ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/)
-   -   Time for a new Car (https://www.scoobynet.com/middlesex-subaru-owners-club-434/830887-time-for-a-new-car.html)

a5h 03 May 2010 09:23 PM

Time for a new Car

So i have finally taken a deposit on my classic with it being collected this week.

I have a strong incling to get an MY06 UK Hawkeye.

Have seen a couple in my price range!!

Any one think i would be better of with the blobeye 2,0 or is it worth gettin a hawkeye with the 2.5.

Any thoughts good or bad will be welcomed as i am wanting to buy it within the next couple of weeks.
Also any surgested mods as i will be driving it to le mans in june and fancy a bit more poke than standard.

Thanks in advance all.

P.S
Fiestboy once i have got it do you think we can book it in with you for a remap + and advice would be welcomed.

Budgie 03 May 2010 09:33 PM

what is your budget ash?

JonMc 03 May 2010 09:38 PM

Are you looking for a WRX or STI? It may be worth buying an older STI rather than a newer WRX as you'll have a stronger car to start with and more potential. All depends upon your budget really.

TonyBurns 04 May 2010 08:21 AM

MY06 hawkeyes were (and still are) reknown for having head gasket issues.
Wouldnt touch one personally because of that....

Tony:)

a5h 04 May 2010 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 9378732)
what is your budget ash?

Sorry guys,
I should of said my budget is £12 - £13k and i don't really want a WRX as i have had a couple 2000 turbo's and end up selling them as you can't go that far with them. I currently feel that the STI is the only way to go.

Also i think the Hawkeye looks the best but don't want to get it if i have loads of issues.

Ash

a5h 04 May 2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9379127)

Budgie,

You have a Hawkeye have you had any issues or would you stand behind your purchase.

Tony- is that not an excuse to just get a little crazy and rebulid.

JonMc 04 May 2010 11:53 AM

For that sort of budget you could probably pick up a very nice Blobeye Spec-C. The 2L engines do seem stronger than the 2.5L and my understanding is that you can't get a 2.5L CDB, so the 2.0L is the better option.

I know where my money would go, even though I prefer the look of the Hawk over the Blob:D

M444GY 04 May 2010 12:17 PM

blob spec c . of a nice classic sti and have change to play with it :norty:

a5h 04 May 2010 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 9379356)
blob spec c . of a nice classic sti and have change to play with it :norty:

I want a car i can keep for a couple of years so a classic is out of the question also my budget has a extra provision of £2k to cover insurance and mods so i have covered the playing with it avenue.
Also i think the hawkeye is the best looker of the newage.
A fellow scoobynet member has just PM'd me saying he is selling his spec c hawkeye any thoughts?

TonyBurns 04 May 2010 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by JonMc (Post 9379328)
For that sort of budget you could probably pick up a very nice Blobeye Spec-C.

I just have :D 11k and 20k on the clock ;) bargain :D

A5h, the spec c's are great :D just depends on your budget and if you can live with one if its your main car, quite a few people cant :( but if its a second car then its more than livable with :D

a5h 04 May 2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9379672)
I just have :D 11k and 20k on the clock ;) bargain :D

A5h, the spec c's are great :D just depends on your budget and if you can live with one if its your main car, quite a few people cant :( but if its a second car then its more than livable with :D

The Spec c look great but i think they sound just that little bit to extreme and not sure if i can live with it. Not been able to get a good answer as to the differnce with a spec c other than the auto intercooler and oil rad.

Found a 07 Hawkeye with 7k 390bhp for £14 so will check it out this weekend.

a5h 04 May 2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9379127)

Spoke to Fiestaboy and said they have had a few issues with the head gasket issues but should be ok upto 400 bhp which is as far as i can see myself going with this project.