.

What have i done? Any advice would be much appreciated.

As a reult of my new purchase i now have for sell a pair of facelift headlights, side lights and side repeaters. £50 collected if any one is interedted?

Bealescooby 09 May 2010 10:25 PM

i had a similar problem on my old sti v2 it was an indicator relay located behind the stereo on a v2 unsure on the v4 but worth locating and swapping

alcazar 10 May 2010 12:08 PM

Does sound like a burned out relay.
Mine is a 98 UK car. The indicator relay is high up under the dash on the driver's side. You can SEE it, or FEEL it, but not at the same time:(

If it helps, mine was green.. NOT easy to remove, either:( :(

Markfey 11 May 2010 05:05 PM

Cheers guys much appreciated.

Sounds like a good excuse to have a flocked dash fitted at the same time :)

Peanuts 11 May 2010 05:18 PM

you have the car set to "BMW" mode :lol:

alcazar 11 May 2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Peanuts (Post 9392646)
you have the car set to "BMW" mode :lol:

Sod it: Pernod all over the keyboard:D

Mattolodis 20 September 2017 03:14 PM

Massive thread revival ..... i cannot find this relay when you say high up how high? and next to what ? any help much appreciated thank you as i am loosing the will to live trying to find something i cant see or feel lol

alcazar 20 September 2017 04:07 PM

It's well up, attached to the front bulkhead. Right behind the instrument cluster.

Mattolodis 20 September 2017 04:17 PM

Ok that helps a little more thank you.... am i likely to get to it from going from the pedal area or is there an easier route to it ?:thumb:

alcazar 21 September 2017 11:44 AM

Got mine lying upside down with head on pedals. It helps to look first, but once you reach up, you can no longer see it.

Mattolodis 22 September 2017 01:21 PM

This still doesn't help lol .... i have looked up, left, right ... removed dash dial surround .......still can not see it i dont really know what im looking for as there are not any pictures anywhere. How can it be this hard lol

Vxr2010 25 September 2017 11:09 AM

what about putting on a left or right signal can you hear it clicking as it works ?

Mattolodis 25 September 2017 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 11967852)
what about putting on a left or right signal can you hear it clicking as it works ?

nope it does not click either way but the hazard switch works and all x4 indicators light up fine

Don Clark 25 September 2017 11:27 AM

If the indicators work fine with the Hazard switch it would suggest the indicator stalk switch is not functioning, which is bypassed.

Vxr2010 25 September 2017 12:02 PM

not being rude but no sign of clicking with hazards on , it could also be hazard light switch as i think indicators and hazard lights run through that

Vxr2010 25 September 2017 12:07 PM

as the fault has appeared after you put the lights in ? correct me if i'm wrong , then most likely cause is lights themselves or wiring , a poor earth causes a lot of issues , worth swapping old light back in to check ?

Don Clark 25 September 2017 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 11967871)
not being rude but no sign of clicking with hazards on , it could also be hazard light switch as i think indicators and hazard lights run through that

I was taking his meaning that it "doesn't click either way" was in response to your "what about putting on a left or right signal can you hear it clicking as it works ?"

and "but the hazard switch works and all x4 indicators light up fine" meant that the hazards worked as they should.

Mattolodis 25 September 2017 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vxr2010 (Post 11967872)
as the fault has appeared after you put the lights in ? correct me if i'm wrong , then most likely cause is lights themselves or wiring , a poor earth causes a lot of issues , worth swapping old light back in to check ?

your referencing to the original post I have hijacked it along the way I have not changed any lights

Vxr2010 25 September 2017 12:13 PM

apologies , i was thinking of relay was clicking then it could be found by its clicking noise