ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Advice needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/829946-advice-needed.html)

a16pse 28 April 2010 06:22 PM

Advice needed

Right then, i have owned my 06STI for 2 years now and must say that it is the dogs but im in the mood for a change , so i am looking at trading in for an EVO FQ 320 - 340, whats you thoughts is it the right thing to do and will it be worth the extra money, im in a right dilema, cheers steve.

richard1522 28 April 2010 07:41 PM

It is a hard question!!!

My brother is an evo man and had the 6 and the 8. I got to say the 8 is a real nice car and drives very nice. It was a FQ320 and went like stink but i have to say the car was very predicable and always corrected its self because of the yaw control.

Which i dont like so much as the subaru power with no driving aids:eek:
plus you have to think of the extra insurance premium and the road tax bracket which is twice as much.

Save your pennys and mod you scoob instead. I had the same decision a while back and went for the mods and now with the power i have and launch control it eats FQ360 off the line every time.:thumb:

zippy! 28 April 2010 07:58 PM

we are all obviously going to say the same on here mate as we love our scoobs and the evo is the opposition so really your asking our opinions on becoming a turn coat not on buying another car lol

dynamix 29 April 2010 09:12 AM

More power needed Steve ;)

a16pse 29 April 2010 08:13 PM

To be honest dunc i am wanting to do more track days in the near future and every time i do a track day im allways changing up to the next gear at around 5,500 revs to conserve the engine and to be fare i think the evo could take a bit more of a kaining, so i was thinking of putting 4-5 grand to an evo rather than spending the same on having to have an engine rebuild if it were to let go, cheers mate.

a16pse 06 May 2010 09:54 PM

well just an update , been out in an evo and not what i expected, i was board a about 2 miles down the road, no where near as good as my 2006 STI so she is staying with me for a while longer.

seddomyster 06 May 2010 10:10 PM

so does that mean mods to your car now? ive always wanted to try an evo but cant leave a scoob

a16pse 06 May 2010 10:34 PM

their all right but just all right if you know what i mean, i went out in an FQ 340, the dash in them is shocking and it didnt drive as nice as mine.

badman1972 06 May 2010 11:29 PM

Good to hear you sticking with the Scoob, a lot of mates have gone the Evo route and either come back, or admitted the Scooby is a better car to drive and live with on a daily basis...................it was on the advice of someone who had been both routes, that I bought my first ever Subaru!!

Jeff

seddomyster 06 May 2010 11:40 PM

i met some1 who went from a scoob to an evo 5. said the evo was more of a mans car an the scoob didnt do it for him. everbody to there taste i suppose. i have looked inside them an they do look crap well tha year car anyway

a16pse 07 May 2010 04:30 PM

A good mate of mine has an evo 6 and his interior is a lot better than whats in the 9 .

TonyBurns 07 May 2010 04:35 PM

Ah the evo is for girlies who cant drive and need to change the setting depending on the road conditions (tarmac/snow/gravel), subaru's just take the lot in their stride :lol1::D

Tony:)

a16pse 07 May 2010 04:42 PM

LOL